HE Playoff Time: #9 UConn @ #8 NU...Husky on Husky Crime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HE Playoff Time: #9 UConn @ #8 NU...Husky on Husky Crime

Let the best time of the year begin! NU was clearly the better team when the two teams played 2 weeks ago but UConn came back with an impressive home and home sweep of UNH last weekend. Ruck had his best weekend of the year against UConn and then reverted back to his old ways against Maine. He obviously needs to be better if NU is going to go on any kind of run. Should be a fun weekend, my gut says NU in 3.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Re: HE Playoff Time: #9 UConn @ #8 NU...Husky on Husky Crime

Unfortunately we likely won't get many UConn fans here to talk trash or whatever. IIRC they all went over to a UConn-themed forum, similar to the Scout forums some schools have. I remember seeing that in their season thread.

NU sweeps. Hopefully Mad Dog shows why he has that nickname and rides them in practice for the ****-storm of a game that Saturday was. Team defense and goaltending need to be laser sharp. ZAR needs to get the puck more than he did Saturday. The only way NU loses this series is if they shoot themselves in the foot
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
      Unfortunately we likely won't get many UConn fans here to talk trash or whatever. IIRC they all went over to a UConn-themed forum, similar to the Scout forums some schools have. I remember seeing that in their season thread.

NU sweeps. Hopefully Mad Dog shows why he has that nickname and rides them in practice for the ****-storm of a game that Saturday was. Team defense and goaltending need to be laser sharp. ZAR needs to get the puck more than he did Saturday. The only way NU loses this series is if they shoot themselves in the foot
      to be honest there were never that many over here to begin with...

needless to say, I don't want any part of the winner of this series so I'm pulling for a 10-12 upset
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Game day!

I may drop by Matthews for one of the games this weekend - always a fun time.

Comment

As of Tuesday Cav still had not declared who was in net for UConn. Huska is a better goaltender by both stats and the vaunted eye test. Nichols has been roasted by NU every time they've played. So I'm hoping he gets the start
          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
            Game day!

I may drop by Matthews for one of the games this weekend - always a fun time.
            If you go I expect you to be loud and cheerful for the proper Huskies
            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              to be honest there were never that many over here to begin with...
              And the ones that do exist are a special kind of stupid*.

*edit - excluding RSTuts... he seems like he is a good guy.
              Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-03-2017, 12:18 PM.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                ...Ruck had his best weekend of the year against UConn and then reverted back to his old ways against Maine. He obviously needs to be better if NU is going to go on any kind of run....
                One thing we've learned from the combined 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons: It all depends on goaltending. If RR can play just an average D1-caliber game, the real Huskies should have little trouble with the fake huskies. On the flip side, the strength of the fake huskies is goaltenders. Two of them, although NU has pretty much lit up Nichols. That's why I'd expect to see Huska tonight.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                  If you go I expect you to be loud and cheerful for the proper Huskies
                  Just this round

Still bitter about getting shut out at Agganis

Comment

Let's go NU, give us the privledge of watching ZAR at least one more weekend!

Comment

I was hoping for more fireworks but I'll take what we got despite the drama of the last 81 seconds. But before we pillory RR, let's remember that UConn was skating 6 on 4 when the first goal was scored. Second (non-) goal was off a Wookie fire drill in front. If a couple of NU clearing shots were able to find the open UConn net, the final would have been 3-0 or 4-1. Closer than I'd like but I've seen much worse.

I thought the defense pretty much took care of business. UConn had a few offensive spurts but nothing sustained. NU was able to sustain O-zone play but couldn't finish anything off, other than Collier's goal. Hope they put it away early tomorrow.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I agree with Split-N, I thought this was one of the better defensive games NU has played this year. It was a pretty stress-free game to watch as a fan, UConn never really felt dangerous with the puck, save for Tage Thompson (that kid is a beast)

Comment

Agreed regarding the D. Been thinking that it's been better for weeks now. Ruck was OK, solid even. How many tenders would have been able to handle that sizzler that Thompson rang off the post? Not many. The 'goal' that made it 3-2, Thompson was clearly offside, so it never really happened, right? Don't forget that with a little luck NU could have had a few quick goals tonight. Two posts and a couple of close calls went UConn's way.

Comment

considering the only goal he gave up last night was on a 6x4.. that i'll take. he (Ruck), was good and will need to be better than good tonight as opponent will be playing for their season. Ruck & team should go in with the same mentality.
                            Go NU
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I thought uconn was a real pesky team and gave the NU offense trouble getting going all night. They have some real talented players and Huska is a good goalie. I think
                              We sweep but not an easy series by any means.
                              These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X