TovarishchLisa
03-14-2017, 06:16 PM
I mean, someone had to start it

newuvmarena
03-14-2017, 07:42 PM
I love the idea of keeping the GUT! Hope it gets done right

GreenCat
03-14-2017, 07:53 PM
Wow Dean Blais out at UNO with still some hefty contract left. Other programs have a lot less patience than us.

j24vt
03-14-2017, 09:40 PM
Find me some defense

CatClass08
03-15-2017, 10:36 AM
Kinda strange having an offseason thread when there is 25" of snow outside.

Defense is a major concern for next season. Lekkas is a decent goalie but he is nowhere near good enough to carry this team, he needs quality D in front of him. I'm not sure the current group is good enough to break the Top 8.

Good to see Colton make the all rookie team, I really hope he sticks around for another year or two. If he does, I think he'll be first team all league next year.

I do think keeping Gutterson is the right way to go, even if a Downtown BTV arena would've been really cool. Most college hockey teams don't need 5-6K+ arenas. IF they are willing to put up the money to really improve Gutterson I all for it.

TovarishchLisa
03-15-2017, 02:09 PM
Kinda strange having an offseason thread when there is 25" of snow outside.

Defense is a major concern for next season. Lekkas is a decent goalie but he is nowhere near good enough to carry this team, he needs quality D in front of him. I'm not sure the current group is good enough to break the Top 8.

Good to see Colton make the all rookie team, I really hope he sticks around for another year or two. If he does, I think he'll be first team all league next year.

I do think keeping Gutterson is the right way to go, even if a Downtown BTV arena would've been really cool. Most college hockey teams don't need 5-6K+ arenas. IF they are willing to put up the money to really improve Gutterson I all for it.

Well, Evers is ex-NTDP (our last NTDP guy was Paliotta, who was excellent), and Grant was CCHL Defender of the Year. Don't know much about Petrillo, but these guys are pretty good.

Riz
03-15-2017, 02:15 PM
Wow Dean Blais out at UNO with still some hefty contract left. Other programs have a lot less patience than us.

Just for clarification purposes, he steped away on his own. There might have been some push from the program but they don't owe him that money I believe.

Hoser
03-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Find me some defense

Does anyone know if Abramson is eligible to come back and if so, if he is?

TovarishchLisa
03-15-2017, 06:34 PM
Mario Puskarich and Rob Hamilton have joined Manchester (ECHL)

http://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-march-15-2017

They'll re-unite with Alexx Privitera there

Hoser
03-16-2017, 07:55 AM
Mario Puskarich and Rob Hamilton have joined Manchester (ECHL)

http://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-march-15-2017

They'll re-unite with Alexx Privitera there
Private is actually no longer with Manchester. He was called up to the Ontario Reign if the AHL, and has played 13 games for them.

Hoser
03-16-2017, 07:55 AM
Private is actually no longer with Manchester. He was called up to the Ontario Reign if the AHL, and has played 13 games for them.

*Privitera

TovarishchLisa
03-16-2017, 09:23 AM

He's under contract with the Monarchs, I believe he's only with Ontario on loan

TovarishchLisa
03-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Brady Shaw has signed an ATO with San Antonio (AHL)

GreenCat
03-18-2017, 10:39 PM
Funny thing watching Lowell tonight I was thinking they must be stealing talented MA kids from BU/Bc/UNH so i checked their roster. All rental kids from Canada and outside MA, Truly surprised they have sold out so thoroughly but it works. Love to see the grades and graduation rates from these teams. Not to say UVM is much better but just another example of how college sports has gone off the rails on its initial intent.

UML Puck Hawk
03-18-2017, 11:55 PM
Funny thing watching Lowell tonight I was thinking they must be stealing talented MA kids from BU/Bc/UNH so i checked their roster. All rental kids from Canada and outside MA, Truly surprised they have sold out so thoroughly but it works. Love to see the grades and graduation rates from these teams. Not to say UVM is much better but just another example of how college sports has gone off the rails on its initial intent.

Hahahhaha

TovarishchLisa
03-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Started thinking about nonconference opponents last night. I'm not sure about agreements or anything, so this is just brainstorming.

Dartmouth and SLU obviously locks. Probably an NCHC and B1G opponent as well, and another ECAC opponent.

What about the Catamount Cup? Are they bringing that back?

Who do you want to see?

EDIT - Looks like we're travelling to Quinnipiac next year: https://twitter.com/ChipMalafronte/status/843862330987499524

steven22
03-20-2017, 11:59 AM

Educated yourself and look where the UVM players are from also. DOPE!

TovarishchLisa
03-20-2017, 01:12 PM

Yup, only one Vermonter this year (Forgione), and none in the near future since we missed out on Finkelstein and Samuelsen.

Even the women's team only had one Vermonter this year (Madi Litchfield), and she's graduating.

GreenCat
03-21-2017, 09:38 AM

I stated we were no better dip****. 1 Vermonter would be equivelent to probably 8 Mass kids based on population pool btw.

GreenCat
03-21-2017, 09:51 AM
I stated we were no better dip****. 1 Vermonter would be equivelent to probably 8 Mass kids based on population pool btw.

Also Vermont is not a "hockey" state that Mass likes to claim. You would think the State schools whose primary mission is to benefit the state of MA would make an effort. VT, that is a "ski" state, at least has 1/4 of the ski team from VT (7 of 29).

My overall summation was a momentary cynicism of all things college sports and what it has become not so much a dig at Lowell. Lowell just triggered it...:--)