Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

interesting to see Reitmeier that low given how much Coach has talked him up as possibly being a great one. Goes to show those reports should be taken with a little grain of salt and are only as good as the guy doing the scouting.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
      So the older is an avg Tech recruit and the younger might be the best recruit we've had in awhile.. There are a couple of different ways to look those numbers. But hopefully the kid is as good as his scouting report and develops into a top end D1 player.

Article about Poglaze. When he says he'll do anything to help a team win I hope that includes blocking shots. Looks like not a scorer, rather a hard working character guy.

http://www.beloitdailynews.com/regio...lands_polglaze
      Does anyone else think it seems like a quick recruiting process for Polglaze to first see Tech on Oct. 1st then sign a LOI on Oct. 29th?

I hope it works out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        Does anyone else think it seems like a quick recruiting process for Polglaze to first see Tech on Oct. 1st then sign a LOI on Oct. 29th?

I hope it works out.

Most of the focus in on the college team seeing the player...not the other way around...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Most of the focus in on the college team seeing the player...not the other way around...
          Then why did it take forever for my kids to find a college? They aren't even athletes trying to find a team to fit into!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
            That legacy question suddenly comes to mind. Wasn't there a Kukkonen Florist in Houghton at one time? Any relation I wonder. Or do I have the name wrong?
            There the Kukkakauppa in Hancock. That’s Finnish for “flower shop.” And there was Kukkonen’s Studio in Hancock & Kukkonen’s Hallmark in Downtown Houghton & the Copper Country Mall..
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I am thinking splitsville this weekend against Northern. Hoping for a sweep of course, but still too many areas to shore up as far as consistency goes. Go Huskies!

Anybody else have thoughts on this?
              Last edited by Wi.Huskies Fan; 11-08-2017, 03:48 PM. Reason: Added more content to post
              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                There the Kukkakauppa in Hancock. That’s Finnish for “flower shop.” And there was Kukkonen’s Studio in Hancock & Kukkonen’s Hallmark in Downtown Houghton & the Copper Country Mall..
                I was getting Kakkakauppa mixed up with the Kukkonen's Hallmark in Houghton. I remember buying/sending flowers from the Hallmark.

Comment

I just want to say that if you think a scout can’t tell when a player should be sharing the puck and doesn’t you’re crazy
                  Last edited by manurespreader; 11-09-2017, 07:14 AM.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    I just want to say that if you think a scout can’t tell when a player should be sharing the puck and doesn’t you’re crazy
                    where did this come from?
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      where did this come from?
                      It's a bit of a round about story. There was an article in another publication about sharing the puck, and some hints out of houghton about sharing the puck and a separate article about scouting and what scouts look for.. So I made a surmise or two regarding how these articles might be related.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                        Then why did it take forever for my kids to find a college? They aren't even athletes trying to find a team to fit into!

Maybe he got the best scholarship offer from Tech and that made it an easy decision? Maybe the only D1 team to offer? I could see it being hard as an athlete when you've got 5 or 10 schools after you, but if you've only got one or two options to continue playing I think it would be pretty easy.
                        2005-2006: 7-25-6
                        2006-2007: 18-17-5
                        2007-2008: 14-20-5
                        2008-2009: 6-25-7
                        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          It's a bit of a round about story. There was an article in another publication about sharing the puck, and some hints out of houghton about sharing the puck and a separate article about scouting and what scouts look for.. So I made a surmise or two regarding how these articles might be related.
                          Do you have a link to the article about what scouts look for?? I would be interested in reading that.

Comment

Do you have a link to the article about what scouts look for?? I would be interested in reading that.
                            I'll see if I can find it again. I'll be away from home starting tonight for a while but i'll try to get it for you. it was pretty interesting.

Comment

http://www.admkids.com/news_article/...76?referrer_id

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLEbaipMLx8

As a scout, here's what i look for as taught to me by an NHL scout. Based on the 5H's in no particular order. Height (how big), Heels (skating ability), Hands, Head(Hockey IQ/Smarts) and Heart(compete level/how hard does he compete). Most scouts are looking for a variation of these skills/variables.
                              Last edited by eye4talent; 11-09-2017, 04:30 PM.
                              "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                                http://www.admkids.com/news_article/...76?referrer_id

As a scout, here's what i look for as taught to me by an NHL scout. Based on the 5H's in no particular order. Height (how big), Heels (skating ability), Hands, Head(Hockey IQ/Smarts) and Heart(compete level/how hard does he compete). Most scouts are looking for a variation of these skills/variables.
                                That would be an interesting barroom discussion about the order of the 5H's.

Comment

Working...
                                X