PDA

View Full Version : Chinese (?) spam

Fishman'81
03-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Just my 2 cents, but I browse on Chrome, and employ Adblock Plus, and I never see it.

Birdwatcher
03-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Just my 2 cents, but I browse on Chrome, and employ Adblock Plus, and I never see it.

I use Chrome on both my computer and phone. The administrator probably has it deleted before you get on in the mornings. Yesterday there were 6 pages of threads.

norm1909
03-09-2017, 06:38 PM
I use Chrome on both my computer and phone. The administrator probably has it deleted before you get on in the mornings. Yesterday there were 6 pages of threads.

+1

I have among the most secure commercially available systems (company {De Agostini S.p.A.} supplied) - and I saw them (the threads).

NUProf
03-09-2017, 09:00 PM

Just the time of day. It gets cleaned up pretty fast.

UCBadger
03-09-2017, 10:27 PM

Some have blamed the Chinese, others have blamed North Koreans, but I am pretty sure...........wait for it...........its all RIT's fault.

Birdwatcher
03-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Some have blamed the Chinese, others have blamed North Koreans, but I am pretty sure...........wait for it...........its all RIT's fault.

+1

vcxc3200
03-09-2017, 11:48 PM

Those responsible have been sacked.
Those responsible for doing the sacking, have been sacked.

Russell Jaslow
03-10-2017, 06:59 AM

Ad blocking software can't block a message in a message board, because it never appears like an ad to the software.

It's like if I wrote in this message, BUY A FORD. It's not going to go through messages looking for words or links like that. Otherwise, a whole bunch of text you read normally would "disappear."

PSUChamps2001
03-10-2017, 07:01 AM

After their long run in the post season, I imagine RIT will have a lot more free time now to take care of the problem......

Fishman'81
03-15-2017, 06:13 PM
Ad blocking software can't block a message in a message board, because it never appears like an ad to the software.

It's like if I wrote in this message, BUY A FORD. It's not going to go through messages looking for words or links like that. Otherwise, a whole bunch of text you read normally would "disappear."

Yes. That was a majerly dum comment on my part. Somehow in my addled mind, I thought the spam might have appeared when you clicked on the thread.

I'll be fine; I'm ordering a gross of Aricept from Canada.