Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

No pressure at all for Mike! I must say this edition of the ‘Cats has has a different feel to it. Call it energy, chemistry, desire, maybe all three. I’m not sure exactly what it is, but I can say it’s been fun to watch. Now that there is some new interest on this board, let’s hope for more butts in the seats, need to get some of the old “atmosphere” back in the Whit. We all know a reality check is most likely in the cards, but let’s hope the early season success will help with confidence, which has definitely been lacking over the past couple of years. Has anyone heard a timeframe on Grasso?
    GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
      No pressure at all for Mike! I must say this edition of the ‘Cats has has a different feel to it. Call it energy, chemistry, desire, maybe all three. I’m not sure exactly what it is, but I can say it’s been fun to watch. Now that there is some new interest on this board, let’s hope for more butts in the seats, need to get some of the old “atmosphere” back in the Whit. We all know a reality check is most likely in the cards, but let’s hope the early season success will help with confidence, which has definitely been lacking over the past couple of years. Has anyone heard a timeframe on Grasso?
      I think they are being 'cautiously quiet' about Grasso. (Despite the fact everyone knows it's a shoulder thing. What ever happened to "upper body injury") Shoulder stuff is tricky; see Downing, Grayson. Read today in the Onion Leader that Eiserman is dealing with 'knee issues' as per coach U:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...TS22/171029980

Go 'Cats!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
        It is all about the thread title. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          It is all about the thread title. :-)
          Seconded. That means you're on the hook to start the next one, once this one closes out ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            Seconded. That means you're on the hook to start the next one, once this one closes out ...
            I second that. Who ever started this thread should be banned....never again.
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-20-2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              I second that. Who ever started this thread should be banned....never again.
              No way! I think that this thread should run its full course, 1000 posts, nothing less. The title has aiready paid huge dividends to The Quest. ".....and Beyond" says it all, and is pure genious. What is not to like?
              Last edited by Snively65; 10-20-2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chuck Murray;6540472]I can't tell you how many long time UNH fans (some former posters) have told me over the years that they wouldn't come back to following the program until *something* very specific changed. Now that said *change* is imminent, it seems some of those folks are already beginning to wander back to the fold. phb is someone who used to be a pretty frequent poster on here back in the glory days, and for some time after, until moving away. There are dozens of past posters, and hundreds (if not thousands) of fans just like phb out there, and many potential young fans like KP (a year older than my eldest, apparently) that the program has been whiffing on for a long, long time.

So the people out there DO pay attention. All they're asking for is a reason to have hope again.QUOTE]

Yup. My on again-off again following of UNH hockey started in school over 45 years ago. The teams were so-so, but Snively was electric. Once away from UNH, I caught games on PBS and eventually at the Whit after moving back to NH from the DC area. I was hooked again once we moved back around Durham...got season tickets just before the waiting list...and enjoyed some darn good hockey.

We've been out of the area again (sick of the cold) for 8 or 9 years now. Caught a few games on TV when we lived in Florida, but my main exposure was lurking on here. Been some lean years lately and I've noted the disappointment. Hard to understand why the drop, as UNH had a decent track record and a good location (not the middle of nowhere like Maine). I was, like, how could UML be successful and not UNH. Obviously, I've gathered some opinions why on this board.

This year, I "discovered" the games on ESPN 3. Have fun watching; my expectations are modest -- would love to see a real rebuilding over the next few years. Sad to see the Whit so empty. But I'll be cheering them on today from 6,000 miles away.

Comment

[QUOTE=phb;6540792]
                  Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  I can't tell you how many long time UNH fans (some former posters) have told me over the years that they wouldn't come back to following the program until *something* very specific changed. Now that said *change* is imminent, it seems some of those folks are already beginning to wander back to the fold. phb is someone who used to be a pretty frequent poster on here back in the glory days, and for some time after, until moving away. There are dozens of past posters, and hundreds (if not thousands) of fans just like phb out there, and many potential young fans like KP (a year older than my eldest, apparently) that the program has been whiffing on for a long, long time.

So the people out there DO pay attention. All they're asking for is a reason to have hope again.QUOTE]

Yup. My on again-off again following of UNH hockey started in school over 45 years ago. The teams were so-so, but Snively was electric. Once away from UNH, I caught games on PBS and eventually at the Whit after moving back to NH from the DC area. I was hooked again once we moved back around Durham...got season tickets just before the waiting list...and enjoyed some darn good hockey.

We've been out of the area again (sick of the cold) for 8 or 9 years now. Caught a few games on TV when we lived in Florida, but my main exposure was lurking on here. Been some lean years lately and I've noted the disappointment. Hard to understand why the drop, as UNH had a decent track record and a good location (not the middle of nowhere like Maine). I was, like, how could UML be successful and not UNH. Obviously, I've gathered some opinions why on this board.

This year, I "discovered" the games on ESPN 3. Have fun watching; my expectations are modest -- would love to see a real rebuilding over the next few years. Sad to see the Whit so empty. But I'll be cheering them on today from 6,000 miles away.
                  Well, that tops me, as I am only 3000 miles away.

Comment

In Gildon we trust!!! 'Cats 1-0 PP goal

Comment

In Gildon we trust!!! 'Cats 1-0 PP goal
                      That was shweeeeeet
                      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

A little flat in the first. The ESPN3 feed had more jump than the 'cats.

Comment

• Originally posted by phb View Post
                          Agreed a Meh period and more of the same early in the second a couple of stellar DT saves tho!

Comment

• Originally posted by phb View Post
                            Might be your internet. My feed is good. I’m guessing the distance might have something to do with it, I spent three years watching intermittent coverage from a mere 5000 miles away. At $7.95/game, as I recall.

Agreed. Last 5 minutes of first and first 5 of second have been devoid of energy for UNH

Comment

Agreed a Meh period and more of the same early in the second a couple of stellar DT saves tho!
                              HR, are you taking advantage of the lounge upstairs? Open to all STH now. At least until the bandwagon returns.

Comment

Ahhhhh nice BVR

Comment

Working...
                                X