X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by ARM View Post

Nurse reminds me of Spooner as someone who may have more impact in international competition than some of her contemporaries who received more recognition in college.
    Boy, I hear the name Natalie Spooner, and I shiver a little. She and Hokey Langan single- (double-?) handedly knocked the Badgers out of the WCHA playoffs in 2010. One had a hat-trick on Friday, and the other a hat-trick on Saturday. If you compiled a list of the all-time goals-against leaders for UW hockey (an interesting and masochistic idea), I bet Spooner would be near the top.

"More impact"?! Oooh! (Shivers)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      Boy, I hear the name Natalie Spooner, and I shiver a little. She and Hokey Langan single- (double-?) handedly knocked the Badgers out of the WCHA playoffs in 2010. One had a hat-trick on Friday, and the other a hat-trick on Saturday. If you compiled a list of the all-time goals-against leaders for UW hockey (an interesting and masochistic idea), I bet Spooner would be near the top.

"More impact"?! Oooh! (Shivers)
      Luckily that was before my time as a women's team fan. This winter break is just a killer, a 5 week dead space is too much.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Luckily that was before my time as a women's team fan. This winter break is just a killer, a 5 week dead space is too much.
        I looked it up. In fifteen career games against UW, Spooner had 11 goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          I looked it up. In fifteen career games against UW, Spooner had 11 goals.
          That’s more goals than the Buckeyes have scored against the Badgers in over two years!

Comment

I am so bummed all the UW home games are sold out! I really need a 4th ticket for the game on the 13th. We're doing a women's men's doubleheader that day and I did not buy a 4th women's ticket yet, didn't think I needed to quite so far in advance. What a problem to deal with.

Comment

Just finished watching the US U18 vs Sweden, got to watch Curl, O'Brien and Webster. Curl was a W in the 1st line, O'Brien C on the 2nd with Webster a W on that line. Curl's vision is exceptional. She had some very deft passes and she was always around the net. Webster was very aggressive always heading to the net as well. She got the OT game winner with a shot off the pass from the high slot, she just overpowered the goalie. O'Brien stood out on the backcheck with some great speed. Webster and O'Brien are only So's in HS right now, things are looking rather rosey for UW's future.

Comment

Grace Shirley, Sophie's apparently uncommitted sister, is on the 4th line for Canada in the U18's.

Comment

Webster and O'Brien are only So's in HS right now.
                  Interesting statement taken on it's own...I'm thinking you mean on the US team...You may want to check the roster again with Nicholson (Poor Maggie get's left out again) and Murphy.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    Interesting statement taken on it's own...I'm thinking you mean on the US team...You may want to check the roster again with Nicholson (Poor Maggie get's left out again) and Murphy.
                    What he said was correct. He didn't claim that they were "the only" sophomores, but that they were sophomores as opposed to seniors or juniors.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

What he said was correct. He didn't claim that they were "the only" sophomores, but that they were sophomores as opposed to seniors or juniors.
                      Correct.

Comment

I think I was a little thinnered up or more accurately, Nyquiled up...Definitely saw more than was there.
                        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-07-2018, 12:15 PM.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Curl scored against the commies yesterday and was named US player of the game. They are on tomorrow @ 630 I think, against Canada, the live stream quality is awesome, though the camera work is not awesome.

Comment

O'Brien scored against Canucks yesterday. I have yet to find a normal box score for the game to look at the assists.

Ooohhh we get to see the flying lumberjackettes this weekend. Is Harrington gonna P&M about us pounding the glass again? I'll bring the letter along that says it's ok to do that from Jason King.

Comment

O'Brien scored against Canucks yesterday. I have yet to find a normal box score for the game to look at the assists.

Ooohhh we get to see the flying lumberjackettes this weekend. Is Harrington gonna P&M about us pounding the glass again? I'll bring the letter along that says it's ok to do that from Jason King.
                              I had forgotten he was the coach there. I got to meet their assistant coach, Giesen, a few times when they were coaching together at SCSU, and he was a nice guy.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Curl, O'Brien and Webster did a lot of damage in the U18 semi today against Canada. I think UW's gonna be ok in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X