Maine Black Bears Womens Hockey 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine Black Bears Womens Hockey 2017-18

So what is the OUTLOOK for the Maine Women's Team going into the 2017-18 season.

Re: Maine Black Bears Womens Hockey 2017-18

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    So what is the OUTLOOK for the Maine Women's Team going into the 2017-18 season.
    They will:

- have a decent group of recruits, but without a marquee player
    - underpay their coaches
    - underperform and finish near the bottom of the league
    - lose in the first round of the playoffs

Nothing has changed since Maria Lewis was there and the above has been the outcome since then. A definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result, so I'm going with the above to prove I'm sane....

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
      They will:

- have a decent group of recruits, but without a marquee player
      - underpay their coaches
      - underperform and finish near the bottom of the league
      - lose in the first round of the playoffs

Nothing has changed since Maria Lewis was there and the above has been the outcome since then. A definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result, so I'm going with the above to prove I'm sane....
      Lol, well stated. The thing is recruits know it is a poorly funded program compared to most other D1 programs so the better recruits stear clear of Maine. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        Lol, well stated. The thing is recruits know it is a poorly funded program compared to most other D1 programs so the better recruits stear clear of Maine. It's that simple.
        That's what amazes me that they could land a player like Teraza Vasanova (sic?)...she is a talent, but I do see a poorly funded Program with a Staff that is hanging on a thread in keeping this Program going...if you can call it going forward. SADLY a Program that will never mean much @ the University.

Comment

That's what amazes me that they could land a player like Teraza Vasanova (sic?)...she is a talent, but I do see a poorly funded Program with a Staff that is hanging on a thread in keeping this Program going...if you can call it going forward. SADLY a Program that will never mean much @ the University.
          What I don't understand is that they already have 3 official commits for 2020-2021 and apparently 2 more that haven't declared (all from the same Brampton MAA team). These are good players but why make offers that early?

Comment

Congrats to #21 Teraza Vasinova as the Czech Republics top women hockey player, quite a honor for a very talented young lady @ Maine.

Comment

Congrats to #21 Teraza Vasinova as the Czech Republics top women hockey player, quite a honor for a very talented young lady @ Maine.
              You're quite the Vasinova follower/supporter....

Comment

Working...
              X