Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

FINALLY!!! We will have our long-awaited new arena up and running, hopefully in time for the 2nd half of the season. While that topic rightfully dwarfs all other talking points, a few other things to consider:

-Schedule?
    -Baseless speculations on future conference affiliation?
    -Recruiting?
    -Predicitions?
    -Who will be the first opponent in the new digs?

Discuss.
    Bentley University Hockey
    On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Re: Bentley University 2017-18: Can I get an "AMEN!" from the congregation?

Many of us are chomping at the bit in anticipation of playing in the new digs next year, just need a little bit of help from the scheduling gods!

Hurry up Atlantic Hockey, we want a January or February game date. For play-offs would rather have home ice heehee, will live with visiting in 2019 instead haha.

Comment

Amen!

This link was posted on the Bentley arena construction thread, but it should be posted here also.

When the time-lapse video went up on Facebook last week, it generated 250+ views in the first 15 minutes. Soon thereafter, was uploaded as YouTube video on Wednesday afternoon, April 26th.

https://youtu.be/3UUQRh39pwI.

Comment

Unfortunately Bentley isn't very transparent with scheduling and things this early on, but some of us spoke to Soder and he seems to know next years schedule already. He told us "There won't be a set first opponent for the new rink, it will be whoever we're playing the first weekend the rink opens." So hopefully we get lucky and either get a big non-conference opponent or someone like Hurst, HC or RMU who have seemed to be our biggest rivals in the last few years. SHU would also be cool, given the history of the last two seasons. Either way, what a huge moment that will be for this program and I cannot wait to be there for it.

Once finals are over I'll write a longer post about next season including recruits and returning players. Glad to see this thread getting started early!

Comment

It might be too tough of a proposition to setup a known rival for opening day as schedules need to be finalized shortly and construction can at times be advanced / delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. I would think as soon as can be predictably decided the new rink will be pressed into service, who knows maybe in time for December for a present to the Senior class players!

So many of us an envious, a great venue and one where we all wish to be there opening night.

Comment

Bentley returning to Hanover for opportunity to settle score with Big Green on December 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Bentley returning to Hanover for opportunity to settle score with Big Green on December 9th.
              And, the same week, Bentley travels south to play Brown on Wednesday night, December 6th.

Comment

Northeastern's schedule released, in which Huskies visit Watertown (or Waltham?) on January 5th, and Falcons visit Matthews on January 6th.
                Last edited by Snively65; 06-05-2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

No new barn visit for the Tiger's, Falcons going west to Rochester for the only two game series this season.
                  RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Max French named CoSIDA Academic All-American

http://bentleyfalcons.com/sports/mic...20170608lvzs8g

Comment

For the record, Northeastern believes they'll be playing at the JAR in January and is expecting to miss the new arena by a week or two.

Could just be trying to prevent anybody from getting their hopes up, as I'd imagine our fanbase is a solid second place on the list of people who never want to play there again after our fantastic 0-1-1 record in the past two years.
                      Last edited by TheRevengeance; 06-17-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                        For the record, Northeastern believes they'll be playing at the JAR in January and is expecting to miss the new arena by a week or two....
                        I was an English major but I knew enough injuniers to understand that construction schedules are--at best--an educated guess and that project completion could either speed up or slip based on the whims of labor, deliveries, inspections, and the overall permitting process.

My guess would be that, yes, we'll be playing at the JAR unless the construction unions and local inspection/licensing authorities decide to speed things up. Not counting on it, tho.
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Army and 'Hurst schedules just out, so Bentley's schedule continues to fill in by default. Bentley visits Army for two 12+13 January 2018, Army visits Bentley for two on 16+17 February 2018, and 'Hurst visits Bentley for two on 27+28 October 2017.

Comment

Any inside info on incoming frosh?
                            Bentley University Hockey
                            On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                              Any inside info on incoming frosh?
                              See post #4 from acohen527; finals have been over for about two months. :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X