bu off-season - #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    McAvoy definitely doesn't look like a liability yet. I see no JFK in the lineup. Good thing they forced him to leave early!
    I'm sure that the Bruins would have rather had Shane Switzer of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
      My #2 all time favorite college hockey YouTube video. I have this on my quick play favorites list.
      So, of course, that begs the question. What's #1?

Comment

• Re: bu off-season - #1

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
        Well now we can expect him to sign with Minnesota before the weekend! (I know it's too late now, just referencing the quotes from Quinn prior to JFK leaving)
        Different story when Quinn is saying he thinks a player is coming back and when that player says the words from his own mouth.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          I'm sure that the Bruins would have rather had Shane Switzer of course.
          They are kicking themselves as we type.
          Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            So, of course, that begs the question. What's #1?
            Probably the video in OT when Colby Cohen scores the "Hand of God" goal.

Comment

The reality is that Charlie is out there because he is probably the 2nd best defenseman right NOW. And he has the most potential of any of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                The reality is that Charlie is out there because he is probably the 2nd best defenseman right NOW. And he has the most potential of any of them.
                He looks great...puck moving instead of puck lugging...quick reads on the PP and quick shifts...all the things he didn't do at BU...must be finally getting some coaching

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                  He looks great...puck moving instead of puck lugging...quick reads on the PP and quick shifts...all the things he didn't do at BU...must be finally getting some coaching
                  Seriously. I'm watching the game and can't believe it's the same guy. He looks really good and I was a bit of a pessimist tonight before tuning in.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Best McAvoy has looked all year which kind of ticks me off. JFK not dressing with Krecji out shows how dumb that contract was.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                      Best McAvoy has looked all year which kind of ticks me off. JFK not dressing with Krecji out shows how dumb that contract was.
                      This display and his play in the the world juniors would suggest that he wasn't quite giving his all for the Terriers.
                      Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by wysi View Post
                        This display and his play in the the world juniors would suggest that he wasn't quite giving his all for the Terriers.
                        I wouldn't say he wasn't giving it his all...I would say he wasn't being coached or held accountable

Comment

Before we start ripping McAvoy or Quinn about his play at BU which was overall very good IMO, I'd add a couple of points that the NESN guys just made.

1) McAvoy was able to keep his game simple tonight where at BU he had to do too much at times.

2) His high hockey IQ suits him for NHL play and he has a better connection with his linemates which are on his mental level.

Of course, I was tempted to wonder where was this guy at times at BU too. However, I consider his play tonight to be a positive for the BU program. Being able to step right up as a 19 y/o and make an impact in a NHL playoff game debut speaks well for his development at BU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                            Before we start ripping McAvoy or Quinn about his play at BU which was overall very good IMO, I'd add a couple of points that the NESN guys just made.

1) McAvoy was able to keep his game simple tonight where at BU he had to do too much at times.

2) His high hockey IQ suits him for NHL play and he has a better connection with his linemates which are on his mental level.

Of course, I was tempted to wonder where was this guy at times at BU too. However, I consider his play tonight to be a positive for the BU program. Being able to step right up as a 19 y/o and make an impact in a NHL playoff game debut speaks well for his development at BU.
                            +1

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post

1)Had to do to much or tried to do to much?

2)His high hockey IQ was to much for JFK?.Keller?...Please

His ability to step up and make an impact tonight answers two questions..one he is clearly coachable and two he was allowed to do whatever he wanted at BU. At least I hope he was doing what he wanted and wasn't told to play pond hockey...didn't see him once join the rush tonight. Instead played defense and moved pucks quickly and only ended up down low when the cycle dictated. Hardly saw a shift at BU where he didn't rush to the front of the other teams net.
                              Last edited by BUtogether; 04-12-2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wysi View Post
                                Good news. Let's hope all of him shows up this fall.
                                I think Greenway vs JFK is a wash and everyone expected Keller and McAvoy to go so it's not as bad as it was looking. That said there's always time for late breaking defections this summer

Comment

Working...
                                X