Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State vs Michigan - That Team up North comes south!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Michigan - That Team up North comes south!

Got a great rivalry matchup next weekend. Ohio State allowed Sparty too much control in this past weekend's games. Even though OSU sweep it could have very easily gone badly for the Buckeyes as there were some aspects of their game that will be paid for in practice this week.
    What kind of game will each team bring to the table next weekend? OSU MUST keep out of the penalty box I'd say first & foremost!

Re: Ohio State vs Michigan - That Team up North comes south!

66 goals in the last 6 games between these two teams. Looking forward to this series. Michigan competed against the badgers but got swept while Ohio state completed a sweep at Michigan state. Very important the buckeyes take advantage of home ice and get 6 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Got a great rivalry matchup next weekend. Ohio State allowed Sparty too much control in this past weekend's games. Even though OSU sweep it could have very easily gone badly for the Buckeyes as there were some aspects of their game that will be paid for in practice this week.
      What kind of game will each team bring to the table next weekend? OSU MUST keep out of the penalty box I'd say first & foremost!
      Ohio State needs to bring their 'A' game every weekend from here on out. They cannot afford anything less, especially in the next couple weekends vs the two worst teams in the BIG Ten. We need sweeps in the next couple weekends. Anything less will result in a drop in the PairWise. The PairWise is unforgiving if you are 13th and lose to teams ranked 42nd and 50th. Sweep the next couple weekends and go up to Wisconsin with some momentum, then get some payback for their sweep against us a few weekends back. Bottom line, we are simply not in a position to leave points on the table right now. This team has the talent to accomplish their goals this season. They just need to continue scoring the way they have been for most of this season, and as you mentioned, definitely need to stay out of the penalty box. This team has shown they are tough to beat when they are playing 5-on-5 hockey. They get themselves in trouble when they are on the penalty kill for a good chunk of these games. They also need to continue to get good goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
        66 goals in the last 6 games between these two teams. Looking forward to this series. Michigan competed against the badgers but got swept while Ohio state completed a sweep at Michigan state. Very important the buckeyes take advantage of home ice and get 6 points.
        Need 12 points in the next couple weekends. Anything less will drop us in the PairWise.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
          Need 12 points in the next couple weekends. Anything less will drop us in the PairWise.
          Lets get this weekend done before worrying about the Spartans again.

Comment

LOL...you won't have a problem, we suck this year. Take as many cheap-shots as you like, our PP stinks.
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              LOL...you won't have a problem, we suck this year. Take as many cheap-shots as you like, our PP stinks.
              You guys can score against us on the PP and that's my worry. Things were pretty chippy when we played in Ann Arbor and I almost felt it was part of Michigan's game plan to get us called for the retaliatory.
              Since we have some "known offenders" in the heavy hitting department who play the role of enforcers the refs would NOT give us the benefit of the doubt in the calls so advantage to Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                Haha, we better take your team seriously, they beat us in Ann Arbor a couple weekends ago. Your PP may stink (taking your word for it as you would know), but with your team having nine NHL draftees, I don't think we need to be taking chances. Honestly, looking at your roster, I am not sure why you guys have the record you do this season. Klbaum1077 is right, I need to worry about this weekend before moving on to the Michigan State series on 3/3 - 3/4.

Comment

Lets get this weekend done before worrying about the Spartans again.
                  Yeah, you are right about that. Need to win this weekend first!

Comment

You guys can score against us on the PP and that's my worry. Things were pretty chippy when we played in Ann Arbor and I almost felt it was part of Michigan's game plan to get us called for the retaliatory.
                    Since we have some "known offenders" in the heavy hitting department who play the role of enforcers the refs would NOT give us the benefit of the doubt in the calls so advantage to Michigan.
                    They always catch the guy who retaliates. I don't have a problem with some of these calls as long as they are calling them both ways. What grinds my gears is us constantly getting all the five-minute majors while other teams get two minutes for the same hits. Call it both ways.

Comment

They always catch the guy who retaliates. I don't have a problem with some of these calls as long as they are calling them both ways. What grinds my gears is us constantly getting all the five-minute majors while other teams get two minutes for the same hits. Call it both ways.
                      It is the second guy who is caught most times you are correct and Dakota is the 2nd guy a lot of times these days. As far as the 5 minutes penalties you cant put the officials in position to make those calls. To many times this year Ohio State players have had chances to avoid the penalty but have chosen to make the hit. Healey and Stork come to mind in the Minnesota series those 2 penalties cost Ohio State 4 goals and a hockey game and maybe more later on. Discipline goes a long way to winning games and this team has to find it.

Comment

It is the second guy who is caught most times you are correct and Dakota is the 2nd guy a lot of times these days.
                        Dakota has been getting a little too mouthy with the refs on calls against him he doesn't like. He'll get called with a misconduct if he doesn't watch it.
                        He needs to let the coach be his advocate on the bad calls.

Comment

Well it's gameday. How many of you Michigan fans are making the trip down?

Comment

Haha, we better take your team seriously, they beat us in Ann Arbor a couple weekends ago.
                            That weekend was the best hockey Michigan has played all season. The weekend after that we played awful. I don't know if this team has another good performance in them.

Well it's gameday. How many of you Michigan fans are making the trip down?
                            We were considering going to Saturday's game. I'm trying to get my husband to all the B1G rinks, but it's difficult to want to watch this season's team play. Then he told me if we were to hang around Columbus he didn't want me wearing my Michigan stuff. I tried explaining the hockey fans aren't bad. It's some of those football fans you have to watch out for.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              We were considering going to Saturday's game. I'm trying to get my husband to all the B1G rinks, but it's difficult to want to watch this season's team play. Then he told me if we were to hang around Columbus he didn't want me wearing my Michigan stuff. I tried explaining the hockey fans aren't bad. It's some of those football fans you have to watch out for.
                              I wouldn't worry about wearing Maize & Blue in Columbus, we have a pretty large number of Michigan alumni here.
                              Plus my wife wears her Maize & Blue when she feels like it but she's a native of Detroit and just too mean for most Buckeyes to want to tangle with! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X