TV for Hockey? Just looking for quick response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV for Hockey? Just looking for quick response

Don't know if anyone will answer tonight but......I have a plasma TV I bought because it was reviewed as better than LED for viewing hockey (especially 6-8 yrs ago when I got it). Well it just died, right before NCAA's start. Of course different internet reviews claim different things about different TV's so I am not sure what direction to go. I would really rather not spend more than about $500 (for 55 in) but the guy I talked to at Best Buy is telling me the high refresh rate of a Sony is the only thing that will satisfy me for hockey after having plasma ($800 on sale this week). But I am guessing a lot of you are watching on cheaper, older TV's (like the $400-500 range). Do you really notice an issue watching hockey if you have 120 Hz or adjusted 120Hz (apparently a lot of companies have a lower frequency but claim higher because they digitally alter the image to make it act like it is 120HZ.)? I just wonder if I could get by with choosing one of these with a decent refresh rate, and if it is only the videophiles that really notice? (I also want a TV that can be viewed from an angle, but apparently that has improved too in the last 5 years?) I don't want to regret my purchase the next 8-10 years, but also don't want to spend an extra $300. This is coming as enough of an unexpected hit already.

I realize this is not a hockey thread, and more suited for elsewhere, but I need to make a decision tonight. Thanks if anyone responds.

Re: TV for Hockey? Just looking for quick response

Koho, see the Gopher thread to read my response.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
    X