Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Four: Denver, Notre Dame, Harvard, Minnesota-Duluth

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
    I believe the primary DU allotment (that was completely usurped by donors) is behind the DU bench, they also had some upper deck tickets somewhere, that we season-ticket holders were able to purchase. I'll know more about where our tickets are this afternoon.

r
    Yeah what gives? I'm on the wait list as a season ticket holder since '04. I didn't really expect them to be sold out so quickly because I had NO trouble getting them last year to Tampa. Frustrating... Mind if I ask when you put in your order for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
      Yeah what gives? I'm on the wait list as a season ticket holder since '04. I didn't really expect them to be sold out so quickly because I had NO trouble getting them last year to Tampa. Frustrating... Mind if I ask when you put in your order for them?
      About 9:15 yesterday morning. I have no idea how they're determining priority. Pretty shocked that there is so much interest, should make for a good atmosphere though!

r

Comment

Anybody know which sections the teams have allocated to them for the fans?
        UMD sold out their 600 tickets in 119 & 120 in lower level and 330 & 331 in upper level. Would assume the other allotments are in the same space on the other 3 sides of the arena.

Comment

About 9:15 yesterday morning. I have no idea how they're determining priority. Pretty shocked that there is so much interest, should make for a good atmosphere though!

r
          Just got a call and ordered mine! Think I'll be in 304 or 305. Yeah there wasn't this much interest last year so I'm surprised. I guess Chicago is an easier city to get to from Denver and they have a better chance going in this year.

Originally posted by AHABulldog View Post
          UMD sold out their 600 tickets in 119 & 120 in lower level and 330 & 331 in upper level. Would assume the other allotments are in the same space on the other 3 sides of the arena.
          I'm kind of surprised they only allotted 600 to them. Guess they care more about the money.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised they only allotted 600 to them. Guess they care more about the money.
            600 per school is the typical allotment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
              600 per school is the typical allotment.
              Seems low though, doesn't it?

Comment

Seems low though, doesn't it?
                Yes and no. There's a chance that some schools wouldn't be able to sell the entire 600 allotment so those tickets would be unavailable until a few days before the tournament.

On the flip side, fans can buy from the other 15,000 tickets that goal on sale between October and January. If a school does sell out its allotment, fans can buy elsewhere.

Comment

Only seemed low to me because I wrongly assumed they'd sell a whole section to school and that seemed like it would add up to more than 600 seats.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                    Hey, cut that out! The streets of Chicago will be filled with Crimson. If we use even half our allotment, we will be way more than two dozen strong.
                    You must be color blind because the only way that happens is when someone can't tell the difference between crimson and maroon
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I am not sure if anyone has posted with regards to restaurants and bars near the UC. For all of us first timers to this arena we know they are not within close proximity. However a colleague of mine who lived in Chicago and regularly attended Black Hawk games recommended Randolph St. which is only a 10 to 15 minute walk so thought I would share this link from Trip Advisor https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Illinois.html

Looking forward to experiencing this arena and hopefully the Black Hawks anthem singer will perform for one of the games!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                        I am not sure if anyone has posted with regards to restaurants and bars near the UC. For all of us first timers to this arena we know they are not within close proximity. However a colleague of mine who lived in Chicago and regularly attended Black Hawk games recommended Randolph St. which is only a 10 to 15 minute walk so thought I would share this link from Trip Advisor https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Illinois.html

Looking forward to experiencing this arena and hopefully the Black Hawks anthem singer will perform for one of the games!
                        Nice, thanks. That area is convenient to the Ashland-Lake T stop northeast of the arena, served by the Green and Pink trains.

Now, how bad are the food options within UC? I am assuming if we leave between games we can't get back in. And we have the first game Thursday. Maybe a big lunch at 3:30 and dinner at 10!
                        Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-30-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Nice, thanks. That area is convenient to the Ashland-Lake T stop northeast of the arena, served by the Green and Pink trains.

Now, how bad are the food options within UC? I am assuming if we leave between games we can't get back in. And we have the first game Thursday. Maybe a big lunch at 3:30 and dinner at 10!
                          Well last year in Tampa they MADE you leave between games. Going to be interesting to see what they do this year after what was mainly negative feedback. Also, it's an NHL arena so it can't be terrible.
                          Last edited by Riz; 03-30-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Well last year in Tampa they MADE you leave between games. Going to be interesting to see what they do this year after what was mainly negative feedback. Also, it's an NHL arena so it can't be terrible.
                            This year, we won't be allowed to re-enter, so hopefully there's some good grub in the UC.

r

Comment

Food was good last time I was at a Hawks game (three years ago). Lots of options.

Also it's the L line. Not T.

L for eLevated.

Also: www.transitchicago.com for all the L and Bus info.
                              Metrarail.com for those staying in the suburbs.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

This year, we won't be allowed to re-enter, so hopefully there's some good grub in the UC.

r
                                they ain't gonna stamp hands to go out and smoke?? every place does/did that.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X