Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2017-2018 season, is this Reds last stand?

Is it just me or is Muehlbauer the worst player on the ice more often than not

Comment

27 for umd is good

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Ugh. At least Swayman had a great game.

Comment

Congratulations to the Bulldogs for sweeping a team on their home ice. Not an easy thing to do. Biddco, hope you enjoyed your visit to Maine and have a safe trip home.
          Last edited by Runsub5; 10-28-2017, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Tralmarks is the only Maine player who could generate any room on the ice. They make every goalie look like Dryden in his prime. Right in the bread basket or off the boards. It's frustrating to watch. They played well defensively, Swayman was good.
            Highlight of the night, meeting Biddco
            I'd say he had a good weekend at alfond. I know he made it to Pats, hopefully they made it to Acadia also.
            Give my #27 for UMD, big strong, can actually skate and can hit a spot with the puck. That guy can play some puck
            Last edited by walrus; 10-28-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Fire Red Gendron! This offense sucks. The dump & chase was as ineffective as ineffective can be....gross.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Tralmarks is the only Maine player who could generate any room on the ice. They make every goalie look like Dryden in his prime. Right in the bread basket or off the boards. It's frustrating to watch. They played well defensively, Swayman was good.
                Highlight of the night, meeting Biddco
                I'd say he had a good weekend at alfond. I know he made it to Pats, hopefully they made it to Acadia also.
                Give my #27 for UMD, big strong, can actually skate and can hit a spot with the puck. That guy can play some puck
                Agreed on Tralmarks. He looks like a good one. He had a terrific pass on a 2 on 1 that shoulda/coulda been buried by Vesey.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                  Fire Red Gendron! This offense sucks. The dump & chase was as ineffective as ineffective can be....gross.
                  This team kinda sucks... O, D, and goaltending.

Red's recruits can kinda hang-in and keep the final score South of downright embarrassing, but there isn't a finisher in sight on this squad. I'll stand by my over/under of 10 wins.

Some of you guys ought to consider watching football, just to salvage a little Maine pride. They have a smart young coach, and a young and talented team. They might be in the mix this season, and certainly will be next year. Hockey is a lost cause for at least 2-3 years after Maine finally sh#t-cans Red. He was a very, very bad hire.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    This team kinda sucks... O, D, and goaltending..
                    at least the power stayed on!!! baby steps
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      This team kinda sucks... O, D, and goaltending.

Red's recruits can kinda hang-in and keep the final score South of downright embarrassing, but there isn't a finisher in sight on this squad. I'll stand by my over/under of 10 wins.

Some of you guys ought to consider watching football, just to salvage a little Maine pride. They have a smart young coach, and a young and talented team. They might be in the mix this season, and certainly will be next year. Hockey is a lost cause for at least 2-3 years after Maine finally sh#t-cans Red. He was a very, very bad hire.
                      When you don't score more than a goal in a weekend, you aren't winning many games. I don't think the goaltending sucks but the offense sure does. Its pretty much the same offense Red has had for years, dump and chase no matter what. This may be the best team Maine plays this year?? Not sure on that but until some offense shows up this teams is going to continue to be on the bottom.

Congrats to the football team , they beat a team they should have. if they had beat UNH they might be in the playoff picture but like hockey they are owned by UNH

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        When you don't score more than a goal in a weekend, you aren't winning many games. I don't think the goaltending sucks but the offense sure does. Its pretty much the same offense Red has had for years, dump and chase no matter what. This may be the best team Maine plays this year?? Not sure on that but until some offense shows up this teams is going to continue to be on the bottom.

Congrats to the football team , they beat a team they should have. if they had beat UNH they might be in the playoff picture but like hockey they are owned by UNH
                        Maybe you and others missed it, but Maine actually scored 11 goals last weekend. I think UMD will definitely be the best team Maine plays all year. Maine needs to win against the bad teams, bottom line.

I had low expectations for Hockey East this year and even with those it has been worse than I expected. Could Maine, UNH, BU, and BC all miss NCAA's?
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          . Could Maine, UNH, BU, and BC all miss NCAA's?
                          Maine certainly will

Comment

It should be noted that UConn just got swept by Miami 3-0 & 7-1, albeit on the road. Maine had no problems scoring goals against the Redhawks.

I agree with some that UMD will be the best team that Maine faces this season. Hockey East looks very down this year...it's too bad that Maine can't score or they would be in the mix for a home playoff berth.

Comment

Good effort by Maine this weekend. Against a significantly better team they played hard, hung in there, and had a chance to win both nights. Very impressed with the spacing of duluth, a very well coached team. Maine made Duluth earn the W both nights. Hats off to both McGovern and Swayman for spectacular performances this weekend.
                              UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Maine faces a slow starting team in the River Hawks this weekend (0-4 in Hockey East play). It will be interesting to see how many goals Maine scores. Is this one of the teams Maine should sweep or split against?

Comment

Working...
                                X