This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

UW wins 3-1, shots were 51 - 9. Lindenwood had the upper hand the fist 5 minutes or so, Campbell had a make a big save early on. Shots were 2-0 Lindenwood, then it was 18-1 the rest of the way. Their goal was on a 5 on 3; I'm not sure what Shaver's penalty was after the break away. Lindenwood's goalie played awesome, though I think she wants that 3rd one back, a wicked slappah from out kinda far, I think it went blocker high. The only other time I was uncomfortable was when there were 5 Fr on the ice together in the 2nd period, Lindenwood had good pressure then as well. Of the Fr, Pettet, Bowlby and Hanzik stood out, though none were as eye popping was Roque was last year. Norby looked really good, last year she seemed to have almost zero chemistry with her linemates, this game I think was her best as a Badger.

Norby and Roque lead the country in scoring, what an awesome start. I sound like a UW PR person now.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Norby and Roque lead the country in scoring, what an awesome start. I sound like a UW PR person now.
      Seems more like what would come from the lone BC supporter...
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        No kidding! Ha!

UW dominated Lindenwood again today. UW had less shots than yesterday, but looked even better. Norby was awesome again, she looks so comfortable out there. I like when the Fr don't stand out in a negative way, they looked like a well oiled machine. On the negative side of the ledger it's a little disappointing none of the Fr stand out in an eyepopping way either. I think this team will struggle to score at times this year. It may just be the Norby/Roque show. I LOVE the fact I am seeing shots off the pass by this team, that's just not something they have done much of in the past. Time will tell. I don't know how tough of a test Mercyhurst will be.

Comment

Here's another Grant inspired post.....Oh my gawd, Campbell has a better GAA than ARD! Back to back PK's baby!

The more I think of it, the more amazing it is that the Fr just fit right in, granted it's Lindenwood, but still impressive. Their goalie is REALLY good.

Comment

Here's another Grant inspired post.....Oh my gawd, Campbell has a better GAA than ARD! Back to back PK's baby!

The more I think of it, the more amazing it is that the Fr just fit right in, granted it's Lindenwood, but still impressive. Their goalie is REALLY good.
            We kid him a bit about that but at least he has enthusiasm for his squad plus the fact that he seems to be the only one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              That's my role, a 4th line center with a lot of energy and drive, sometimes I do the right thing, sometimes I screw up. That's why I'm on the 4th line, besides not being the most talented F on the team. But I'm on the team and I'm having fun.

I wonder how you say "it's all your fault" in Korean? Answer: "modu ne jalmos-iya". I also wonder in the Korean culture how they take being taunted. There's a lot more honor built into Eastern cultures, it might not be taken the right way, in fun, unless the opponent is North Korea or the rodents, pretty much one in the same (they live in dirt, eat a lot of veggies, are pretty scrawny and have a few showpieces in their capitols.)
              Hate to break it to you but MN is doing much better than the Koch Brothers penal colony you call home
              Last edited by ne7minder; 09-24-2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

No kidding! Ha!

UW dominated Lindenwood again today. UW had less shots than yesterday, but looked even better. Norby was awesome again, she looks so comfortable out there. I like when the Fr don't stand out in a negative way, they looked like a well oiled machine. On the negative side of the ledger it's a little disappointing none of the Fr stand out in an eyepopping way either. I think this team will struggle to score at times this year. It may just be the Norby/Roque show. I LOVE the fact I am seeing shots off the pass by this team, that's just not something they have done much of in the past. Time will tell. I don't know how tough of a test Mercyhurst will be.
                Observations from this past weekend: I thought the Badgers played very well over all. It is clear to me that which ever wings play with Roque as their center will benefit greatly. She creates space in the offensive zone and is a terrific passer. Both Bowlby and Kepler should get grade A chances every game because of this! The 2nd and 3rd lines will need some time to start gelling. The line of Mauermann, Cogan, and Drake showed flashes especially towards the end of the weekend. And my gosh if Shaver could finish a few of her chances over the weekend she and Wellhausen would have each collected a few points as well. Those two have some nice chemistry out there together and with their speed they are always threats to score, even as penalty killers. I like the energy the 4th line brought and getting the freshman some ice time is always a good thing this time of year. Both power-play units moved the puck nicely and were very close to putting a few pucks in the net. Defensively Bowlby and Buchbinder seem to fit right in as a pair and I love how well each of the players weren't afraid to jump in the play offensively when needed. Campbell wasn't tested often but, I like her presence in the net. I'm looking forward to see what another week (albeit short week) of practice does for this team heading into the Mercyhurst weekend. I think that as the season progresses and new line combos/ D-pairings get acclimated with one another there will be some exciting hockey to see! Should be fun!
                Last edited by rangersrule; 09-25-2017, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Nice start, but I'm not a fan of red (dark) uni's at home, like the NHL. I don't mind change, but in hockey I'm a swag traditionalist. Is this a temporary thing or WCHA?

(Get off my lawn)
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                    Defensively Norby and Buchbinder seem to fit right in as a pair and I love how well each of the players weren't afraid to jump in the play offensively when needed.
                    So Norby is taking shifts both at forward and defense?

Comment

I am sure he meant Bowlby with Buchbinder

Comment

My mistake- yes I meant Bowlby. I changed it

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          Nice start, but I'm not a fan of red (dark) uni's at home, like the NHL. I don't mind change, but in hockey I'm a swag traditionalist. Is this a temporary thing or WCHA?

(Get off my lawn)
                          It was ok, but I prefer the whites as home too. What observations do have of the team?

Comment

Heck yeah, she's THAT good, but you knew that.

Comment

Heck yeah, she's THAT good, but you knew that.
                              This is the correct answer...

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

(Get off my lawn)
                                They've done it for non-WCHA games in the past. The men's team has as well, but not every time.

It's best for games against other red teams, because while "Let's go red" packs more of a punch than "let's go Badgers," there's always that layer of weirdness if the other team has more red on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X