• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Wow! Now 11th in Pairwise!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Totally random but do you guys ever wear the maize script Michigan jersey?
      I have not seen them wear it in some time- I have it actually from the 1996 NC season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        GREAT win & game. Loved watching it! Congrats on the sweep and it will be interesting to see where you finish in the Pairwise.
        Thanks- it was a nail biter but the guys dug deep and Lavigne is playing out of his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Wow, great sweep. Almost wish I was there.
          Yeah, missed you E.

Comment

Wow! Now 11th in Pairwise!
            Surprised me. Let's see if they stay at 11 playing ASU. Two must win games. Then the likelihood of playing Wisconsin or PSU in the first round.

Comment

My wife has the one I bought her from around late 1990's.

Comment

Nope, that jersey has been eliminated. I wish it would come back. I still have mine which I bought in 2003 and wear it every game that I go to. It would be a sweet surprise if they brought it back in the B1G TEN tourney this year.
                Last edited by UMICH; 02-19-2018, 04:40 AM.
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

B1G certainly tried to lure away ASU from the PAC. They really want badly to extend their sphere of influence coast to coast. Just hope they don't take in a another school like Rutgers to achieve it.

ASU is like Rutgers...
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    Wow, great sweep. Almost wish I was there.
                    It was a good game and a great atmosphere. I think that's the best atmosphere we've had in Yost in a couple of years. Loud, involved, and fun.

What others said. The 3rd jersey is maize with a block M these days.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                      It was a good game and a great atmosphere. I think that's the best atmosphere we've had in Yost in a couple of years. Loud, involved, and fun.
                      Agreed, for a 1-0 game, the crowd was intense, and into it from the start. Also, it was jammed to the gills last night, they even had the SRO tickets sold, i can't recall a game with that many people in the SRO areas.
                      Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Michigan unveiled a throwback script uniform last year that wound up being the regular maize alternate. I believe replicas are still for sale at the M-Den; I could be wrong, but I don't think it has been worn this season.

Given the throwback's popularity I wouldn't be surprised to see a new version of a script jersey again, a move I would favor. Now, if only they could bring back the dazzle fabric...

Great weekend, btw. The team has already done everything I could have hoped for this season; any berth into the tourney and/or progress in same is house money. The future is really, really bright.

/lurk
                        Jesus Saves

Comment

is it me, or has it seemed like the team is now finally getting Mel's system? It seems as if it took a while for them to grasp what he wanted from them as a team. It also helps to have solid goaltending, which has not been the case for a while. Every once in a while Lavigne will throw in a clunker, but man, he has been really good as of late.

This team is not ultra talented, but they work hard, are now much more focused on D, and are relentless on the forecheck.
                          Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post
                            Agreed, for a 1-0 game, the crowd was intense, and into it from the start. Also, it was jammed to the gills last night, they even had the SRO tickets sold, i can't recall a game with that many people in the SRO areas.
                            I can but it was a long time ago...

Comment

Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post
                              is it me, or has it seemed like the team is now finally getting Mel's system? It seems as if it took a while for them to grasp what he wanted from them as a team. It also helps to have solid goaltending, which has not been the case for a while. Every once in a while Lavigne will throw in a clunker, but man, he has been really good as of late.

This team is not ultra talented, but they work hard, are now much more focused on D, and are relentless on the forecheck.
                              Precisely, kinda. That is basically what I said on another board about a month ago. I also hinted at it here:

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              Yea, I didn't see that coming. Is it a case of Michigan finally putting it together of Minnesota royally sucking? I'm actually thinking that it is a bit of both. Minnesota has talent, they have more players who are drafted than we do. They're just not putting it together.

But I had to go to the Minnesota board and ask if they are on suicide watch? These opportunities don't come every day.

Kinda weird but I had the thought the other day that....Nah, I don't wanna jinx it.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                Why can't we score?
                                This was posted by UMICH 10 days ago. What a change of fortune in such a short time.
                                I guess the moral is keep the faith! When you guys do, you're your teams biggest asset.

Comment

Working...
                                X