Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

I am sure Xlax will find something bad to say about this one....

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
      I am sure Xlax will find something bad to say about this one....
      Yep...that power play against the second worst PK team in the country was atrocious for the second straight game. Don't even bring up the point they scored two PP goals against Brown as one was on a delayed penalty and Brown wasn't playing for some crazy reason and the other was a wrist shot. They really are struggling with possessing the puck during the PP and finding the open man.

Bryson is starting to get the Walman syndrome of not playing defense as the second Merrimack goal was a direct result of him losing a puck along the boards. This is at least his third time he has lost the puck behind the PC net directly leading to a goal.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I'm so sick of Zlax's baloney.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Yep...that power play against the second worst PK team in the country was atrocious for the second straight game. Don't even bring up the point they scored two PP goals against Brown as one was on a delayed penalty and Brown wasn't playing for some crazy reason and the other was a wrist shot. They really are struggling with possessing the puck during the PP and finding the open man.

Bryson is starting to get the Walman syndrome of not playing defense as the second Merrimack goal was a direct result of him losing a puck along the boards. This is at least his third time he has lost the puck behind the PC net directly leading to a goal.
          Dope.
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Well I will agree the PP has been disappointing. Not having a big shot at the top doesn't help. Last night you could see where they are missing Walman with that hard shot.

Anyway, one can always pick apart times in games that were issues but overall they totally outplayed Merrimack most of the game as evidenced by the number of shots MC had...

Onto the Boston weekend. 2 tough road games but I don't think this team will be intimidated by either of the B teams. Both teams should have their number one goalies back from World comp...(shoot high on Woll )

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
              Well I will agree the PP has been disappointing. Not having a big shot at the top doesn't help. Last night you could see where they are missing Walman with that hard shot.

Anyway, one can always pick apart times in games that were issues but overall they totally outplayed Merrimack most of the game as evidenced by the number of shots MC had...

Onto the Boston weekend. 2 tough road games but I don't think this team will be intimidated by either of the B teams. Both teams should have their number one goalies back from World comp...(shoot high on Woll )
              And the third goalie from the USA team just shut out BU while BC only got a tie in Vegas. Nate doesn’t win much in the regular season or hockey east tournament in Boston. Only time I can remember them doing well in Boston is the Frozen Four run!
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                And the third goalie from the USA team just shut out BU while BC only got a tie in Vegas. Nate doesn’t win much in the regular season or hockey east tournament in Boston. Only time I can remember them doing well in Boston is the Frozen Four run!
                Did PC happen to do anything right last night? I missed the game but know an expert like you would be able to answer this.
                Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Pinho named Hockey Easter Player of the week.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Hockey East Association announced on Monday (Jan. 8) that Providence College’s Brian Pinho (North Andover, Mass.) was named Hockey East Player of the Week. It is the first time that Pinho has garnered Hockey East Player of the Week accolades in his career.

The Friar captain led the team to two victories last week on the strength of two goals and three assists. On Wednesday in the 32nd Mayor’s Cup versus Brown, Pinho notched a goal and an assist and registered three points in a 5-2 win over Merrimack on Saturday night. He became the 52nd member of the program to reach 100 career points after his assist on Wednesday night against Brown. In four games since the winter break, the senior has posted three goals and five assists.

Providence returns to action this weekend with a pivotal road trip beginning at Boston College on Friday (Jan. 12) and Boston University on Saturday (Jan. 13).

For more updates on the Providence College men's hockey program, follow the team on Twitter @FriarsHockey.

Comment

Both games will be rough as they both have PC's number historically. I especially don't like playing BC after they lose to MTU and tie NMU. Jerry and company will really want to turn that around against PC.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                      Pinho named Hockey Easter Player of the week.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Hockey East Association announced on Monday (Jan. 8) that Providence College’s Brian Pinho (North Andover, Mass.) was named Hockey East Player of the Week. It is the first time that Pinho has garnered Hockey East Player of the Week accolades in his career.

The Friar captain led the team to two victories last week on the strength of two goals and three assists. On Wednesday in the 32nd Mayor’s Cup versus Brown, Pinho notched a goal and an assist and registered three points in a 5-2 win over Merrimack on Saturday night. He became the 52nd member of the program to reach 100 career points after his assist on Wednesday night against Brown. In four games since the winter break, the senior has posted three goals and five assists.

Providence returns to action this weekend with a pivotal road trip beginning at Boston College on Friday (Jan. 12) and Boston University on Saturday (Jan. 13).

For more updates on the Providence College men's hockey program, follow the team on Twitter @FriarsHockey.
                      **** squirrel he took all the nuts.
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

New bracketology article out: http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-m...cond-half-gets

East – Bridgeport, Conn.

3. Clarkson vs. 13. Northeastern
                        5. Ohio State vs. 11. Providence

Rationale: Clarkson can kind of go to any of the three regionals not in Sioux Falls and have a similar driving distance. Meanwhile, we get the two remaining New England teams within a manageable distance and hope that you hope for traveling fans from two schools as opposed to sending BC here by itself. Again, that’s a change in rationale from my last bracketology, but I think it could go either way. To get this done, we flip Northeastern and Nebraska Omaha, who are tied in the Pairwise anyway, for attendance considerations in the East. Ohio State had to be moved from Allentown, so they end up in a 5-11 matchup instead of a natural 5-12

Comment

What's the view from others on Friar chances in Boston this weekend (sans our local negative nancy, we can easily predict his comments).

Comment

I'd say most likely they split. BU has not been what they should be, and early-season BC is not the same team they are now. A loss and a tie playing Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan, both without Woll I believe, but playing those teams the offense should be a little more productive. Must have missed this one, PC ranks 4th in the nation on the PK? Not too bad.

Comment

The USCHO HE Blog guys are giving the Friars high marks with a road sweep...that would be amazing if it happens...

Comment

The USCHO HE Blog guys are giving the Friars high marks with a road sweep...that would be amazing if it happens...
                                That's great news for BU and BC fans.

I'm half kidding, but those predictions are rough.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X