Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Ah well thanks anyway. I got an Uber for 10 bucks so it wasn't too bad.

Now i'm about to say something that some people won't like I guess. I heard that someone asked the coach on the radio show why the Wisco goalie wouldn't turn pro. He said maybe he didn't get offers he liked. I bet he did. But I can guess why he stayed, and it's not a graduate degree.. Money is why.
    Is it possible he got paid somehow. Is it possible some one he knows got paid who, kind of like Cam Newton, has no relationship with him but somehow the money finds it's way over. This kind of thing happens a lot in other college sports and it's common knowledge.I think it's happening here too. There is tremendous pressure to win at wisconsin and they have gotten some unbelievable recruits and things done in a short time. Kind makes you wonder how that happened. Unless it was simple. Money.
    Ockham's razor

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 17-18 Preseason - MacNaughton, Broadmoor... What's this year bringi

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

Now i'm about to say something that some people won't like I guess. I heard that someone asked the coach on the radio show why the Wisco goalie wouldn't turn pro. He said maybe he didn't get offers he liked. I bet he did. But I can guess why he stayed, and it's not a graduate degree.. Money is why.
      Is it possible he got paid somehow. Is it possible some one he knows got paid who, kind of like Cam Newton, has no relationship with him but somehow the money finds it's way over. This kind of thing happens a lot in other college sports and it's common knowledge.I think it's happening here too. There is tremendous pressure to win at wisconsin and they have gotten some unbelievable recruits and things done in a short time. Kind makes you wonder how that happened. Unless it was simple. Money.
      Nice try on stupid rumor. Did you every consider he might just want the education and the free year of graduate school?
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I think MS is onto something. And Wisconsin is just crooked enough to try it.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          I think MS is onto something. And Wisconsin is just crooked enough to try it.
          this from the team that has michael jordan pictures on their football uniforms and Jim Harbaugh as coach. ha ha ha
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            this from the team that has michael jordan pictures on their football uniforms and Jim Harbaugh as coach. ha ha ha
            Tech got The Harbaugh!!!! Sweet!
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

wasn't Wisco involved in some kinda of free shoes from a local store for the hockey team way back?
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Maybe Hayton didn't turn pro because he is still 160lbs? Not too many 160lb goaltenders in the NHL these days. I think this scenario is more likely than luring him with free sneakers.

Personally, I'd rather be playing in the Big 10 than the ECHL.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  wasn't Wisco involved in some kinda of free shoes from a local store for the hockey team way back?
                  Yeah. And they probably have some sporting goods company paying their players under the table. That's just the way it is at the big schools, and it is like that at all of the big schools.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                    Maybe Hayton didn't turn pro because he is still 160lbs? Not too many 160lb goaltenders in the NHL these days.

Personally, I'd rather be playing in the Big 10 than the ECHL.
                    Yeah, the paycheck is bigger in the Big 10.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Yeah, the paycheck is bigger in the Big 10.
                      You sound especially bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                        You sound especially bitter.
                        No, not at all. I'm just not disillusioned enough to think that big time college sports isn't corrupt as all hell.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          No, not at all. I'm just not disillusioned enough to think that big time college sports isn't corrupt as all hell.
                          I don't know about corruption in collegiate hockey, but I do know the reason Hayton chose to exhaust his college hockey eligibility.

Regardless of the perceived salaries you seem to think all of the Tech and UW hockey players earn, listening to the Tech radio call of the game suggested to me that UW won fair and square.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Tech got The Harbaugh!!!! Sweet!
                            I assumed "big blue" meant Michigan fan. That was a not intentional low blow.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

Are you insane?

This isn't addidas or Rick Pitino.

Wanna know why Heyton chose UW? The coaches, duh. Wisconsin has always been a pipeline to the NHL.

Also, Wisconsin is turning things around quickly with recruits because Mark Osiecki is the best college recruiter since Grant Standbrook AND kids want to play for Tony Granato.

Occam's razor indeed.
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

A couple of things....I don't think there necessarily had to be any under-the-table dealings to get Hayton. I think he's already a known quantity, can only benefit from another year to mature, and the likelihood of having another strong season with the Badgers is high. If I were his advisor, I'd tell him to take another year if he can find a really strong program, as he'll turn pro with even higher stock. Although I'm not huge fan of Wisconsin, they're not a bottom feeder in terms of NCAA compliance. If they wanted to go that way, they could easily drop their foreign language requirement, as it excludes a lot of recruits.

I was at the game on Sunday and I liked both teams. I thought Tech was better overall than Wisconsin, but Wisconsin had a few high end scorers that made the difference. Weissbach had unreal speed and a great shot. Hayton was likewise excellent and made a big difference for them. On our side, I thought Munson was very strong. I didn't like the wrap-around goal that got in, but Munson made some other spectacular saves and looked very athletic. I think he's in the caliber of Copley/Phillips.

I liked our defense and I think we'll be strong again in that area. However, the game didn't do much to allay my concerns about offensive firepower. L'Esperance seems to have taken a step up over the summer and looked great, but I didn't see anyone else that stood out. That said, the team looked very solid and I believe we lead the Badgers in time of possession. A little more firepower and we'd have won. Assuming the Badgers will be one of the top teams in the B1G, I think Tech looked like a top WCHA team. I talked to a lot of Badger fans who were very impressed by Tech.

I also saw Tanner Kero in the stands with the Kero clan. Nice to see him supporting Devin and the team.
                                Last edited by UpNorthHockey; 10-03-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X