PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51

GBBadger14
10-15-2017, 11:59 AM
Didn't get to watch or listen last night except for the post game, but great weekend for the boys on the road. Here's a link to a few highlights from Merrimack. (https://youtu.be/gvTbSIyN81w)

Two things I like: Look at Ford spring that puck free and get it out top on Zimmer's redirect from Tischke. And look at Wags and Big Matt get to the front of the net when the puck goes high on Wag's redirect. That's how you score goals!

Two things we have to be better at: Winning face offs. Somewhat surprising 55-84 (39%) on the weekend. I think of it because I remember Tony talking about Baker on Friday and mentioning how he was winning face offs in there... but Baker had only 7 wins in 22 draws Friday. (He still played great) And the Larsson boys ate our lunch in the circle going 27-9 W/L last night. That definitely has to be better.

Second, the PP has to get going. Which does often take a little while to come together, but there's way too much talent on this team to be 2 for 16 with no goals coming out of the set up. I'm not worried, just noting that it has to get going. Tough opponents coming up and winning FO's and getting a timely PP goal here and there are going to be huge difference makers.

Hayton was awesome this weekend.

I like how Hayton just turned around and waived to the students at the end of that highlight video.

elsid
10-15-2017, 04:15 PM
I like how Hayton just turned around and waived to the students at the end of that highlight video.

Kyle can be feisty like that in a good way (at least its good when he's wearing your sweater). Hope the Badgers see a lot of Mile High Salutes this season...except when the Saints visit at the end of the month!

Timothy A
10-15-2017, 09:20 PM
Great eastern sweep, exorcised the BC curse. Now they need to get over the NM hump and sweep these guys. The depth on the team is very impressive. Hayton is a pretty decent pick-up.

Timothy A
10-16-2017, 01:33 PM
6th? Who'd a thunk? I can't wait to watch Oz do the weekly press conference. He kinda mesmerizes you when you watch him speak.

KaMiGo
10-16-2017, 01:46 PM
10th in RPI
10th in PWR
3rd in KRACH

3.40 Goals scored per game
2.00 Goals allowed per game

I'll take it. Good to see such positive numbers this early in the season.

GBBadger14
10-16-2017, 03:39 PM
FWIW, Bucci put us 3rd in his rankings.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-16-2017, 06:17 PM
10th in RPI
10th in PWR
3rd in KRACH

3.40 Goals scored per game
2.00 Goals allowed per game

I'll take it. Good to see such positive numbers this early in the season.

To keep RPI and PWR in perspective Denver is #31, Air Force is #2, and our next opponent is #8.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-16-2017, 06:18 PM
FWIW, Bucci put us 3rd in his rankings.

Bucci has the good sense to leave Harvard out since they take this month off.

WiscDC
10-16-2017, 11:29 PM
CHN had UW at 4 in the preseason, and they actually provided a bit of rationale for their predictions, unlike the USCHO preseason poll.

And as I have been and will be ranting and raving about, they could be the 20th best D-I team and would still be criminally underrated locally, so I'll balance it out with high expectations (and worry about the disappointment later).

DPlaya
10-17-2017, 10:35 PM
Still no word on Greenway....I wonder how he fits in the lineup when he is back? I'm assuming maybe he rotates in with Davison and Inamoto.....any thoughts? Anyone heard when he may return?

I was pretty shocked the staff brought in Ess straight from high school but clearly they intend to play him. Was interesting to see that he had great numbers last weekend (http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-cooperative-development-for-defensemen-peter-tischke/article_83720ce9-5ab1-54ca-bd91-4e9965e1939c.html).

gwhinwi
10-17-2017, 10:51 PM
Still no word on Greenway....I wonder how he fits in the lineup when he is back? I'm assuming maybe he rotates in with Davison and Inamoto.....any thoughts? Anyone heard when he may return?

I asked Todd Milewski about him after the last game and he said that no one has seen him at any of the open practices and he hasn't been skating to this point and they only thing the team is saying is that it's a personal matter.

bucky15
10-18-2017, 11:12 AM
I asked Todd Milewski about him after the last game and he said that no one has seen him at any of the open practices and he hasn't been skating to this point and they only thing the team is saying is that it's a personal matter.

Todd is a classy guy, the story is out there and I am sure he knows. Nice to see him keeping a personal issue for a 19 year old personal.

gwhinwi
10-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Todd is a classy guy, the story is out there and I am sure he knows. Nice to see him keeping a personal issue for a 19 year old personal.

I agree. I didn't ask him a "gotcha question," just asked when he might return and he handled it appropriately.

MadCityRich
10-18-2017, 11:38 AM
I was wondering about JD last weekend. With today's social media I'm very surprised nothing has gotten out to the public. Sure, I'd like to know what's going on (there was a post that someone saw him the first weekend with black eyes?), but I respect those who DO know not tweeting or "unanimously" reporting.

We could use him, though!

Wisko McBadgerton
10-18-2017, 12:46 PM
We could really use JD, his raw ability is just so high it's hard to describe. Man, it's just really hurting him (and the team) to not be skating all this time. And since he's not skating, I wouldn't expect him back before the break, if then...

In other news, a couple of Badgers that know something about winning, Tom Gilbert and Robbie Earl, are both named to team USA for the Deutschland Cup.

gwhinwi
10-18-2017, 12:47 PM
Tom Gilbert and Robbie Earl are in the running for US National team spots for the next Olympics.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-former-wisconsin-players-robbie-earl-tom/article_270a1093-b9b0-52ab-a2e0-7741fcdd9da4.html

Robbie's efforts in the 2006 team have made me love him forever and I hope him and Tom get the chance to play for their country.

Edit: I didn't see Wisko's post until after I had finished mine.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-18-2017, 12:53 PM
I wonder if Davis Drewiske regrets not going to Europe to continue his career. (he declined) I'd think he would have been in the running for the USA team.

Timothy A
10-18-2017, 01:22 PM
We could really use JD, his raw ability is just so high it's hard to describe. Man, it's just really hurting him (and the team) to not be skating all this time. And since he's not skating, I wouldn't expect him back before the break, if then...

Maybe he's not allowed to be with the team right now?

gwhinwi
10-18-2017, 01:26 PM
Maybe he's not allowed to be with the team right now?

Apparently he's been at practices, just not skating.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-18-2017, 02:31 PM
I haven't bothered to ask anyone I think would probably know about JD because what does it really matter? I noted early on that the explanation is not "medical issue", but rather "personal issue". Presumably then he could physically skate because even a medical issue stemming from a personal issue would be a medical issue and saying so would end most speculation. But they're sticking with "personal issue".

It wasn't clear to me that he was attending all practices, I thought not, but perhaps he is. But in any case he's not skating He's a tremendous talent, but he needs Oz's expertise, so this is costly to him. Hopefully he will be skating this year.

Currently it appears that the WCHA stream is the only option to watch this weekend's games. What's up with that? It's not really an away game, so why does the WCHA get the rights and not BTN+. Why not at least both? Huh? I want answers!!! :mad: