D1 Hockey in Arlington VA 11/24, 11/25 BU, MSU, NU, UW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Hockey in Arlington VA 11/24, 11/25 BU, MSU, NU, UW

BU, MSU, NU, and UW will each play two games at the Kettler Capitals Iceplex (the Washington Caps practice facility) in Arlington, VA on 11/24 and 11/25. This the second year this has been done.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: D1 Hockey in Arlington VA 11/24, 11/25 BU, MSU, NU, UW

I was happy to see the Badgers doing this on Thanksgiving weekend; this should be my first chance to see them away from Madison!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      I was happy to see the Badgers doing this on Thanksgiving weekend; this should be my first chance to see them away from Madison!
      If I'm in town, I'll see you there.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

FWIW, BU is the only one of the four schools which correctly lists these games as being played in Arlington, VA. The other three have it as Washington, DC.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          FWIW, BU is the only one of the four schools which correctly lists these games as being played in Arlington, VA. The other three have it as Washington, DC.
          Well you have to admit that D1 in DC sounds better than D1 in VA.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Exactly - it's all about the marketing! D1 in DC brings the "cool" factor, D1 in VA - not so much.

Comment

The teams will likely be doing a bunch of "visiting DC" stuff (and not just looking at the Washington Monument from the rink, which is possible ), so that's how they're thinking of it.

Of course, they normally do get the specific municipality correct, like in last year's Frozen Four in St. Charles, MO.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeSkates View Post
                Exactly - it's all about the marketing! D1 in DC brings the "cool" factor, D1 in VA - not so much.
                "D-I in Ballston" kind of works.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Well you have to admit that D1 in DC sounds better than D1 in VA.
                  Good point.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                    "D-I in Ballston" kind of works.
                    No. And if you don't take the (unreliable) Metro, pay to park.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

UGH!!!!!

I really wish I could make this!

I had planned to get in Friday morning for the two games, then head to NYC for Saturday's game at MSG (BU Men), but travel is expensive that weekend to justify just the one day.
                      Oh well.. next time I guess

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        No. And if you don't take the (unreliable) Metro, pay to park.
                        Parking situation (not so bad) for those unaware: https://transportation.arlingtonva.u...arking-garage/

You go in the garage and go all the way to the top. You can still access the rink from lower levels, but using the lot on top is the most straightforward option, because that's where the main lobby is.

Depending on where you're staying and how you're moving around the area, Metro is worth looking at.

Comment

The Kettler Capitals Iceplex sits atop the parking garage adjacent to the Ballston Common Mall. The mall is currently being renovated and little of it is open. This does not affect the garage and rinks.

Edit: Some of the lower garage levels are also being renovated.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-20-2017, 02:56 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            The Kettler Capitals Iceplex sits atop the parking garage adjacent to the Ballston Common Mall. The mall is currently being renovated and little of it is open. This does not affect the garage and rinks.
                            That is AWESOME news...we don't have to worry about Black Friday shenanigans.

Comment

Working...
                            X