PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

turk181
03-21-2017, 07:32 PM
Would Barr even want the RPI job? Eventually though he has to take a HC job. If he waits too long he’ll no longer be that “young rising star” of the coaching ranks.

jericho
03-21-2017, 07:37 PM
I would think he'd be extremely interested in it. There are alot of other factors that he would have to consider though. RPI can't wait too long though, there are some big name programs out west that have openings. They need to pull the trigger.

johnk
03-21-2017, 10:07 PM
I have not seen his name mentioned and apologize if someone has but do not rule out Andrew Will.

turk181
03-21-2017, 10:19 PM
I have not seen his name mentioned and apologize if someone has but do not rule out Andrew Will.From Salisbury Prep. Does have 1 yr. as an AC with the “Tute. Has done a terrific job at the Prep level. http://www.eliteprospects.com/staff.php?staff=12629 .......just to add, when I say terrific job I’m not just referring to W/L (which is excellent) but also in his recruiting to Salisbury. A boat load of his players have gone on to D1.

Ralph Baer
03-22-2017, 12:51 AM
Today is 22 March 2017. There are 193 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.

Section5forLife
03-22-2017, 09:36 AM
Pizza with the players tonight? Wonder how the turnout will be.

RPI fan 4 life
03-22-2017, 12:47 PM
Pizza with the players tonight? Wonder how the turnout will be.

I will be there. Will let you know. Hopefully Dr Lee will let us know on any updates regarding our new coach. Will post any updates tonight.

engineerhockeyfan
03-22-2017, 12:52 PM
I know that the conversation has been all about HC and or college experience, but Brad Tapper has been an AC at the professional level and fared very well as an RPI player.
I don't know if he would be interested, or even considered.
I just thought that I would throw his name out there.

Ralph Baer
03-22-2017, 01:01 PM
I know that the conversation has been all about HC and or college experience, but Brad Tapper has been an AC at the professional level and fared very well as an RPI player.
I don't know if he would be interested, or even considered.
I just thought that I would throw his name out there.

Brad Tapper left RPI after his junior year. Did he ever return to complete his degree or complete it somewhere else? I am pretty sure that a requirement is a college degree.

Ralph Baer
03-22-2017, 02:02 PM
football schedule for the fall
http://rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=597&path=football

DrDemento
03-22-2017, 02:23 PM
Brad Tapper left RPI after his junior year. Did he ever return to complete his degree or complete it somewhere else? I am pretty sure that a requirement is a college degree.
Did not return to complete his degree but is not many credits from completion. At this time i would doubt much interest as he is being considered for other positions at a much higher level. No question he would help offensively and is great with younger players but probably would not have any of the recruiting connections necessary.

Waite21
03-22-2017, 02:24 PM
It appears that, although RPI will still play WPI, that will not be a Liberty League game. Springfield and Kings Point are gone from the schedule altogether. While there has been talk about Ithaca and Alfred joining the Liberty League and both of those are on RPI's schedule for this season, those are not indicated as Liberty League games, either.

So, if I'm understanding correctly, that means the Liberty League will have only five members for football this year.

DrDemento
03-22-2017, 02:26 PM
football schedule for the fall
http://rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=597&path=football
That schedule looks rather odd. How many Liberty league games do we play?

Ralph Baer
03-22-2017, 02:30 PM
Did not return to complete his degree but is not many credits from completion. At this time i would doubt much interest as he is being considered for other positions at a much higher level. No question he would help offensively and is great with younger players but probably would not have any of the recruiting connections necessary.

Thanks. I figured that you would know. :)

Waite21
03-22-2017, 03:10 PM
That schedule looks rather odd. How many Liberty league games do we play?

The d3football website indicates that Ithaca is now a member of the Liberty League, so apparently that will be a league game, even though the RPIathletics website does not indicate so. If that's correct, then RPI will play five league games.

d3football shows that WPI, Springfield, and Kings Point have all joined the NEWMAC, while Alfred will remain a member of the Empire Eight, at least for this year.

Ralph Baer
03-22-2017, 03:59 PM
The d3football website indicates that Ithaca is now a member of the Liberty League, so apparently that will be a league game, even though the RPIathletics website does not indicate so. If that's correct, then RPI will play five league games.

d3football shows that WPI, Springfield, and Kings Point have all joined the NEWMAC, while Alfred will remain a member of the Empire Eight, at least for this year.

Ithaca thinks they are in the Liberty League too. http://athletics.ithaca.edu/schedule.aspx?path=football
FWIW, a daughter of one of my cousins is currently a sophomore there.

son-of-alumn
03-22-2017, 04:55 PM
From Salisbury Prep. Does have 1 yr. as an AC with the ďTute. Has done a terrific job at the Prep level. http://www.eliteprospects.com/staff.php?staff=12629 .......just to add, when I say terrific job Iím not just referring to W/L (which is excellent) but also in his recruiting to Salisbury. A boat load of his players have gone on to D1.

interesting thought - a lot of NHL guys send their kids to Salisbury. basically the same formula as BU or BC - kids only stay at Salisbury for a year or two then head off to NTDP or USHL. definitely wins.

RPI fan 4 life
03-22-2017, 05:41 PM
I will be there. Will let you know. Hopefully Dr Lee will let us know on any updates regarding our new coach. Will post any updates tonight.

Back from the pizza party. Not a lot to report. Dr Lee talked about the coaching position. He wouldn't mention names, but said there has been a lot of interest from outside. There are several people involved in the hiring process, including the AC's, SAJ and the AD, several former players and some alumnus. He did say there will be an announcement in a couple of weeks.
Most of the rest of the conversation was about the renovation of HFH. Once again, he wouldn't go into details but there will be a significant amount of $$ involved. They will be going into further detail around October.

jstadts
03-22-2017, 05:44 PM
Back from the pizza party. Not a lot to report. Dr Lee talked about the coaching position. He wouldn't mention names, but said there has been a lot of interest from outside. There are several people involved in the hiring process, including the AC's, SAJ and the AD, several former players and some alumnus. He did say there will be an announcement in a couple of weeks.
Most of the rest of the conversation was about the renovation of HFH. Once again, he wouldn't go into details but there will be a significant amount of $$ involved. They will be going into further detail around October.

how would you gauge the mood of the players regarding the whole situation?

RPI fan 4 life
03-22-2017, 06:20 PM
how would you gauge the mood of the players regarding the whole situation?

I really didn't chat with any of the players except for Prapavessis, who BTW said that he will be returning next season. But the impressions that I noticed was more of acceptance on what happened then anything else.