PDA

View Full Version : Maine Black Bears Womens Hockey 2017-18

Ma#1ne Hky
06-04-2017, 09:44 AM
So what is the OUTLOOK for the Maine Women's Team going into the 2017-18 season.

HockeyEast33
06-05-2017, 09:54 PM
So what is the OUTLOOK for the Maine Women's Team going into the 2017-18 season.

They will:

- have a decent group of recruits, but without a marquee player
- underpay their coaches
- underperform and finish near the bottom of the league
- lose in the first round of the playoffs

Nothing has changed since Maria Lewis was there and the above has been the outcome since then. A definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result, so I'm going with the above to prove I'm sane....

shelfit
06-05-2017, 10:04 PM
They will:

- have a decent group of recruits, but without a marquee player
- underpay their coaches
- underperform and finish near the bottom of the league
- lose in the first round of the playoffs

Nothing has changed since Maria Lewis was there and the above has been the outcome since then. A definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result, so I'm going with the above to prove I'm sane....

Lol, well stated. The thing is recruits know it is a poorly funded program compared to most other D1 programs so the better recruits stear clear of Maine. It's that simple.

Ma#1ne Hky
06-09-2017, 03:59 AM
Lol, well stated. The thing is recruits know it is a poorly funded program compared to most other D1 programs so the better recruits stear clear of Maine. It's that simple.That's what amazes me that they could land a player like Teraza Vasanova (sic?)...she is a talent, but I do see a poorly funded Program with a Staff that is hanging on a thread in keeping this Program going...if you can call it going forward. SADLY a Program that will never mean much @ the University.

GTOWN
06-09-2017, 09:58 AM
That's what amazes me that they could land a player like Teraza Vasanova (sic?)...she is a talent, but I do see a poorly funded Program with a Staff that is hanging on a thread in keeping this Program going...if you can call it going forward. SADLY a Program that will never mean much @ the University.

What I don't understand is that they already have 3 official commits for 2020-2021 and apparently 2 more that haven't declared (all from the same Brampton MAA team). These are good players but why make offers that early?

Ma#1ne Hky
06-23-2017, 03:34 PM
Congrats to #21 Teraza Vasinova as the Czech Republics top women hockey player, quite a honor for a very talented young lady @ Maine.

HockeyEast33
06-26-2017, 01:30 PM
Congrats to #21 Teraza Vasinova as the Czech Republics top women hockey player, quite a honor for a very talented young lady @ Maine.

You're quite the Vasinova follower/supporter....