Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    L'Esperance was 21-13 on the weekend.

Overall, L'Esperance has been a primary faceoff taker since game 4. Reitmeier seems to be establishing himself as #4 but it's definitely fluctuated so far...Since the end of the icebreaker, those 5 guys have been top 5 in every game. Friday night against BGSU was the only time anyone (Beretta w/5) came close to cracking the top 5 (Lucchini w/6). Lucchini has definitely dropped. He's only had >20% of faceoffs twice over the last 8 games...(>12% twice in last 2 of last 6).
    I noticed that when Lucch is taking the faceoffs he is dropping down on one knee. I never noticed that last year. Change in style? If so it's not working so well. L'Esperance was a center in juniors, so plenty of experience there.

was finally able to listen to the Joe Show today (off bow hunting the past four days). He's a little more of a straight shooter than the previous coach. So always entertaining. At some point the boys need to step up and execute. And if the guys not in the line up aren't really challenging to get in the line up it doesn't give a coach much room to tweak things for motivational purposes..

Hope they find some magic this weekend... Go Huskies!

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

We have two new commitments: the brothers Kukkonen from Maple Grove, Minnesota. Trevor is a sophomore at Maple Grove High and was drafted earlier this year by Des Moines (USHL). Kyle is a 2002 birthday still in bantams. Both are forwards.

https://***********/TrevorKukks/stat...91120734367745

https://***********/kyle_kukkonen/st...90673307062272

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
        We have two new commitments: the brothers Kukkonen from Maple Grove, Minnesota. Trevor is a sophomore at Maple Grove High and was drafted earlier this year by Des Moines (USHL). Kyle is a 2002 birthday still in bantams. Both are forwards.

https://***********/TrevorKukks/stat...91120734367745

https://***********/kyle_kukkonen/st...90673307062272
        Anyone have the stats and scoop on these two. Taking a commitment from a Bantam.. Kid must be eye opener..

Comment

Looks like Kyle is the one who has gotten some press. Did we take the older to get the younger?? Another pair of brothers to go with Pietilas.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
            Looks like Kyle is the one who has gotten some press. Did we take the older to get the younger?? Another pair of brothers to go with Pietilas.
            I'm glad they are here.... and glad we are getting more aggressive on recruiting. I think there was kind of a lull for a little while, but i'm glad we are getting results now.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

For what it's worth, Trevor Kukkonen was 6th in scoring for Maple Grove last year as a sophomore. The five players who outscored him were all seniors, and there were at least 15 seniors on the roster.

Comment

I’m working on an article that should be out soon but the Kukkonens are MTU legacies, Dad went to Tech. There are more connections. I think they’re both good gets are the price they paid to get them. 2 of the guys Shawhan talked a little about on his show.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

For what it's worth, Trevor Kukkonen was 6th in scoring for Maple Grove last year as a sophomore. The five players who outscored him were all seniors, and there were at least 15 seniors on the roster.
                  Seems solid. Hope that scoring touch keeps developing.

Comment

I’m working on an article that should be out soon but the Kukkonens are MTU legacies, Dad went to Tech. There are more connections. I think they’re both good gets are the price they paid to get them. 2 of the guys Shawhan talked a little about on his show.
                    That legacy question suddenly comes to mind. Wasn't there a Kukkonen Florist in Houghton at one time? Any relation I wonder. Or do I have the name wrong?

Comment

Here are Neutral Zone's ratings for our past and current commitments (at least, the ones they published on twitter):

(Ratings go up to 5 stars)

3.5 - Jake Gingell
                      3.5 - Keaton Pehrson
                      3.5 - Jackson Cates
                      3.5 - Evan Orr
                      3.5 - Aleksi Poikola
                      3.0 - Marcus Russell
                      3.75 - Jack Becker
                      3.5 - Justin Misiak
                      3.5 - Tyler Rockwell
                      3.5 - Jake Crespi
                      3.5 - Levi Stauber
                      3.25 - TJ Polglaze
                      3.5 - Trevor Kukkonen
                      4.0 - Kyle Kukkonen

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                        I knew Lesperance's faceoff percentage was good, I had mentioned in an earlier post that maybe he should be considered as a center. I guess I did not realize he has taken that many draws this year. I just know that in their Freshman and Sophmore years they seemed to click together. Seems strange he has taken almost as many draws as the center on his line?? Combined him and Lucchini have 273 draws, that is nearly double the other centers. Is that line seeing that much more ice time than the others? I guess I didn't realize they were on the ice that much more? Do they track time on the ice at the D1 level? It would be interesting to see that stat. Watching it seems like Coach Shawhan pretty much rolls 4 lines like Coach Pearson did.

Somehow they've got to figure out how to get Steman on the score sheet.
                        Ice time is tracked. A coworker in my office did it a few years ago when Mel was coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are Neutral Zone's ratings for our past and current commitments (at least, the ones they published on twitter):

3.5 - Jake Gingell
                          3.5 - Keaton Pehrson
                          3.5 - Jackson Cates
                          3.5 - Evan Orr
                          3.5 - Aleksi Poikola
                          3.0 - Marcus Russell
                          3.75 - Jack Becker
                          3.5 - Justin Misiak
                          3.5 - Tyler Rockwell
                          3.5 - Jake Crespi
                          3.5 - Levi Stauber
                          3.25 - TJ Polglaze
                          3.5 - Trevor Kukkonen
                          4.0 - Kyle Kukkonen
                          So the older is an avg Tech recruit and the younger might be the best recruit we've had in awhile.. There are a couple of different ways to look those numbers. But hopefully the kid is as good as his scouting report and develops into a top end D1 player.

Article about Poglaze. When he says he'll do anything to help a team win I hope that includes blocking shots. Looks like not a scorer, rather a hard working character guy.

http://www.beloitdailynews.com/regio...lands_polglaze

Comment

Originally posted by Tech_EE View Post
                            Ice time is tracked. A coworker in my office did it a few years ago when Mel was coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            TOI is definitely tracked by teams, but not public knowledge like it is in the NHL.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

3.5 - Jake Gingell
                              3.5 - Keaton Pehrson
                              3.5 - Jackson Cates
                              3.5 - Evan Orr
                              3.5 - Aleksi Poikola
                              3.0 - Marcus Russell
                              3.75 - Jack Becker
                              3.5 - Justin Misiak
                              3.5 - Tyler Rockwell
                              3.5 - Jake Crespi
                              3.5 - Levi Stauber
                              3.25 - TJ Polglaze
                              3.5 - Trevor Kukkonen
                              4.0 - Kyle Kukkonen
                              I can add some more that I documented during my free trial:
                              4.5 - Keegan Ford
                              4.0 - Robbie Beydoun
                              4.0 - Mitch Meek
                              3.5 - Cooper Watson
                              3.25 - Seamus Donohue
                              3.0 - Marcus Russell
                              2.75 - Greyson Reitmeier

Comment

I can add some more that I documented during my free trial:
                                4.5 - Keegan Ford
                                4.0 - Robbie Beydoun
                                4.0 - Mitch Meek
                                3.5 - Cooper Watson
                                3.25 - Seamus Donohue
                                3.0 - Marcus Russell
                                2.75 - Greyson Reitmeier
                                One thing that proves is how inaccurate those ratings are. More of a general guide i'd say.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X