Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    The steep seating is what makes the Mac, go to any other arena and it's just too shallow, people in front of you block your view etc. While the Mac may not be as pretty as newer arenas they have definitely improved it massively with the updates, the new seats, the luxury boxes, the scoreboard all make it great.
    Never been to the Mac so I can't compare, but it does seem that steeper seats are making a comeback. UNO's upper bowl is pretty steep, Penn State's student section is very steep (to make the opposing goalie feel they're right on top of him), and Amsoil is fairly steep up top. Maybe the Mac was just ahead of its time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
      The knights play the rangers on Jan 7th in Vegas if any husky fans are still around. My wife and I are traveling down for the tournament and catch the rangers / knights game. Can't wait for a long weekend in Vegas!!!
      And if you’re getting to Vegas early, Knights v Nashville on Jan 2
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

I love the Mac but there are two things, or three, that I think need improvement.
        1. Too few bathrooms. The men's room is cramped. Even Yost has better bathrooms than we have.
        2. The east end of the rink looks bad. I'd like to see some suites and some seating there and fewer standing room tickets available. I like the plans for expansion but I want it to look more finished off and have a few more permanent seats.
        3. The food service is lousy. More outlets and better food choices would make a big difference. They have made some progress though. But the seating views, the atmosphere, the quality of the seats, scoreboard, videos, etc. all great. In fact better than a lot of NHL rinks.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I love the Mac but there are two things, or three, that I think need improvement.
          1. Too few bathrooms. The men's room is cramped. Even Yost has better bathrooms than we have.
          2. The east end of the rink looks bad. I'd like to see some suites and some seating there and fewer standing room tickets available. I like the plans for expansion but I want it to look more finished off and have a few more permanent seats.
          3. The food service is lousy. More outlets and better food choices would make a big difference. They have made some progress though. But the seating views, the atmosphere, the quality of the seats, scoreboard, videos, etc. all great. In fact better than a lot of NHL rinks.
          Pretty sure addressing 1 & 2 are in the plans, by some design, in the next several years. 3, let's face it, it's the Keweenaw. People are either eating at home, or don't have the money for better food. I view that as a minor concern.

Comment

• I know there are plans for the East wall. I thought upgrades are starting this next off season, but I am not absolutely sure.

I know after completion you will be able to walk completely around the whole main level.

I hope there are plans to move concessions stands to the outer walls and expand restrooms to where concessions are now. There is way too much congestion with lines for food and restrooms in the same general area
            MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
            2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Flight and hotel are booked... Time off is granted at work.... Lookout Vegas here I come!!!! Go Huskies!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                Flight and hotel are booked... Time off is granted at work.... Lookout Vegas here I come!!!! Go Huskies!!!
                Who’s bringing the pasties?
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                  I will agree that UAH and the Alaska schools don't have the appeal that the powerhouse teams do.
                  You know, folks down here don't much give a crap about Tech, either, in the way that we all talk about our fans not giving a rip about non-glitz schools, you know? I think that it just takes time to build rivalries. I wrote this three years ago and still stand by it: https://uahhockey.com/blog/2014/12/1...just-changing/

We can't judge the nWCHA on just five seasons.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    You know, folks down here don't much give a crap about Tech, either, in the way that we all talk about our fans not giving a rip about non-glitz schools, you know? I think that it just takes time to build rivalries. I wrote this three years ago and still stand by it: https://uahhockey.com/blog/2014/12/1...just-changing/

We can't judge the nWCHA on just five seasons.

GFM
                    I think you're right, MTU is building rivalries with MSU, BGSU, and FSU. I think UAH is coming along, this year is certainly helping perception...but names help a ton.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      I think you're right, MTU is building rivalries with MSU, BGSU, and FSU. I think UAH is coming along, this year is certainly helping perception...but names help a ton.
                      The names probably aren't coming back, at least not any time soon. This league is going to have to consistently be a two-bid league and at least the PWR par of the ECAC/BI6 for us to get routine support. That, or the NCAA will have to mandate interlocks, which HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        The names probably aren't coming back, at least not any time soon. This league is going to have to consistently be a two-bid league and at least the PWR par of the ECAC/BI6 for us to get routine support. That, or the NCAA will have to mandate interlocks, which HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

GFM
                        We have to win more ooc games. if we played more ecac and HE teams it would be good. Such as Bemidji and Princeton. Sure would have helped if Bemidji had won both of those. And we can't be having 3 team in the bottom ten. Lake State has a chance to help all of us against Robert Morris.

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                          If you dressed UAH up in Michigan or MSU jerseys, you would (a) see a better hockey team and (b) sell out. Very few would know the difference, other than the face of the coach. They’d know it wasn’t Mel, but half wouldn’t know the difference between Danton & Corbs.

Comment

Every time BGSU does a study or survey of students regarding attendance, the number 1 deciding factor is always who the team they're playing is. It's the sad reality that the casual fan is always more interested in the other team than their own.
                            BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                              Every time BGSU does a study or survey of students regarding attendance, the number 1 deciding factor is always who the team they're playing is. It's the sad reality that the casual fan is always more interested in the other team than their own.
                              Before realignment, I was always befuddled by the number of Michigan, Michigan State or Norte Dame shirts I’d see when one of those schools played the “home” team.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                Before realignment, I was always befuddled by the number of Michigan, Michigan State or Norte Dame shirts I’d see when one of those schools played the “home” team.
                                Same for ASU.

Comment

Working...
                                X