Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
    Go huskies!!
    Steman is in the lineup. *******https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...64.jpg********

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Staying up late to watch tonight’s game from Anchorage? We’ll be following along on discord: discord.gg/9mSqC3 come hang out and discuss the game with us at THG
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

well that was foreseeable.I stayed up to watch but i'm not sure it was worth it. We still have at least one player who seems to never share the puck when he needs to. I thought we had a lot of grade A chances but very few times were there scrums. It's hard to beat Mantha without scrums.And we have to cut down on the terrible D zone turnovers.
        Last edited by manurespreader; 11-18-2017, 12:57 AM.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I was at the game tonight and I really enjoyed watching the way Tech played. They are fast, skilled and support the puck well, IMO. They're not finishing the chances they're getting, but after watching them play first hand, I am pretty upbeat that they can turn it around. The PP could definitely use a spark though!

I thought the game misconduct to L'Esperance was pretty weak. For sure a penalty, maybe a 5, but not worth getting shown the door...

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
            I was at the game tonight and I really enjoyed watching the way Tech played. They are fast, skilled and support the puck well, IMO. They're not finishing the chances they're getting, but after watching them play first hand, I am pretty upbeat that they can turn it around. The PP could definitely use a spark though!

I thought the game misconduct to L'Esperance was pretty weak. For sure a penalty, maybe a 5, but not worth getting shown the door...
            Facing a hot Olivier Mantha doesn't help when you've been having trouble putting the puck in the net. Hopefully that changes tonight.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Right now it looks to me like we finish 5th and travel to Ferris for the playoffs. We have just left a lot of points on the table and continue to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post

That game misconduct was clear as day, in fact both of them were.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  That game misconduct was clear as day, in fact both of them were.
                  Completely agree, they were earned.
                  2005-2006: 7-25-6
                  2006-2007: 18-17-5
                  2007-2008: 14-20-5
                  2008-2009: 6-25-7
                  2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

My only complaint about this game was the terrible job the crew did when they cleaned the ice. you can't be leaving 1/2 an inch of water there for the players to skate thru and the refs to clean up. Thats just bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      My only complaint about this game was the terrible job the crew did when they cleaned the ice. you can't be leaving 1/2 an inch of water there for the players to skate thru and the refs to clean up. Thats just bad.
                      It’s not the ice crews fault considering they’re only getting off the ice a minute before the teams come out because the University is stretching the on-ice intermission stuff.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        That isn't the first time the refs have had to do that at the Sully. I don't know if it's the crew, the aging ice plant, UAA intermission activities, or a combination of the three.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          It’s not the ice crews fault considering they’re only getting off the ice a minute before the teams come out because the University is stretching the on-ice intermission stuff.
                          Doesn’t really matter who’s fault it is, it needs to be fixed.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            That isn't the first time the refs have had to do that at the Sully. I don't know if it's the crew, the aging ice plant, UAA intermission activities, or a combination of the three.
                            The ice plant was replaced a few years ago when they completely renovated the arena. So it's not that.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Join THG as we discuss tonight’s game:
                              https://discord.gg/4Kk4kZ

Comment

Is coach Shawhan soft on the goaltenders because he was one? Beydoun looked terrible and the OT goal was a result of Munson trying to poke the puck and putting it right on the guys stick. Yes the guy let him walk out of the corner but come on. Munson swept the puck right to the guy.

Edit: This is in reference to his post game show.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by rustedblades; 11-19-2017, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X