Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I don't know how you can say they screwed current season ticket holders other than the one case we reported...that was definitely a screw up but its far from something blatant like screwing current season ticket holders.
    Went off a report I hear. If it was only one, I retract that part.

One of one is a big screw up.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
      I thought 1,200 was the usual student allocation at the BEC.
      Maybe 1,200 is I can't be sure. If that is the case then the attendance numbers are really bad for the season. Since it is a playoff game the numbers can be whatever NMU wants them to be.

Comment

I want to know if davyd lied to people on the radio, after the conclusion of the Sunday game, and said that tickets would be available online, like the in-arena announcer did. Did anyone listen to the broadcast?
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
          Forget Tech fans for a moment. NMU screwed their non-local alumni and current season ticket holders.
          This seems to be the biggest mistake to me from my outsider opinion. I gather there aren't a lot of NMU alums hanging around Marquette but I imagine there are plenty around the Midwest that would've made the drive.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            This seems to be the biggest mistake to me from my outsider opinion. I gather there aren't a lot of NMU alums hanging around Marquette but I imagine there are plenty around the Midwest that would've made the drive.
            Can anyone else concur that phone sales were not working? I have info that says otherwise, though I can not confirm that.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I want to know if davyd lied to people on the radio, after the conclusion of the Sunday game, and said that tickets would be available online, like the in-arena announcer did. Did anyone listen to the broadcast?
              I was listening via WCHA.tv. Dave was saying the university's word until the University changed course overnight. Unfortunately, the online sales were pushed heavily on radio and in-arena all night.

On his Twitter account he was replied to at 1:15am ET by the official NMU Hockey account that "tickets are not on sale yet, but available at the box office at 8am." The University's Twitter and Facebook kept pushing the box office hours, neglecting to mention the lack of phone or online sales unless directly asked.
              Last edited by aparch; 03-13-2018, 11:27 PM.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                In the matter of a half hour I had wrangled up at least 20 tickets worth of Alumni who had the ability to make it to Marquette for this game. There easily were 100 or more alumni not in the immediate MQT area that would have been willing to go.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                  Can anyone else concur that phone sales were not working? I have info that says otherwise, though I can not confirm that.
                  Yep. I personally called the main ticket line and head of ticket sales. Both rang then went to voicemail. Alumni office transferred my phone call to them on to the athletics office, which also rang and then went to voicemail.

My mother made the two hour drive up mid-afternoon and was told at the BEC box office that "all tickets are sold except for the season ticket holders who have until Wednesday. We don't know how were handling those remaining tickets not claimed."

She was also told "The voicemail box is full. We didn't even turn the ringer on all morning. In fact, I'm just going to delete all the messages without listening to them."

*edit* Former USCHO poster OlverIsMyHero called the ticket office (which stated they didn't open until 10) only to also have no answer and the call go to voicemail.
                  Last edited by aparch; 03-13-2018, 09:04 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

NMU should have reserved 100-200 tickets for Alumni that are out of town. They could have set a 2-4 ticket cap per purchase and coordinated with the Alumni Association. Set a set time to call in and order tickets. The could verify the Alumni's billing address against what the Alumni Association maintains (it is very accurate... I get a magazine once or twice a year and have moved 4 times since graduating).

This would not have given everyone a ticket... but it at least would have been a good gesture and effort.

In the end, with an event like this and under 5,000 seats available, there are always going to be people who miss out and are upset. There was one alumni who was up and down Facebook the past 48 hours who was acting like a child. He went so far to blame individual employees at the ticketing office who had nothing to do with the decision. Others said they will not spend another dollar at NMU and will prevent their kids from attending. It was pretty pathetic.
                    Go Cats!

Comment

For the record, that alumnus whining about specific ticket office people wasn't me.

I knew this was an Athletic Director / President decision that took place in the middle of the night.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Also, NoRemorse, the alumni are the cheapest marketing available for the University. We're the first representative some people ever have for the university. Our talking up of campus, the school, and the community is an influence that marketing can't buy with ads.

There have always been good turn outs for alumni gatherings around the country, but this slowly could sour relations with those alums.

I've always tried to get to one hockey game a year, home or away. Preferably home because that money goes back to NMU and MQT. This recent incident is making me not want to make a trip to MQT for the foreseeable future.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          And by the way, there have been times when Tech has limited NMU tickets and denied the band the opportunity to play.
                          This is not really an important topic, but 2 points:

1) Unless the WCHA has changed the rule since 03-04, visting bands were not allowed at regular season WCHA games. I had talked to them about this when the MTU Pep Band was trying to start going to away games. We were able to get to a couple of Non-WCHA games but that was all.

2) The NMU athletic department refused to allow the MTU Pep Band into any event at NMU starting in the mid 90's through 2004. We had requested to even do an exchange for hockey, basketball, football, and even volleyball. So to say MTU denied the NMU band to opportunity to play doesn't really mean much.

Comment

One thing's for sure. All three WCHA teams are very much under the radar from a national media perspective. No one, literally, is giving any WCHA team any chance of winning anything.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              One thing's for sure. All three WCHA teams are very much under the radar from a national media perspective. No one, literally, is giving any WCHA team any chance of winning anything.
                              That's cool by me.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                True, but that's sports. As Yogi Berra-ish as it sounds, no one thinks you can do it until you've done it, and for the nWCHA, only Ferris has "done it." I like our team. We've beaten numerous NCAA qualifiers over the last few years, including at least 3 this year (4 if BU gets hot this weekend), and many on their ice. But until we beat one of those qualifiers in the actual tournament, they should doubt us.

Now, let's go do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X