Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Big Ten teams will make the field of 16?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Big Ten teams will make the field of 16?

I think three is obviously the most likely answer but two or four is also a possibility depending on how things go the rest of the way. Minnesota is in, Penn State likely will only need one more win in their final four games to be assured of an at-large bid, Ohio State and Wisconsin both need to win three of their last four. So basically if the Buckeyes and Badgers both sweep next weekend and split their head-to-head series the following weekend we could possibly see two-thirds of the conference qualify for the NCAA tournament. Many people detest the Big Ten, but for those of us who are fans of the teams that make up the conference I think this would be a very good thing after how poorly they were represented a year ago.
    National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
    National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Re: How many Big Ten teams will make the field of 16?

BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Comment

Bump.

Comment

How many will it take to get to the center of a Frozen Four?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            How many will it take to get to the center of a Frozen Four?
            Minnesota has a tough bracket, though most of us in the west probably don't see it that way; but I think they get to the FF, Slap.

Comment

B1G gets zero into the Frozen Four.

Comment

Working...
              X