X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    I encourage anyone who is eligible to apply. I think it is only season ticket holders for one of the season ticket sports. It is a fun experience and I'm sure that you will enjoy it if you get in.
    So your are saying there's a chance? Maybe I can meet Mark Johnson and get my son's Mark Johnson Whaler jersey signed, that would be cool.

Kind of shocked at the lack of discussion on Strobel.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Kind of shocked at the lack of discussion on Strobel.
      Maybe everyone has Muskie fever?

Or people tuned out the thread after it became a Blackhawks discussion for a bit? Got me.

I'm happy with Strobel as an assistant. I think the right plan is in place and I think he'll make a positive contribution.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

It's June and we hired a second assistant.

-yawn-

Not sure what there is to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          It's June and we hired a second assistant. -yawn- Not sure what there is to discuss.
          Surely a seasoned well oiled fan as yourself has an opinion of the hire or had a preference on who TG should have hired, besides yourself of course. Hopefully you applied.

Musky fever....my boat is enfeugo, we've caught 5 so far. Only caught 2 all of last year. This weekend I pea in the general direction of rodentsota from Merrick St. Park. We actually go eat Chinese in Winona for lunch one day, it's expensive burning the tyres off the Explorer and clothes we wear after we get back, but we like the food there.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Surely a seasoned well oiled fan as yourself has an opinion of the hire or had a preference on who TG should have hired, besides yourself of course. Hopefully you applied.

Musky fever....my boat is enfeugo, we've caught 5 so far. Only caught 2 all of last year. This weekend I pea in the general direction of rodentsota from Merrick St. Park. We actually go eat Chinese in Winona for lunch one day, it's expensive burning the tyres off the Explorer and clothes we wear after we get back, but we like the food there.
            What lakes do you frequent for the 'lunge? Might as well talk fishin' .
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Brian Elliott to Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                Maybe everyone has Muskie fever?

Or people tuned out the thread after it became a Blackhawks discussion for a bit? Got me.

I'm happy with Strobel as an assistant. I think the right plan is in place and I think he'll make a positive contribution.
                I just don't really know anything about him beyond what I read after the announcement, so I've got nothing to offer on that front.

For me, it's been predominantly Australian football fever.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  It's June and we hired a second assistant.

-yawn-

Not sure what there is to discuss.
                  So the SLU fans have now reported on their facebook site that Kyle Haydon will be a Badger this fall. How about talking about that.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203130979728057/
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                    So the SLU fans have now reported on their facebook site that Kyle Haydon will be a Badger this fall. How about talking about that.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203130979728057/
                    Is he a guy who would be #1 or #2? If not, it would seem to be an odd move for him unless it's just a matter of academics (especially if this is a "go to grad school, play right away" situation). If so, that's good. Assuming this is a real thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                      Is he a guy who would be #1 or #2? If not, it would seem to be an odd move for him unless it's just a matter of academics (especially if this is a "go to grad school, play right away" situation). If so, that's good. Assuming this is a real thing.
                      He was 2nd team All-American last year so he's coming to play. Might signal trouble for Jurusiks roster spot. If this is indeed correct would be great news.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                        It would most likely be a grad school transfer. He was due to pretty much re-write the SLU goaltending records, and already broke atleast one (career shutouts, in less than 3 years). Career save % of around .930 (while typically facing top 10 shots against nationally).

If this happens, and there's a whole lot of smoke in the NoCo about it, he'll definitely be missed. Small goalie, but great quickness allowed him to make some highlight reel saves. Only weakness seemed to be high glove, particularly this last season.

Comment

• FWIW, he recently started following JD Greenway, UW Hockey, and Todd Milewski on Twitter. Greenway, Milewski, and Brian Posick also recently started following him.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
                            He was 2nd team All-American last year so he's coming to play. Might signal trouble for Jurusiks roster spot. If this is indeed correct would be great news.
                            Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                            FWIW, he recently started following JD Greenway, UW Hockey, and Todd Milewski on Twitter. Greenway, Milewski, and Brian Posick also recently started following him.
                            It is indeed correct. After only three years at SLU (as hockeyplayer indicates below) he broke the school career record for shut outs and was on his way to breaking just about every SLU goalie record (had he stayed for his senior year.) There is speculation about him finishing his degree this summer so he can transfer as a grad student and not have to sit out. There is NO SPECULATION that he is transferring to Wisconsin. The only speculation is if he will have to sit out or be eligible to play right away. He is a very bright kid so our educated guess is he finishes his degree and graduates this summer.

Hockeyplayers description below is spot on accurate. He is a scrawny kid but feisty as hell.........will offer up a salute to the opposing crowd after a victory and we will miss him greatly. This is a huge loss and blow to our program.
                            SLU

Comment

He's a good one, extremely athletic, doesn't have a big frame but he squares up well to the shooter and makes himself look big in the net despite his size, when Wisconsin came up to the North Country last season you actually saw Arthur Brey who was the backup, he's a solid goalie as well but nowhere near on the level of Hayton.

Comment

Wow. Big news for UW. I'm actually torn if I'd like to see him this season or next. He would help upgrade the back end this season along with the arrival of Inamoto, Kalynuk and Ess. The upgrade in defensemen next year is going to be absolutely ridiculous with Ty Emberson, K'Andre Miller, the 2 Krygiers and Peltonen arriving on campus, so having a guy like that with 6 stud defensemen in front of him could be special.

Comment

Working...
                                X