PDA

View Full Version : UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

BlackI
02-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Adam Dawe was hot this weekend scoring 3 goals and an assist in two games. He is now tied for third in USHL for goals scored.

Ben Meyers played well last night and scored a goal and two assists. He has 7 points in the last 4 games.

amkirby10
02-11-2018, 05:19 PM
Adam Dawe was hot this weekend scoring 3 goals and an assist in two games. He is now tied for third in USHL for goals scored.

Ben Meyers played well last night and scored a goal and two assists. He has 7 points in the last 4 games.

Those two, along with the Great Dane, are who Im most excited to see in Orono next year.

BlackI
02-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Those two, along with the Great Dane, are who Im most excited to see in Orono next year.

Me too. But I also think Drobot is going to be a good one. I am hoping Butala and possibly Spicer can bring much solid defensive zone play. It is pretty rare when all of the recruits are from USHL. I think this means it will be one of the strongest classes we've seen.

BlackI
02-11-2018, 09:58 PM
Also 5 recruits with connections to the Hounds (Dawe, Farrell, Gould, Morrissey, Renwick). Four of the five from Atlantic Canada. Also worth noting that Carson Mackinnon, and Ethan Crossman were apart of the Atlantic Canada/Notre Dame Hounds recruit pipeline at one point and chose the Major Junior route. Due to age Dawe, Farrell, and Gould are pretty comfortably going the NCAA route. Breen, Morrissey and Renwick could still be enticed. Breen is the most important one to keep and eye. He is a game changer.

Other Notre Dame Hounds from eastern Canada... Scott Pellerin(536 nhl games) and Teddy Purcell(571 nhl games). Looks like we're two for two if you come from eastern Canada and go through Notre Dame and then UMaine.

Hopefully all five make it to Maine in the end, they could add to the list of former eastern Canadian Black bears...

Scott Pellerin, Shediack, NB
David Ellis, Hunter River, PEI
Dan Fowler, Fredrickton, NB
Steve Widmeyer, Bedford, NS
Marcel Pineau, Charlottetown, PEI
Cory LaRose, Campbellton, NB
Ted Purcell, St. John's, NFLD
Zach Sill, Truro, NS
Andrew Sweetland, Bonavista, NFLD

Bhall44
02-12-2018, 12:47 PM
I was hoping to see Beck. Then I noticed he wasnt on their roster. So I looked on NAHL site at transactions and saw he was released. I wonder what that is all about?

He is on the Syracuse (NCDC) roster inactive list. Wildly inconsistent all year and currently injured is a recipe for not making the cut. Feb 6 was USA hockeys trade/drop deadline.

amkirby10
02-15-2018, 05:16 PM
So I heard over in another thread that Oliver Wahlstrom has decomitted from Harvard. Is it true, and if it is could he be convinced to come to Maine?.

QUAlum2004
02-15-2018, 05:35 PM
So I heard over in another thread that Oliver Wahlstrom has decomitted from Harvard. Is it true, and if it is could he be convinced to come to Maine?.

Its either BU or BC for his services

Drew S.
02-15-2018, 05:42 PM

I hope not. Red has Maine going in the right direction and the last thing they need is a sideshow like this.

Ma#1ne Hky
02-15-2018, 05:44 PM
Its either BU or BC for his servicesWhat's the scoop...I mean is he truly going to school or is he getting bad advice..? Talented player but are we going to deal with Soap Opera's with him...I mean going to Maine...going to Harvard...maybe Harvard if...but looking @ BU/BC....I hope not.

QUAlum2004
02-15-2018, 06:11 PM
What's the scoop...I mean is he truly going to school or is he getting bad advice..? Talented player but are we going to deal with Soap Opera's with him...I mean going to Maine...going to Harvard...maybe Harvard if...but looking @ BU/BC....I hope not.

Fact is he probably can't get through admissions at harvard. Harvard is notorious for committing players that will never make it there just to look good on the recruiting trail.

Ma#1ne Hky
02-15-2018, 06:23 PM
Fact is he probably can't get through admissions at harvard. Harvard is notorious for committing players that will never make it there just to look good on the recruiting trail.OK...but does not make much sense for him to say/think he's on the path to Harvard...I mean it's no advantage for him. JUST a gain for either BU/BC...which they really already don't need. He should of stuck to his 1st choice, but then that's over and done with...kind of hate the way the recruiting trail is going these days. But oh well...THANKS for the info.

NorthMike
02-15-2018, 08:39 PM
The bu/bc thing could be just more of the same, building a name recognition. Maybe could go to mjrs?

boblav1
02-15-2018, 08:46 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Been told my earlier tweet might be a little premature as Wahlstrom is still committed to the application process at Harvard despite numerous reports to the contrary.</p>&mdash; Jeff Cox (@JeffCoxSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffCoxSports/status/964240270652006400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NorthMike
02-16-2018, 09:55 AM
Thats funny, it stirred up a conversation didnt it.

BoSox3066
02-16-2018, 10:02 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Been told my earlier tweet might be a little premature as Wahlstrom is still committed to the application process at Harvard despite numerous reports to the contrary.</p>&mdash; Jeff Cox (@JeffCoxSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffCoxSports/status/964240270652006400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In other words i posted fake news

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
02-16-2018, 10:35 AM
In other words i posted fake news

In other words the kid wanted to be first to announce it...

BlackI
02-21-2018, 05:32 PM
Levi Kleibor is one of three nominees up for defensemen of the year in SJHL...
http://www.sjhl.ca/news_article/show/889268?referrer_id=618093

BlackI
02-21-2018, 05:45 PM
Max Sasson with play in NAHL top prospects tournament Feb 27th and 28th...

The Brookings Blizzard are proud announce that Doug Larson, Brenden Aird, Josh Boyer, Max Sasson will represent the Blizzard at the 2018 NAHL Top Prospects Tournament, which will be held from February 27-28, 2018 at the USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, Michigan.

Larson, and Aird will be playing for the Central Division team. Josh Boyer, and Max Sasson will be playing for the NAHL Selects (Red)

Doug Larson is second on the team in points (28), and goals (13). Larson, a native of Crookston, MN has played in 98 games for the Blizzard spanning the last three years, and leads all current Blizzard players in franchise points with 54.

Brendan Aird, an Orland Park IL native has played in 70 games for the Blizzard including all 43 this year. Aird has a career high 19 points this year to lead all Blizzard defenseman.

Josh Boyer, born in Alaska, grew up playing hockey in the St. Louis area. Boyer is in his rookie year with the Blizzard and has racked up 40 points in 41 games to lead the team. Boyer is currently ranked 2nd in the NAHL Rookie scoring race.

Max Sasson is in his rookie year as well with the Blizzard having already committed to play Division I hockey at the University of Maine. Sasson, a Birmingham, MI native has picked up 16 points this year playing in 42 of 43 games for the Blizzard.

The NAHL Top Prospects Tournament is one of the most highly-scouted events in junior hockey. Last season, over 230 scouts attended the event, which featured almost every NHL team and NCAA Division I school. It continues to be an important part of the NAHL event model, which includes the NAHL Showcase in September and the NAHL Robertson Cup National Championship in May.

2018 NAHL Top Prospects Tournament Schedule (subject to change, all times eastern)

Tuesday, February 27th

1:00pm: Midwest Division vs. NAHL Selects Red

4:00pm: South Division vs. East Division

7:00pm: Central Division vs. NAHL Selects White

Wednesday, February 28th

11:00am: NAHL Selects Red vs. South Division

2:00pm: Central Division vs. Midwest Division

5:00pm: NAHL Selects White vs. East Division

dogtagger
02-22-2018, 11:12 PM
So, does anyone have any idea whats going on with JSS? Seems like he dropped off the face of the earth. Hope he still plans on coming to Maine next year...

BlackI
02-23-2018, 12:28 AM
So, does anyone have any idea whats going on with JSS? Seems like he dropped off the face of the earth. Hope he still plans on coming to Maine next year...

Looks like hand injury. Not any insider info from me. But from me, I have had injury before and take 8 weeks. Assuming it is broken bone. If ligament damage, we don't know. But broken bones 8 weeks I think.