PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

BuB
10-01-2017, 03:05 PM
Yikes, Posick just said that "Coach Granato expects Greenway to be available at some point during the first half of the season".

So....anyone have any news on this? Thanks in advance.

solovsfett
10-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Yikes, Posick just said that "Coach Granato expects Greenway to be available at some point during the first half of the season".

So....anyone have any news on this? Thanks in advance.

Good grief, what happened?

In other news: Weissbach! Woot!

GBBadger14
10-01-2017, 05:37 PM
Anyone else have an issue trying to buy a subscription on BTN2GO/BTN Plus? Tried a couple different cards and accounts and couldnít get t to work.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Players who have controller disconnected moments consistently don't deserve respect. I probably get that mentality from my mother, whom is still mad at Ryan "McDonut" for tripping over his own net and letting the other team score.

Linhart is way better than what he used to be. He still needs to get way better. He takes way too long to make a decision with the puck that leads to a lot of turnovers. He's no McBain, Schultz, Suter, McDonagh, Smith, etc that I come to expect out of 1st pairing dmen at UW. Those are my standards for a program as prestigious as Wisconsin.

Didn't say Linhart was as good as those guys. Although McBain and McDonagh each had 14 career goals as does Jake. :p

97% of all the D men that have played here weren't as good as those guys you're referring to, yet there have been a lot of good college players on the Blue line at UW.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-01-2017, 07:15 PM
It seemed a bit like the boys read their own press during the first period break. Things were pretty sloppy the rest of the way. But a win is a win and this was a big NC game to get under their belt.

Weissbach's hands on that first goal were spectacular. The second I could have probably handled as Wag's pass was spot on. Great start for him though. Caught a glimpse early of what Hughes- Dhooghe could do on a couple of great passes to each other that didn't quite pan out, but still were pretty slick.

Freshman D predictably need work, but there's some skill there.

IndianaBadger1995
10-02-2017, 12:57 AM
Didn't say Linhart was as good as those guys. Although McBain and McDonagh each had 14 career goals as does Jake. :p

97% of all the D men that have played here weren't as good as those guys you're referring to, yet there have been a lot of good college players on the Blue line at UW.

That may be true but I would have to look a ways back to find a Badger 1st pairing I wouldn't take over Whoever-Linhart. Linhart on the first pairing is a product of Oz not being here to recruit the next wave of McDonagh's or McBain's. All I am saying is as long as Linhart is on the 1st pairing then the defense is considered a weakness by Badger Hockey standards.

sunprairie
10-02-2017, 02:29 AM
Good grief, what happened?

In other news: Weissbach! Woot!
Donít know what happened, but I did see Greenway wearing a suit in the stands during warmups today sporting two very distinct shiners under each eye. Hope whatever the trouble is gets cleared up soon and he is able to get back on the ice.

bucky15
10-02-2017, 09:22 AM
I hope they do this for at least each home series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3JmaXy67ho

MadCityRich
10-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Don’t know what happened, but I did see Greenway wearing a suit in the stands during warmups today sporting two very distinct shiners under each eye. Hope whatever the trouble is gets cleared up soon and he is able to get back on the ice.

Nice piece on J.D. but no mention of anything in today's State Urinal...................http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-jd-greenway-hopes-to-realize-growth/article_9fd53037-7f6f-52fc-bcfd-2c3beb97ed2d.html

Wisko McBadgerton
10-02-2017, 12:54 PM
Donít know what happened, but I did see Greenway wearing a suit in the stands during warmups today sporting two very distinct shiners under each eye. Hope whatever the trouble is gets cleared up soon and he is able to get back on the ice.

Hmmm.... Accident of some kind? How many people are big/fast/strong/dumb enough to try and give JD a black eye?

I just hope it's nothing too serious and he's back sooner than later. Ability wise his talent is sky high. Can't teach that part, but can certainly teach the things he needs to do better to be consistent. Need him in the line up and getting better. I thought Ess struggled in his own end quite a bit, the vets were very solid, Inamoto pretty decent, and Kalynuck a mixed bag of good and not so good.

Wisko McBadgerton
10-02-2017, 12:57 PM
I hope they do this for at least each home series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3JmaXy67ho

Upon further review I take back what I said about being able to handle Weissbach's second goal. He got it on the bounce and that happened way faster than I first thought it did. Kid has some serious eye/hand coordination to go with his fast skates.

If he can keep at the pace and put up 60 goals it will sure take some pressure off the other guys!

Wisko McBadgerton
10-02-2017, 10:31 PM
Kunin sent down to Iowa today, and Grant Besse signed with Norfolk in the ECHL. I'll probably get to see Grant play in Florida later in the year if he sticks.

Timothy A
10-03-2017, 08:05 AM
Sure would have been nice to be able to watch the opener on the tele. I did listen to portions on the radio. We'll take a win anyway we can get it.

gwhinwi
10-03-2017, 08:45 AM
Sure would have been nice to be able to watch the opener on the tele. I did listen to portions on the radio. We'll take a win anyway we can get it.

Glad that I was able to catch the radio feed for the game as well. Sounded like a great 1st period. Hopefully more practice will create more consistency throughout the games.

WiscTJK
10-03-2017, 09:56 AM
go look at the mtu thread for what the dope is accusing on Hayton.

dtrumbower
10-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Anyone else have an issue trying to buy a subscription on BTN2GO/BTN Plus? Tried a couple different cards and accounts and couldn’t get t to work.

I had no problem, 5 minutes before the game.

Timothy A
10-03-2017, 01:30 PM
go look at the mtu thread for what the dope is accusing on Hayton.

That is some rich stuff. I do wonder from a practical standpoint how these transfers get started. I assume the player has to make the first move, correct?

Timothy A
10-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Anyone else have an issue trying to buy a subscription on BTN2GO/BTN Plus? Tried a couple different cards and accounts and couldnít get t to work.

I can NEVER get that BTN2GO to work. It drives me NUTS!

diddlypoo
10-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Worst part of the BTN plus feed was that it apparently uses the scoreboard feed, and most of the final minute showed the "Make Noise" graphic with the goofy looking foosball-hockey players instead of the actual game. Extremely frustrating.

gwhinwi
10-05-2017, 11:20 AM
FS Wisconsin for Friday nights game.
BTN Plus for Saturdays game.