Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin hosts Ohio State - Who wants it more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin hosts Ohio State - Who wants it more?

Like the title says, who wants it more? Wisconsin needs to stay ahead of Penn State for the bye in the B1G tournament and Ohio State HAS to sweep to have a remote chance of gaining enough in the Pairwise to get in without winning the tournament.

Re: Wisconsin hosts Ohio State - Who wants it more?

There is one thing I haven't got the time to figure out so maybe someone else knows the answer?
    If Penn State sweeps and Ohio State sweeps so Penn St. and Wisconsin are tied in points who gets the bye in the tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      There is one thing I haven't got the time to figure out so maybe someone else knows the answer?
      If Penn State sweeps and Ohio State sweeps so Penn St. and Wisconsin are tied in points who gets the bye in the tournament?
      Wisconsin is 5 points ahead of PSU. If PSU and OSU swept, PSU would have 1 more point than UW.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
        Wisconsin is 5 points ahead of PSU. If PSU and OSU swept, PSU would have 1 more point than UW.
        My bad, for some reason I thought there was a 6 point difference. See what you have to look forward to when you get old?
        So that being said then Wisconsin does have a need to get the points this weekend.

Comment

Badgers need 2 points to guarantee 2nd. Potential exists for a strange circumstance of a game ending in a tie this weekend, and the Badger's being in a position of having to win the shootout to get second place in the B1G and a bye. That would be a lot riding on a shootout.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Question is how will the teams do? Wisconsin's coaching change has taken hold and they are a much improved team.
            Ohio State is capable on beating any team in the conference IF they start strong and maintain it for all 3 periods.
            When these two teams met last it was a sweep for Wisconsin and though it's common knowledge here most Wisconsin fans may not know nearly our entire team was fighting the flu that weekend.
            Home ice will be Wisconsin's advantage this weekend but will it be enough? Home ice didn't help Minnesota when we were hungry for the win and what a win it was too!

Comment

Bump to move Asian spam off first page.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                Bump
                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Well it's gameday, any more thoughts?

Comment

It would be nice to see TOSU sweep.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                        It would be nice to see TOSU swept.
                        fyp

Comment

Ohio State needs these games worse than Wisconsin, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will come out and play with any sense of urgency, as we have seen out of Ohio State in recent weeks. They really needed to sweep both the Michigans in the past couple weeks at home and could only split. The PairWise can be volatile as we have all seen, but I don't think a split helps Ohio State get over the hump this weekend, so if that is all they can manage, I think they will be in a position where they have to win the BIG Ten Tournament to get into the NCAA Tournament. We'll see what happens, but this team has not figured out that a hockey game is 60 minutes long. They have taken shifts and periods off for a good chunk of the season and now it's probably going to cost them an NCAA Tournament berth.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                            Ohio State needs these games worse than Wisconsin, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will come out and play with any sense of urgency, as we have seen out of Ohio State in recent weeks. They really needed to sweep both the Michigans in the past couple weeks at home and could only split. The PairWise can be volatile as we have all seen, but I don't think a split helps Ohio State get over the hump this weekend, so if that is all they can manage, I think they will be in a position where they have to win the BIG Ten Tournament to get into the NCAA Tournament. We'll see what happens, but this team has not figured out that a hockey game is 60 minutes long. They have taken shifts and periods off for a good chunk of the season and now it's probably going to cost them an NCAA Tournament berth.
                            Both teams have a lot to gain and a lot to lose this weekend. OSU needs a sweep, and then that might not even be enough.

Here is what the projected ranges look like (from the UW thread)
                            Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                            Updated PWR Projections are out.

Looks like the possibilities are:
                            Sweep - Likely 12, Possible Range of 9 - 14
                            Split - Likely 14, Possible Range of 11-17
                            Swept - Likely 18, Possible Range of 15-21

The guys have been playing pretty well, with the exception of getting stomped on the road, by the first batch of 4-year B1G Sr Nittany Lions, on their Sr Night. I think they can get the home sweep.

Looking at Ohio State's numbers

Sweep - Likely 13, Possible Range of 11 - 15
                            Split - Likely 17, Possible Range of 14-20
                            Swept - Likely 20, Possible Range of 17-22

Comment

Strong showing for the Buckeyes tonight. The linesmen wanted to wear out their whistles with all the offside calls.
                              Got pretty chippy at time which always add to the entertainment!

Comment

Working...
                              X