PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51

WiscDC
10-28-2017, 11:25 PM
Kalynuk scored his second first goal of the season tonight, and he'll be searching for his third first goal next week...apparently Wagner got it!

Saints#1
10-28-2017, 11:46 PM
Not good. SLU is a team who UW needs to destroy.

While I'm at it I'm going to say it... I'm not seeing the same hayton that others have. Seems like a good goalie not a great goalie.
Also not impressed with the dhoogie kids but enough with the negativity.

Baker is going to be a **** good player and the team is generally headed in the right direction.

Didnít Hayton only let in 1 of the 5 goals tonight?

MadCityRich
10-29-2017, 12:26 AM
Didnít Hayton only let in 1 of the 5 goals tonight?

Yes, it was SLU's only SOG at him. I can't blame him; he came in cold and that was one wicked top cheddar wrister.

Berry wasn't in the game - figuratively. If I recall at one point SLU had 8 shots and 3 goals. We had our chances but didn't finish. Mr. Brey had a **** good weekend against UW. I think they're happy with him.

BTW, I stayed until the handshake. Almost every SLU player hugged Hayton.....the coach didn't. There was virtually nobody there when the Badgers did their crowd salute. I really felt bad for them.

WiscTJK
10-29-2017, 11:22 AM
.... Another bit of positivity...crowd was (within the context of everything we've discussed recently) decentish, and the student section wasn't nearly as bad as I feared, and most of those who were there felt like UW hockey fans who know what UW hockey games are "supposed" to be. (I did avoid looking behind me for the most part to stay sane, because the numbers paint a drastically different picture.)

Half of the first level for students isn't good. They tried to bring energy. I really picked a lemon game to watch this team for the first time live, it really was a stinker. They have to beat these type of teams to be elite.

Last I am extremely concerned about the offense with loss of Don. It just wasn't pretty.

WiscDC
10-29-2017, 05:36 PM
They tried to bring energy.

That's pretty much it. The students who left really early to presumably do other Halloween stuff I didn't even expect to make it in the first place (I wouldn't have been surprised by a Thanksgiving or week-of-New-Year's situation), and by this year's standards, getting everyone to audibly chant "who's the real Phil?" was a relief, even though that's par for the course when 210 had students. :/

Anyway, big opponent coming to town next week, and their fans tend to be nice to others.........so be sure to be kindly helpful by making sure they correctly refer to their team as the Hawks, which they have a surprisingly difficult time with! First 4-home-game Badger Hockey weekend of the year too, with OSU in town at LaBahn. Be sure to spam @badgerband (or send a flock of carrier pigeons if you don't have twitter account) about that getting to that one.

Timothy A
10-29-2017, 08:36 PM
I think TG outsmarted himself on the Berry start. It's the Hayton bus, let him drive. He got a night off last week, but playing only 2 games a week shouldn't be taxing anyway. Last night was just a pile of doodoo, they cannot have games like that.

WiscTJK
10-29-2017, 08:51 PM
I think TG outsmarted himself on the Berry start. It's the Hayton bus, let him drive. He got a night off last week, but playing only 2 games a week shouldn't be taxing anyway. Last night was just a pile of doodoo, they cannot have games like that.

puppy on carpet doodoo???

KaMiGo
10-30-2017, 09:36 AM
puppy on carpet doodoo???

You wouldn't have to worry about that if you keep the puppies in a box. Unless they somehow manage to get out of the box...

gwhinwi
10-30-2017, 09:41 AM
You wouldn't have to worry about that if you keep the puppies in a box. Unless they somehow manage to get out of the box...

Then they start climbing the hill....

MadCityRich
10-30-2017, 07:46 PM
Per Todd M, Tarek Baker with an apparent knee injury at today's practice, was helped off the ice. Sonuva*****, the kid is really impressive. I love his work ethic.

Tough weekend personally for him not to play, if it's that bad. :-(

KaMiGo
10-31-2017, 10:43 AM
Per Milewski's State Journal article (http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-tony-granato-will-lobby-to-get/article_d19384cc-06d1-5a40-aa6a-1efcee947fe2.html), this series will be the 3rd year of a 4 year contract with NoDak. Previous games were in 14-15 and 15-16.
NoDak will be an away trip next year with nothing guaranteed after that. Todd mentions that NoDak just signed a new contract with Minnesota, so they might not want to tie up too many NC games.

This puts confirmed future games as:
18-19
BC (year 3 of 4 year BC/Merrimack contract)
@Clarkson/St Lawrence (year 3 of 4 year Clarkson/St Lawrence contract)
@North Dakota (year 4 of 4 year North Dakota contract)

19-20
Clarkson (year 4 of 4 year Clarkson/St Lawrence contract)
@Omaha (return trip of 1 for 1 contract, hosted in 16-17)
@Merrimack/BC (year 4 of 4 year BC/Merrimack contract)

MadCityRich
10-31-2017, 11:13 AM
Per Milewski's State Journal article (http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-tony-granato-will-lobby-to-get/article_d19384cc-06d1-5a40-aa6a-1efcee947fe2.html), this series will be the 3rd year of a 4 year contract with NoDak. Previous games were in 14-15 and 15-16.
NoDak will be an away trip next year with nothing guaranteed after that. Todd mentions that NoDak just signed a new contract with Minnesota, so they might not want to tie up too many NC games.

This puts confirmed future games as:
18-19
BC (year 3 of 4 year BC/Merrimack contract)
@Clarkson/St Lawrence (year 3 of 4 year Clarkson/St Lawrence contract)
@North Dakota (year 4 of 4 year North Dakota contract)

19-20
Clarkson (year 4 of 4 year Clarkson/St Lawrence contract)
@Omaha (return trip of 1 for 1 contract, hosted in 16-17)
@Merrimack/BC (year 4 of 4 year BC/Merrimack contract)

NoDak and Denver (maybe more "western schools") should be on our schedule EVERY year. Try to keep some of the old rivalries. I still don't like B1G hockey and it's got nothing to do with being an older ****.

WiscTJK
10-31-2017, 11:23 AM
NoDak and Denver (maybe more "western schools") should be on our schedule EVERY year. Try to keep some of the old rivalries. I still don't like B1G hockey and it's got nothing to do with being an older ****.

I agree. both teams should be on the schedule every year. mix in CC every once and a while.

would be cool to do a round robin type thing with UW and Goofs, ND and Denver and have each school host one weekend every year and play ND and Denver and they each play us and Goofs. Mini tournament thing that only ties up one weekend.

gwhinwi
10-31-2017, 11:34 AM
I agree. both teams should be on the schedule every year. mix in CC every once and a while.

would be cool to do a round robin type thing with UW and Goofs, ND and Denver and have each school host one weekend every year and play ND and Denver and they each play us and Goofs. Mini tournament thing that only ties up one weekend.

It would be great to see something with CC, UND, UMD, and Denver along with Goofers, and UW. It's incredibly unlikely, but seeing those teams every year or every other would be awesome.

KaMiGo
10-31-2017, 02:45 PM
It would be great to see something with CC, UND, UMD, and Denver along with Goofers, and UW. It's incredibly unlikely, but seeing those teams every year or every other would be awesome.

We've had CC and Denver in recent years. We had a 4 year rotation with them between 2013/2014 - 2016/2017.

UND; we are in a 4 year contract with them right now. They can probably make more money by getting a smaller school to do a 2 for 1 or even a 1 for none.

UMD; it would be nice, but we'd probably have to schedule them 1 for 1.

I like that the Eaves administration made a bit of a push 5-6 years ago to get some creative scheduling with the BU/BC 4 year deal and the Denver/CC 4 year deal. Mostly highly regarded schools.
To a lesser extent, I liked the NMU rotations, the St Lawrence/Clarkson 4 year deal, the current BC/Merrimack 4 year deal. St Lawrence, Clarkson, Merrimack do nothing for me, but they were an interesting change of pace.

I wonder what it would take to do a 4 year deal with NoDak/UMD. It would be a hike to get between Grand Forks and Duluth overnight or in the early AM, but it could make for some nice road trips.
Maybe a UMD and BSU rotation would be easier.

bucky15
10-31-2017, 04:13 PM
Joe Pa is 2 goals away from 300 in his NHL career. Heatley had 372 goals, I think Joe Pa should be able to catch him for most NHL goals by a Badger. Does Chelios have the most career NHL points at 948 or am I missing someone? Joe Pa has 637 pts, I don't think he will be able to get up to 900 pts. Heatley had 791 career NHL pts.

Kunin got his first goal last week.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-31-2017, 04:49 PM
Joe Pa is 2 goals away from 300 in his NHL career. Heatley had 372 goals, I think Joe Pa should be able to catch him for most NHL goals by a Badger. Does Chelios have the most career NHL points at 948 or am I missing someone? Joe Pa has 637 pts, I don't think he will be able to get up to 900 pts. Heatley had 791 career NHL pts.

That is correct. Gary Suter had 844 (17 seasons) and Scott Mellanby had 840 (21 seasons). That Suter played 9 less years then Chelios shows what a prolific producer he was from the blue line.

gwhinwi
10-31-2017, 05:09 PM

I think Pavelski has a chance at that. He's got 68+ points, per year, for the last 4 years. Here's hoping that he gets at least another 4 or 5 years in the league.

bucky15
10-31-2017, 05:17 PM
I think Pavelski has a chance at that. He's got 68+ points, per year, for the last 4 years. Here's hoping that he gets at least another 4 or 5 years in the league.

I hope so as well, he is one of the nicest guys to go through the program. The only thing is the NHL is increasingly becoming a young mans game....and a very fast one. He already is an average skater in his lower 30's. It is going to be tough to keep up.

Speaking of Pavs, Burns (I think) in a interview at the all-star game said Pav's boy is quite the player. Is it too early to put him on the recruiting spreadsheet? :D

MadCityRich
10-31-2017, 05:42 PM

Knowing both guys and since they entered the NHL at the same time, I've always kept track of how close their stats are. Joe's stats are very close to Phil Kessel's, but we hear more about Phil for some reason. (One guess for me is east coast vs. west coast.)

In 817 games Joe: 298 goals + 339 assists = 639 points.

In 845 games Phil: 300 goals + 362 assists = 662 points.

With a 28 game difference, I'd **** near call it a draw. Quite amazing considering publicity.