X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Only scoring 2 goals on a weekend isn't going to win many games
    Probably even less when scoring only 1...
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Right now UW sucks more than UM.
      There are times you make me happy! A guy could get whiplash from how quickly you can go from chest thumping to panic.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
        There are times you make me happy! A guy could get whiplash from how quickly you can go from chest thumping to panic.
        The medical term is "Bipolar"

Comment

Wisconsin not a top 4 team? Ridiculous. Of course they are. I'm just not sure they are a top 3 team. Unlike Louis Renault's gambling shock I really would be shocked if this year's final game isn't between two teams from out east. Of course, I thought New England would win Sunday too so...
          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-05-2018, 11:56 PM. Reason: Miss Langer, again
          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
            Wisconsin not a top 4 team? Ridiculous. Of course they are. I'm just not sure they are a top 3 team. Unlike Louis Renault's gambling shock I really would be shocked if this year's final game isn't between two teams from out east. Of course, I thought New England would win Sunday too so...
            The top original top 4 comment was from the beginning of the season when you look at all they lost and did not get player-wise, they were gutted offensively and had no proven goalie. At that point they in some eyes weren't a top 4 team. Right now they struggle with non top 10 teams.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
              It's a long season and ugly little runs like this with a young team can bring about panic. I think UM's season has entirely been like that. Maybe UW is regressing towards the mean. The high average maybe just lasted way longer than anyone who understands their roster has expected. I'm a little concerned glass half full Robert Earle hasn't tried to talk half glass empty Timothy A off the ledge yet. If he agrees with me, well, that is a bad bad sign.

We'll see who sucks more in 2 weeks. I hope UW sucks just a little bit less than UM that weekend.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The top original top 4 comment was from the beginning of the season when you look at all they lost and did not get player-wise, they were gutted offensively and had no proven goalie. At that point they in some eyes weren't a top 4 team. Right now they struggle with non top 10 teams.
                Okay. I was surprised though when UM was picked to win the WCHA this year. I thought at best they were a toss up with UW. UM has struggled with non top 10 teams all year beginning with Merrimack on day one. OTOH any one of the 30 non top 10 teams would be happy to shall we say "suck" as much as either the Gophers or the Badgers.

One thing for sure this year is that the WCHA tournament should be more competitive than it's ever been.

Comment

We'll see who sucks more in 2 weeks. I hope UW sucks just a little bit less than UM that weekend.
                  Gopher fans can only dream that Coach Johnson would ever set such low expectations for his team.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    There was one year between Vetter graduating and Rigsby arriving; 2009-2010 season.

Now, that year, goalie was not the only 'problem'
                    The local paper mentions that one of the goalies from that 2009-2010 team, Becca Ruegsegger, is the goalie coach for the Korean Olympic hockey team.

(She and Alannah McCready split time on the team that year, and both put up pretty decent numbers; both around 2.2 gaa and .910 save pct.)

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                      UM has struggled with non top 10 teams all year beginning with Merrimack on day one.
                      Unfortunately, the Gophers have done pretty well against non top 10 teams compared to how we've done against top 10 teams...wah wah

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                        Unfortunately, the Gophers have done pretty well against non top 10 teams compared to how we've done against top 10 teams...wah wah
                        "Struggled" being the operative word in my prior post. Fortunately, 4 overtime wins against shall we say average at best teams has helped the Gophers in their overall record. The results against the top teams not so good. No wahs. It is what it is.

Comment

MN starting off with a clean slate scares the crap out of me. they only need a 3 game winning streak for a natty

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                            MN starting off with a clean slate scares the crap out of me. they only need a 3 game winning streak for a natty
                            The Gophs could conceivably play 60 minutes of better hockey than they have to date and knock someone out of the tournament. But to beat three top-four teams in a row, when they have yet to defeat a currently-ranked team all season? No, they just aren't consistent enough. No sandbagging -- the Gophers are a "wait 'til next year" type of team.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              The Gophs could conceivably play 60 minutes of better hockey than they have to date and knock someone out of the tournament. But to beat three top-four teams in a row, when they have yet to defeat a currently-ranked team all season? No, they just aren't consistent enough. No sandbagging -- the Gophers are a "wait 'til next year" type of team.
                              The more I watch them play, the more I question the “wait until next year team”. Granted, they will be getting a few ringers back but will it be enough? Other teams are also getting better. Wisconsin will have Clark and Pankowski and likely be #1. OSU will be a year older and have a few interesting recruits coming in that will help on the back end. . UMD will have their goaltender while Bemidji, St-Cloud and Mankato continue to improve. I can see the Gophers being right where they are this year. I do believe that the WCHA will be extremely competitive even moreso than it is right now which is only good for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                                The more I watch them play, the more I question the “wait until next year team”. Granted, they will be getting a few ringers back but will it be enough? Other teams are also getting better. Wisconsin will have Clark and Pankowski and likely be #1. OSU will be a year older and have a few interesting recruits coming in that will help on the back end. . UMD will have their goaltender while Bemidji, St-Cloud and Mankato continue to improve. I can see the Gophers being right where they are this year. I do believe that the WCHA will be extremely competitive even moreso than it is right now which is only good for the game.
                                Having six defensemen will be a nice change.

Comment

Working...
                                X