Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by LunarOhio View Post
    No: Become a #2 seed and possibly play in Allentown which is a much easier trip than ND, New England, etc. I haven't been keeping up with the rough bracketology so correct me if I'm wrong.
    I realize you used the word possibly play in Allentown. The dictating factor in possibly is that Penn State is the host school. If they make the tournament by rule they must be seeded there which would push us & Notre Dame out of that bracket.

Comment

All I know is its going to take winning an NCAA championship to even possibly become a blip on the radar of Gene Smith. An extra 50k in his pocket might get his attention on actually giving the hockey programs some attention.
      Both of our Hockey Programs are top ten teams this season and both are going to play in the NCAA Tournament (we already know the girls are in). If that doesn't register on Gene Smith's radar, nothing ever will. I think what ****es me off is the athletic department always finds the money for every other athletic project, then when it comes to hockey, it's "We don't have the money."

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        I realize you used the word possibly play in Allentown. The dictating factor in possibly is that Penn State is the host school. If they make the tournament by rule they must be seeded there which would push us & Notre Dame out of that bracket.
        If either are #1 seeds yes it pushes both Ohio State and ND out of Allentown but if Ohio State falls into the #2 seed going to Allentown is a real possibility. Doing some predicting on CHN it seems that Minnesota State will pass ohio state up and take that #4 seed back as long as they win this weekend no matter what result the buckeyes have.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          If either are #1 seeds yes it pushes both Ohio State and ND out of Allentown but if Ohio State falls into the #2 seed going to Allentown is a real possibility. Doing some predicting on CHN it seems that Minnesota State will pass ohio state up and take that #4 seed back as long as they win this weekend no matter what result the buckeyes have.
          True, but there's another weekend to go if OSU wins. And a win over Notre Dame next weekend should put them back in the #4 spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
            True, but there's another weekend to go if OSU wins. And a win over Notre Dame next weekend should put them back in the #4 spot.
            If minnesota state wins the wcha they most likely be #4 but i will take 5.

Comment

If minnesota state wins the wcha they most likely be #4 but i will take 5.
              Rooting for Bowling Green here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                Rooting for Bowling Green here.
                I live 20 minutes from BG im rooting for them too

Comment

Its not like *ichigan is our hockey rival anyways. Too bad Rohls decided he didn't want to play Miami anymore. (you know...not winning at home against them since at least 2009?)

Is it a must win? No. Would I like to win it? Yes and no. Yes: Go on to a possible #1 seed for NCAA, pleasure of beating them for a 5th time, etc. No: Become a #2 seed and possibly play in Allentown which is a much easier trip than ND, New England, etc. I haven't been keeping up with the rough bracketology so correct me if I'm wrong.

All I know is its going to take winning an NCAA championship to even possibly become a blip on the radar of Gene Smith. An extra 50k in his pocket might get his attention on actually giving the hockey programs some attention.
                  It's really too early to tell. Although the fact that PSU is hosting and will automatically be placed in Allentown really shouldn't matter. However if you win out and get a #1 seed there is no way that Penn State will be a #1 too so you're fine there (providing you leap Notre Dame). But regardless of what you do, if Penn State wins out they'll be a #2 and so will you which means you'll be shipped elsewhere. Therefore you want to win Saturday because you hate us. Now I'm not sure how everything will line up so any switches the committee makes may impact things but for the most part they stay pretty much chalk.

And BTW, #4 & #5 would be put in the same region anyway assuming there aren't any switches.
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Go Bucks!

Comment

You guys suck. Congratulations....
                      Originally posted by alfablue
                      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                        That is basically what I heard ... guys staying in the Schott, and a 1,200-seat arena for the women being attached to the Schott.
                        That's so completely effed. What is the difference in cost between that and a 5K arena for both programs? Ohio State's athletic debt is pretty reasonable right now relative to the AD's revenue and the overall university budget. I believe the Schott and the Ohio Stadium renovation bonds were paid off years ago. Despite what they say, money is not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                          You guys suck. Congratulations....
                          Good luck in the tournament

Comment

Wasnt the best game they played all year but the result is all that matters. Each team had stretches where they were dominate. Going to take a better all around game to win that trophy next Saturday. Anyone else going over to South Bend?

Comment

Anyone else going over to South Bend?
                              Got online soon as I got home from the game and bought like the last two seats together in the arena. Not bad ones either, down in our attack twice end!
                              It su*ked that the seats went on sale as soon as their game ended and we were still up in the air if we were going to win or not! Apparently outside of immediate family for the players no allotment of tickets for our fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                Got online soon as I got home from the game and bought like the last two seats together in the arena. Not bad ones either, down in our attack twice end!
                                It su*ked that the seats went on sale as soon as their game ended and we were still up in the air if we were going to win or not! Apparently outside of immediate family for the players no allotment of tickets for our fans.
                                plenty of bleacher seats still left but i got a regular seat as well in the attack zone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X