Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    "Better neighborhood", lol. The Palace is built next to one of the biggest landfills in the area. It's a literal dump surrounded by corporate office parks, in the middle of some of the worst textbook suburban sprawl America has to offer.
    Beats empty burned out buildings, drunks and addicts sleeping and panhandling on the sidewalks, and parking decks that smell like giant urinals!

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    The Palace property will likely be sold and the Arena demolished once all existing contracts are completed. Palace Sports & Entertainment and Olympia are also being combined.
    Most likely. The property is worth too much no to redevelop.

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    Unless a graduate transfer that was a starter is the choice for the third goalie, it is Kero or Beydoun.
    With 2 hours a week practices, how do you get ready for Wisconsin? Coach will know who gives him a better chance to win. I think the choice for the Wisconsin game is the true #1 to start the season.
    The question all summer has been who and when they would finally add a third goalie to the roster. I'm not speculating that he will be the starter. Only wondering if they got him on campus and are just being lazy about making the announcement. So yes, if it's not a transfer then the starter will be Kero or Beydoun. My money will be on Kero.
    Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 08-24-2017, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

If there is no experienced transfer goalie coming in, then Kero should get the nod by default. He has earned his shot. However hopefully we don't wait six games if Tech isn't winning or someone better shows up in practice to make a change. Imagine what last season might have been if Redmond got the starting job maybe 2 or 3 games sooner and we won some of those NC games... I would be in favor of putting Kero on a shorter leash, but giving him opportunities at other points in the season.

Ryan
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

WWE, you have got to be kidding Olympia Entertainment. This better be a one year blunder.
        I hope this is just a one year thing...would be very annoying if it became an annual thing.
        Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        I can now confirm at 100% that the GLI dates are in fact January 1 & 2. There will be a WWE event on either December 27 or 28, which will preclude any chance of those dates.
        Ooof that sucks! Now how am I supposed to get away from my in-laws?
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

How big a step do you think Gerrie and Beretta will make this year?
          Will Brice become a regular?
          Will either of the freshmen, Russell, Misiak, or Reitmeyer take ice away from Blacklock and Anderson.
          Does Baltus on the third line balance the lines a bit better by moving Gillies up to the second line.

Let's talk a little hockey....

Comment

Looks like he plays for Duluth Marshall HS.

Comment

He put up real strong numbers last season. My question would be, not knowing Minn. High School, is that HS one of the stronger programs in the State, and does it play in a strong conference?

How big a step do you think Gerrie and Beretta will make this year?
              Will Brice become a regular?
              Will either of the freshmen, Russell, Misiak, or Reitmeyer take ice away from Blacklock and Anderson.
              Does Baltus on the third line balance the lines a bit better by moving Gillies up to the second line.

Let's talk a little hockey....
              On paper I really like a 1st line of Baltus, Steman, L'Esperance. But I also like how Gould and L' were clicking at the end of last season. So If I go for a balanced look I'd try something like this with the second and third line largely interchangeable.

Gould, Steman, L'
              Jackson, Lucchini, Gerrie
              Baltus, Smith, Gillies

4th line... Blacklock at center with Beretta, Brice, and Anderson and the freshmen sharing ice time until one or two of them play themselves into the line up full time.

I think Misiak has the best chance of the freshman forwards of cracking the line up. Especially if any of the centers falter or get injured early.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                The Palace property will likely be sold and the Arena demolished once all existing contracts are completed. Palace Sports & Entertainment and Olympia are also being combined.
                The Palace announced they will close following the Bob Seger concert Sept 26. IMO it was the best arena I've ever watched a hockey game in. Saw Gordie skat in a Vipers game there.

http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...ger/569388001/

Comment

Originally posted by model94 View Post
                  The Palace announced they will close following the Bob Seger concert Sept 26. IMO it was the best arena I've ever watched a hockey game in. Saw Gordie skat in a Vipers game there.

http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...ger/569388001/
                  Small world. My parents were at that game too!

Comment

Former Tech short timer Patrick McCadden joins the coaching ranks out East.
                    http://www.uscho.com/2017/08/29/form...h-at-lawrence/

Patrick McCadden
                    Forward
                    Born Feb 20 1989 -- Chesterfield, MO
                    Height 6.00 -- Weight 190 -- Shoots L
                    --- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
                    Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    2007-08 St. Louis Bandits NAHL 43 6 7 13 109
                    2008-09 Green Bay Gamblers USHL 48 4 10 14 72 6 0 1 1 0
                    2009-10 Green Bay Gamblers USHL 60 6 23 29 95 12 2 4 6 4
                    2010-11 Michigan Tech WCHA 38 4 4 8 29
                    2011-12 Michigan Tech WCHA 23 1 2 3 12
                    2012-13 St. Norbert College NCHA 25 3 3 6 14
                    2013-14 St. Norbert College NCHA 32 6 7 13 12
                    2014-15 Columbus Cottonmouths SPHL 55 6 10 16 99 3 0 1 1 0
                    2015-16 Columbus Cottonmouths SPHL 46 7 10 17 86 -- -- -- -- --
                    2015-16 Toledo Walleye ECHL 3 0 0 0 5 -- -- -- -- --
                    2015-16 Fort Wayne Komets ECHL 7 0 0 0 15 -- -- -- -- --
                    2016-17 Atlanta Gladiators ECHL 29 1 3 4 45 -- -- -- -- --
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      Former Tech short timer Patrick McCadden joins the coaching ranks out East.
                      http://www.uscho.com/2017/08/29/form...h-at-lawrence/

Patrick McCadden
                      Forward
                      Born Feb 20 1989 -- Chesterfield, MO
                      Height 6.00 -- Weight 190 -- Shoots L
                      --- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
                      Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
                      2007-08 St. Louis Bandits NAHL 43 6 7 13 109
                      2008-09 Green Bay Gamblers USHL 48 4 10 14 72 6 0 1 1 0
                      2009-10 Green Bay Gamblers USHL 60 6 23 29 95 12 2 4 6 4
                      2010-11 Michigan Tech WCHA 38 4 4 8 29
                      2011-12 Michigan Tech WCHA 23 1 2 3 12
                      2012-13 St. Norbert College NCHA 25 3 3 6 14
                      2013-14 St. Norbert College NCHA 32 6 7 13 12
                      2014-15 Columbus Cottonmouths SPHL 55 6 10 16 99 3 0 1 1 0
                      2015-16 Columbus Cottonmouths SPHL 46 7 10 17 86 -- -- -- -- --
                      2015-16 Toledo Walleye ECHL 3 0 0 0 5 -- -- -- -- --
                      2015-16 Fort Wayne Komets ECHL 7 0 0 0 15 -- -- -- -- --
                      2016-17 Atlanta Gladiators ECHL 29 1 3 4 45 -- -- -- -- --
                      Nice opportunity to get his feet wet in the coaching business. Lawrence coach Mike Szkodzinski will be a good one for him to learn from.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I had to laugh a little when I saw the title of the article: "Former St. Norbert star McCadden selected new assistant coach at Lawrence". If averaging 0.33 PPG in the NCHA makes you a "star" player then I'm sitting on a gold mine! Forget collecting Howe, Gretzky, Crosby jerseys... My collection is already loaded with "stars". I guess I can stop putting money in my 401k and just put these gold bricks out on Ebay!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                          He put up real strong numbers last season. My question would be, not knowing Minn. High School, is that HS one of the stronger programs in the State, and does it play in a strong conference?
                          I don't know about conference. Conferences don't really matter in MN HS, it is more about how you play against your section, since that is how you get seeded, and how you get to the Tourney. I believe that Marshall School is now playing up, so they would be in section 7AA, along with Duluth East, Grand Rapids, CEC, Elk River, etc. That is not a weak section. Performing well against those teams would be a good sign.

edit: Marshall played a tough schedule last year, and didn't win games against the good teams. @Tonka, @Benilde, @Hermantown, @Grand Rapids, @STA, @Hill Murray. That is pretty brutal, but in many of those games, it looks like they were in the games, they just didn't win. And they did beat most of the teams that aren't in that upper echelon.
                          Last edited by bigblue_dl; 08-30-2017, 09:02 AM.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Anyone know if he is related to Robb Stauber ?

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                              Robb's nephew.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Robb's nephew.
                                I was wondering that myself; figured that was the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X