bu off-season - #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: bu off-season - #1

Wonder if its the time commitment you have to put in for the pros. Steve Spurrier had a fascinating take on that after he flamed out as head coach of the Redskins. What he said was at Florida he could show up at the stadium at 11 AM every day, and still have plenty of time to prepare for the game on Saturday. In the pros all the coaches like Belichick are there at 6 AM breaking down film. Since he could draw a similar salary at that point back in college, it wasn't worth it for him to be a pro coach. Remarkably honest I thought.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

CHN's Early Top 10 for 17-18. BU #4 behind DU, ND and PC.
      http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...Top-10-For.php
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Here's what the pre-season poll looked like last year

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...son_top_10.php

Comment

I'm certain there is a counter to this rant, but it is getting ridiculous that teams are allowed to have an average age of >21+. I'm certain that it would make recruiting complicated, but there needs to be a limit. Having guys start the season at 25? Rediculous.
          "What about my asthma?"
          "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

Neal Boudette, who writes for the "failing" NY Times and has authored several pieces for the blog, has an insightful, in-depth examination of Penguins coach Mike Sullivan in Bostonia. http://www.bu.edu/bostonia/winter-sp...mike-sullivan/
            Last edited by Rogie21; 05-02-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpauldingSmails View Post
              I'm certain there is a counter to this rant, but it is getting ridiculous that teams are allowed to have an average age of >21+. I'm certain that it would make recruiting complicated, but there needs to be a limit. Having guys start the season at 25? Rediculous.
              There was a thread all about this a year-and-a-half ago: New age restrictions for NCAA hockey.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Bad loss today.

Comment

?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    ?
                    World championships, lost to Germany 2-1. The team looked pretty disjointed, which I guess can be expected but they team the US puts out there needs to beat Germany, even if the game is in Germany. I thought the BU guys looked good but too much dead weight on the team, in my opinion.

Comment

Has anyone here heard anything about RPI forward Drew Melanson transferring to BU? He is graduating this month after three seasons at RPI and if he plays as a grad student at BU, he would be eligible to play in the fall. He was supposedly not satisified with his playing time at RPI but that was under our past coach. I would think that he would play even less at BU. He supposedly said at the RPI banquet that he is transferring.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-07-2017, 12:41 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Has anyone here heard anything about RPI forward Drew Melanson transferring to BU? He is graduating this month after three seasons at RPI and if he plays as a grad student at BU, he would be eligible to play in the fall. He was supposedly not satisified with his playing time at RPI but that was under our past coach. I would think that he would play even less at BU. He supposedly said at the RPI banquet that he is transferring.
                        Interesting, Ralph. If true, it would seem the key benefit he would bring is his experience as a D1 player. He led RPI in scoring as freshman, but his numbers dropped the past two seasons. Besides playing time issues, did he not improve since his first year? How much did RPI's struggles contribute? He still was the fifth leading forward in points. Might he be the kind of complementary player who needs to skate with more skilled guys to succeed?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          Interesting, Ralph. If true, it would seem the key benefit he would bring is his experience as a D1 player. He led RPI in scoring as freshman, but his numbers dropped the past two seasons. Besides playing time issues, did he not improve since his first year? How much did RPI's struggles contribute? He still was the fifth leading forward in points. Might he be the kind of complementary player who needs to skate with more skilled guys to succeed?
                          Supposedly he was unhappy with the way Seth Appert used him. What I wonder is why he still is apparently leaving when we have a new coach. The common thought among RPI fans is that players in general did not improve under Coach Appert.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                            Ralph is correct in that forwards tended to not develop under Appert. Re: Melanson, I think he had plenty of chances to prove himself and did not succeed-- if memory serves he was a healthy scratch a few games last season. Having watched him for 3 years, I can tell you he has above average speed and excellent stick skills. That said he struggled burying the open looks he had, and in my opinion showed a basic unwillingness to compete in the dirty areas or engage in anything remotely resembling physical play-- often avoiding it in glaring fashion. It will be interesting to see if he lands on the BU roster.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Ralph is correct in that forwards tended to not develop under Appert. Re: Melanson, I think he had plenty of chances to prove himself and did not succeed-- if memory serves he was a healthy scratch a few games last season. Having watched him for 3 years, I can tell you he has above average speed and excellent stick skills. That said he struggled burying the open looks he had, and in my opinion showed a basic unwillingness to compete in the dirty areas or engage in anything remotely resembling physical play-- often avoiding it in glaring fashion. It will be interesting to see if he lands on the BU roster.
                              This sure sounds a lot like Robbie B. Maybe Melanson is transferring to Arizona State too?
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                This sure sounds a lot like Robbie B. Maybe Melanson is transferring to Arizona State too?
                                They even bare facial resemblance to each other...

*******http://goterriers.com/images/2016/6/...th=300********

*******http://www.rpiathletics.com/images/2...ed2415********

Comment

Working...
                                X