Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

Press Conference Monday in Ann Arbor.

Check out this article from Detroit Free Press:

Michigan Tech's Mel Pearson to be named new Michigan hockey coach

http://on.freep.com/2pbxkZb
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I wouldn't blame you for not reading it. It has improved a bit from a decade ago.

Though I do miss Matt Wellens covering sports.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
        I wouldn't blame you for not reading it. It has improved a bit from a decade ago.

Though I do miss Matt Wellens covering sports.
        Matts one of the best in the game.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Top returning NMU Hockey players that Potulny inherits in 2017-18....
          NMU returns a good nucleus of players next year!!!!!!!!!!!

NMU'S TOP RETURNING SCORERS
          Sr. Robbie Payne (13 goals & 16 assists) - 29 points
          So. Darien Craighead (7 goals & 18 assists) - 25 points
          Sr. Zach Diamantoni (6 goals & 14 assists) - 20 points
          So. Philip Beaulieu (3 goals & 16 assists) - 19 points
          Jr. Troy Loggins (10 goals & 6 assists) - 16 points

NMU'S TOP RETURNING DEFENSEMEN
          Sr. Jordan Klimek (5'11" 175lbs)
          Jr. James Vermeulen (6'2" 190lbs)
          So. Rylan Yeremko (6'3" 205lbs)
          So. Philip Beaulieu (5'10" 195lbs)
          Jr. Connor Frantti (6'6" 205lbs)
          Jr. Ryan Black (5'9" 170lbs)

NMU'S RETURNING GOALIES
          Jr. Atte Tolvanen (6'0" 190lbs)
          Jr. Mathias Israelsson (5'10" 185lbs)
          So. Tyger Howatt (6'3" 200lbs)

Comment

• http://nmuwildcats.com/sports/mice/2017-18/releases/20170425jup7zo

Open Letter to Northern Michigan Hockey Alumni and Friends

Wildcat Hockey Alumni and Friends,

It is a great honor to be named the third head hockey coach in Northern Michigan history.

Wildcat Hockey has a long and rich tradition of great players, great teams and championships, and I am grateful for the opportunity to help current and future student-athletes add to the legacy.

In my short time as head coach, I have been able to speak with some of our alumni, and I could not be more excited with the warm reception I have received. It is important to me that we have strong alumni relationships, and I will work hard to form strong bonds with all of you. I look forward to connecting with you all in the future.

We will have an open-door policy, and you are welcome to come into our office and speak with our staff anytime. Your hard work and dedication have made a lasting impression on both Northern Michigan University and the city of Marquette, and, as the gatekeepers of this program, we will continue those efforts to give you a team that will make you proud to be a Wildcat.

Over the past few days, I have had the chance to meet with each returning student-athlete on an individual basis, and I was impressed with the class and professionalism of our players. The determination and optimism displayed throughout the entirety of the meetings is infectious. We have excellent young men who do things the right way and represent our program well.

You can expect our team to play a fast, up-tempo, aggressive brand of hockey, and we will compete for every inch of ice. To prepare for our style of play, we will practice at an intense pace with attention to detail. Through repetition, student-athletes will gain the confidence needed to generate offense and succeed in competition.

We are looking forward to the upcoming season and cannot wait to get to work!

Go Wildcats!

Head Coach Grant Potulny

P.S. Here is a link for you to update your alumni contact information if you would like to stay up to date on all university and hockey program communications and activities.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
              http://nmuwildcats.com/sports/mice/2017-18/releases/20170425jup7zo

Open Letter to Northern Michigan Hockey Alumni and Friends

Wildcat Hockey Alumni and Friends,

It is a great honor to be named the third head hockey coach in Northern Michigan history.

Wildcat Hockey has a long and rich tradition of great players, great teams and championships, and I am grateful for the opportunity to help current and future student-athletes add to the legacy.

In my short time as head coach, I have been able to speak with some of our alumni, and I could not be more excited with the warm reception I have received. It is important to me that we have strong alumni relationships, and I will work hard to form strong bonds with all of you. I look forward to connecting with you all in the future.

We will have an open-door policy, and you are welcome to come into our office and speak with our staff anytime. Your hard work and dedication have made a lasting impression on both Northern Michigan University and the city of Marquette, and, as the gatekeepers of this program, we will continue those efforts to give you a team that will make you proud to be a Wildcat.

Over the past few days, I have had the chance to meet with each returning student-athlete on an individual basis, and I was impressed with the class and professionalism of our players. The determination and optimism displayed throughout the entirety of the meetings is infectious. We have excellent young men who do things the right way and represent our program well.

You can expect our team to play a fast, up-tempo, aggressive brand of hockey, and we will compete for every inch of ice. To prepare for our style of play, we will practice at an intense pace with attention to detail. Through repetition, student-athletes will gain the confidence needed to generate offense and succeed in competition.

We are looking forward to the upcoming season and cannot wait to get to work!

Go Wildcats!

Head Coach Grant Potulny

P.S. Here is a link for you to update your alumni contact information if you would like to stay up to date on all university and hockey program communications and activities.
              So far I'm seeing and hearing everything I'm hoping for. Everyone is making the right moves. This is really hitting home with me! Let's keep the train rolling down the track!
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Here are the NMU 2017-18 hockey recruits who gave verbal commitments to Walt Kyle (minus the 3 players who de-committed).... I'm pretty sure Rockwood is on board but not sure about the other three players.... Can anyone confirm that they are coming to NMU this season????

Jr. F - Adam Rockwood (5'10" 165lbs) - Wisconsin Badgers (Big 10)
                Fr. F - Dakota Boutin (6'0" 185lbs) - Melfort Mustangs (SJHL)
                Fr. F - Keegan Ward (6'2" 200lbs) - Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL)
                Fr. F - Joseph Nardi (5'11" 175lbs) - Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL)

Comment

New NMU Hockey coach Potulny has plan for his players in 2017-18????

http://www.miningjournal.net/sports/...ady-locked-in/

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                    New NMU Hockey coach Potulny has plan for his players in 2017-18????

http://www.miningjournal.net/sports/...ady-locked-in/
                    Everything he is saying and has done thus far is reason for excitement. I feel very optimistic about this coming season and the future. Keep it up Coach Potulny!

Comment

• Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                      Everything he is saying and has done thus far is reason for excitement. I feel very optimistic about this coming season and the future. Keep it up Coach Potulny!
                      One thing I like is that the University committed additional money to the Head Coach's position. I hope that additional resources will also be committed to assistants and recruiting as well. The team finished strong and the team we saw in the second half, once it had a full roster to work with and young D got some ice time under their feet and much improved goaltending, was the true Wildcat team. Though losing Dom Shine hurts the offense, the addition of Adam Rockwood will soften the blow.

Coach Potulny was a bit of a surprise hire, but so far, I'm impressed and everyone I've talked to around hockey has nothing but good things to say about him!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        One thing I like is that the University committed additional money to the Head Coach's position. I hope that additional resources will also be committed to assistants and recruiting as well. The team finished strong and the team we saw in the second half, once it had a full roster to work with and young D got some ice time under their feet and much improved goaltending, was the true Wildcat team. Though losing Dom Shine hurts the offense, the addition of Adam Rockwood will soften the blow.

Coach Potulny was a bit of a surprise hire, but so far, I'm impressed and everyone I've talked to around hockey has nothing but good things to say about him!
                        Based on what I'm hearing, I would expect that commitment at least for assistant salaries, and most likely by extension the recruiting budget.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Potulny is a winner, get ready for battles across the UP.

Comment

2017-18 NMU Hockey Coaching Staff Positions Yet To Be Filled????

Assistant Head Coach
                            Assistant Coach
                            Strength & Conditioning Coach
                            Director of Hockey Operations
                            Hockey Team Doctor

Does Doc Lehtinen stay on as NMU Hockey Team Doctor????

Comment

• Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                              2017-18 NMU Hockey Coaching Staff Positions Yet To Be Filled????

Assistant Head Coach
                              Assistant Coach
                              Strength & Conditioning Coach
                              Director of Hockey Operations
                              Hockey Team Doctor

Does Doc Lehtinen stay on as NMU Hockey Team Doctor????
                              Strength is a University position and is shared with other sports. They'd have a tough time changing Ops as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Based on what I'm hearing, I would expect that commitment at least for assistant salaries, and most likely by extension the recruiting budget.
                                Maybe the pursuit of excellence is slowly making its way east across the UP!

Comment

Working...
                                X