Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: bu off-season - #1

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    I just heard on the news that Chara is out for tomorrow's game.

Sean
    Where did you hear this? I can't find anything on a twitter search.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Aww, so cute. Because I know you would rather be IN a national championship final and lose in excruciating fashion than never actually being in one.
      Absolutely true. But I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't mention it
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Maybe he heard carlo not chara

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I can't find anything on Twitter about it. Most recent item is that he was paired with McAvoy at practice.
          Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Yeah, nothing about Chara being out. And I'm hearing a lot of concern with McAvoy being paired with Chara, thinking it will mean he is going to play a ton. I think the better way to think about it is that anytime McAvoy is out there, they will try to get Chara our there with him. That doesn't mean the opposite is also true. I ask think that if we get a lead, Charlie will see less time, whereas if we fall behind, he'll see more ice time (unless he just looks way overmatched). They need to replace Krug's puck carrying ability, and Charlie has the potential to fill that void well.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
              Absolutely true. But I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't mention it
              We've finished second in the country as many times as UMass-Lowell has won a HE regular season championship, tournament championship, and made the Frozen Four, combined. How sad for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Hmmmm.

So, in the unlikely event Quinn leaves for the NHL, who becomes HC?
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Could be, I was only walking trough the room and could have misheard what was said.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    So, in the unlikely event Quinn leaves for the NHL, who becomes HC?
                    Albie would be the strongest candidate IMO. Even though he doesn't have HC experience, his extensive experience in the college ranks plus his recruiting prowess are pluses. I imagine it's a dream job for him and one that, assuming sustained success, he could succeed at for decades given his relative youth.

Comment

Jonathan Sigal‏ @JonathanSigal 2m2 minutes ago
                      More
                      Jordan Greenway, a #mnwild draft pick, will return for @TerrierHockey next year. From my conversation with the forward just now:

https://***********/JonathanSigal/st...66786892460032 <-- full quote from Jordan there.

I had also heard over the weekend that he's apparently on track to graduate next spring after his junior year, absolutely loves being in college, and is apparently extremely close with Quinn so that apparently played a role here.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        More
                        Jordan Greenway, a #mnwild draft pick, will return for @TerrierHockey next year. From my conversation with the forward just now:

https://***********/JonathanSigal/st...66786892460032 <-- full quote from Jordan there.

I had also heard over the weekend that he's apparently on track to graduate next spring after his junior year, absolutely loves being in college, and is apparently extremely close with Quinn so that apparently played a role here.
                        Good news. Let's hope all of him shows up this fall.
                        Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          8 years ago today. #Joy

https://youtu.be/_-mBI7jEfVU
                          My #2 all time favorite college hockey YouTube video. I have this on my quick play favorites list.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            More

Well now we can expect him to sign with Minnesota before the weekend! (I know it's too late now, just referencing the quotes from Quinn prior to JFK leaving)

Comment

McAvoy definitely doesn't look like a liability yet. I see no JFK in the lineup. Good thing they forced him to leave early!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                                McAvoy definitely doesn't look like a liability yet. I see no JFK in the lineup. Good thing they forced him to leave early!
                                Even worse, they are a center down with Krecji injured.
                                Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X