Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: bu off-season - #1

Also OOC schedule:
    home opener vs. Union 9/30, hosting Minnesota State and Denver. Will visit Quinnipiac, Arizona State, and Cornell (MSG) ASU supposedly in January, Mankaro/QU/DU in October. DU is playing at BC the last Saturday in October so they'll likely be at Agganis the Friday before.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Have we even had a home opener that is not an exhibition in September?

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        Have we even had a home opener that is not an exhibition in September?
        No, welcome to season creep. The previous earliest season opener was on 8 October (4 times) and the earliest exhibition game was on 1 October (2 times).

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          Changing the subject a bit, the DFP interview with Quinn reported that Prawdzik will return from the NAHL as planned in the fall. So where does that leave Connor Lacouvee? Does anyone doubt that, barring an injury or when some rest is needed, Oettinger is an everyday goalie. Just looking at the numbers, there is no way the roster for next year is settled.
          Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
          I expect Oettinger, Lacouvee and Prawdzik to all be on the roster next season. Since Prawdzik would be a redshirt Sophomore next year, once Lacouvee graduates he will be #2 on the depth chart & the primary backup in his Junior & Senior years, barring anything unforseen w/ Oettinger.
          Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
          So essentially Prawdzik will never play. Will be 3rd goalie next, then backup to Oettinger as a junior and then backup to Oettinger as a senior or more likely Oettinger leaves as a junior and BU brings in a goalie to be the starter.
          LaCouvee is graduating and will be leaving BU. It is my understanding that he is looking into transferring as a graduate student for his senior year.

Sean
          Last edited by Sean Pickett; 04-15-2017, 02:44 PM.

BU Hockey Games
          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Also OOC schedule:
            home opener vs. Union 9/30, hosting Minnesota State and Denver. Will visit Quinnipiac, Arizona State, and Cornell (MSG) ASU supposedly in January, Mankaro/QU/DU in October. DU is playing at BC the last Saturday in October so they'll likely be at Agganis the Friday before.
            Extra league games are vs UConn, Maine, Merrimack and Providence. Maine and UConn both get BU and BC, but BU and BC don't get each other.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Was any date given for the October games? Looking specifically at the Mankato one.
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                Was any date given for the October games? Looking specifically at the Mankato one.
                We'll likely have DU the last Friday of October, with Union on 9/30, I'd bet we have en exhibition the following weekend on 10/7 or 10/8, then @QU and the two Mankato games over the next two weekends. If I had to guess Mankato would come here Columbus Day weekend.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                  October 13-14.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    October 13-14.
                    Two games versus Mankato, then? I was planning on going to the BC/Wisconsin game on the 13th, would stay over for the Mankato game if it's on the 14th
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                      Two games versus Mankato, then? I was planning on going to the BC/Wisconsin game on the 13th, would stay over for the Mankato game if it's on the 14th
                      Yeah, it's two.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        LaCouvee is graduating and will be leaving BU. It is my understanding that he is looking into transferring as a graduate student for his senior year.

Sean
                        Phew... no more broken skates.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post

Here's another one (since we're talking college). Did you ever have a professor who was brilliant but couldn't teach worth a dam? Because I had plenty of them (especially at BU, being a research school). It was because (and this is the same reason most great players make lousy coaches) they can't comprehend how people don't "get it" as easily as they do. So they quickly lose patience. Their attitude is "Jeez...why don't they GET this? Why can't they do what I tell them to do. It's so EASY!!!!!" Well, it is for THEM but everyone doesn't have that ability.
                          Ted Williams and Wayne Gretzky are oft-cited examples of this, Williams especially. He would regularly get angry with his players because they couldn't just do things that came so easily to him.
                          Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            We'll likely have DU the last Friday of October, with Union on 9/30, I'd bet we have en exhibition the following weekend on 10/7 or 10/8, then @QU and the two Mankato games over the next two weekends. If I had to guess Mankato would come here Columbus Day weekend.
                            So a Canadian exhibition after already playing a real game? That seems unusual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                              I called this months ago and people said I was crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                So a Canadian exhibition after already playing a real game? That seems unusual.
                                Very much so. If you read Leaman's comments it seems they may be ditching the exhibition altogether:
                                Nate Leaman: 'We haven't gotten a lot out of the (exhibition) game, to be honest with you.' A player has been injured in each of last 2 yrs

I like the idea of playing the U18s since it's usually a very competitive and well-played game, but the games against Canadian schools have increasingly become useless goonfetsts. Wouldn't shock me at all if NCAA schools stop playing certain CIS schools.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X