PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

MadCityRich
07-25-2017, 12:04 PM
Speaking of new things coming to the Kohl Center...

Aspire Out, Gatorade In? (http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/badgers-sports-gatorade-pepsi-distributor-get-rights-to-negotiate-for/article_8b5fd180-9322-505f-9730-33e4977036e7.html)

It looks like Aspire has folded after only one year of their partnership with UW.

From reading the article, it looks like Gatorade will be coming in this year to replace Aspire and that when the Dr Pepper Snapple Group contract ends next summer that Pepsi will become the beverage family of choice.

I know that a lot of people were upset when Coca-Cola left and was replaced by the Dr Pepper Snapple Group offerings (RC Cola, 7-Up). I wonder if a return to a better brand will satisfy them or if those fans are truly "Give me Coke or give me death" kinds of people. Personally I am quite happen with the prospect of Pepsi products.

UW made a mistake and should stick with the big boys. I'm not surprised at all with the failure of Aspire. I have an extensive sales & marketing background in "soft drinks" and for ****s and grins, I applied to be a rep in the Madison area for sales and support since they were pretty much non-existent in area retailers. They basically told me...."we really don't need any support down there because of the endorsement of the U of W". I assured them that's not going to do it and made a presentation for them, concentrating on youth sports, etc. We did have discussions but I could tell these guys were in WAY over their heads and I eventually told them "buh, bye."

Gurtholfin
07-25-2017, 12:32 PM
Pepsi is better than coke so I am fine with this and I adjusted to the RC terrible diet cola by getting diet dr pepper. Also My kids will love the choice of mountain dew.

Pffft...

Nobody wants a rum and Pepsi. Trust me on this.

Would actually prefer RC to Pepsi.

Pepsi sucks.

Okay... carry on.

joecct
07-25-2017, 03:02 PM
Pffft...

Pepsi sucks.

Okay... carry on.

But Dr. Pepper rules them all.

MadCityRich
07-25-2017, 08:00 PM
Pffft...

Pepsi sucks.

Okay... carry on.

I'm a Pepsi guy (all products) but prefer Cherry Coke over Cherry Pepsi. Pepsi is definitely a much sweeter cola. Who can tell the difference with a cup full of ice before they put product in it?

A cola debate always blows up into epic proportions, even topping Trump v Clinton.

MadCityRich
07-25-2017, 08:03 PM
But Dr. Pepper rules them all. When you catch a cold, try Dr. Pepper HOT with some Bacardi Silver and a twist of lemon. You will feel better especially if you have 5 or 6.

joecct
07-26-2017, 10:22 AM
When you catch a cold, try Dr. Pepper HOT with some Bacardi Silver and a twist of lemon. You will feel better especially if you have 5 or 6.

Alcoholism in family trees. I steer away from the hard stuff and drink the rare beer or glass of wine.

MadCityRich
07-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Alcoholism in family trees. I steer away from the hard stuff and drink the rare beer or glass of wine.
Seriously, forget the rum...it's still good hot!

Milwaukee has a baseball team?

Packers started up today, Badger football this weekend, Hockey Badgers.....NEXT!

Timothy A
07-31-2017, 08:19 AM
I know that a lot of people were upset when Coca-Cola left and was replaced by the Dr Pepper Snapple Group offerings (RC Cola, 7-Up). I wonder if a return to a better brand will satisfy them or if those fans are truly "Give me Coke or give me death" kinds of people. Personally I am quite happen with the prospect of Pepsi products.

Pepsi is a distant 3rd in the cola war, Coke...RC...Pepsi...I don't buy soda at games anyway, I'd just like some cheap regular H2O available.

gwhinwi
07-31-2017, 10:37 AM
As long as there was a white-soda (7up, Sprite, Sierra Mist) my kids were happy.

Has anyone else had problems with subscriptions on the site lately? I haven't gotten any notifications in a month and thought everyone just went silent in here for a while.

WiscTJK
07-31-2017, 01:30 PM
Pepsi is a distant 3rd in the cola war (WRONG) , Coke...RC...Pepsi...I don't buy soda at games anyway, I'd just like some cheap regular H2O available (YES YES YES).

I normally buy one bottle and refill in the bubbler.

gwhinwi
07-31-2017, 03:12 PM

I miss people calling it a bubbler.

WiscTJK
08-01-2017, 07:34 AM
I miss people calling it a bubbler.

A fountain is a decorative element with water. A bubbler is where you get water to drink;)

Timothy A
08-01-2017, 09:09 AM

It irritates me to pay 5 bucks for a drinking vessel.

WiscTJK
08-01-2017, 09:30 AM
It irritates me to pay 5 bucks for a drinking vessel.

Oh believe me, I agree with you. They could sell water for $2 and make a fortune. At $4.50 its ridiculous.

MadCityRich
08-02-2017, 09:53 AM
A fountain is a decorative element with water. A bubbler is where you get water to drink;)

Yes, and it's POP, not soda. :p

Kohl Center news......

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/status/892117151083094016

Timothy A
08-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Oh believe me, I agree with you. They could sell water for $2 and make a fortune. At $4.50 its ridiculous.

Sell the water cheaper and jack up the rest of the concession prices to make up for it. Let's make UW hockey affordable for the fans (thinking specifically about the women's games with families attending).

KaMiGo
08-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Yes, and it's POP, not soda. :p

Kohl Center news......

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/status/892117151083094016

I dare say that new display will be one of the best in college hockey. That is probably on par with or better than some of the screens you might see in NHL rinks.

I guess we know where some of that ticket money has been going.

Timothy A
08-02-2017, 01:06 PM
I dare say that new display will be one of the best in college hockey. That is probably on par with or better than some of the screens you might see in NHL rinks.

I guess we know where some of that ticket money has been going.

LaBahn could sure use a re-fresh on the scoreboard situation.

KaMiGo
08-02-2017, 01:23 PM
LaBahn could sure use a re-fresh on the scoreboard situation.

I've only been in there a few times.

Does it have the clearance and sight-lines to make a center-hung option work? Would the typical 4-sided layout even be an option with the horseshoe seating? Would a better screen on the end wall be the likely option?

Timothy A
08-02-2017, 03:08 PM
I've only been in there a few times.

Does it have the clearance and sight-lines to make a center-hung option work? Would the typical 4-sided layout even be an option with the horseshoe seating? Would a better screen on the end wall be the likely option?

The issue with the end wall screen is the nearer you sit to the endwall, the harder to see the screen, hence I would go with a small center hung scoreboard, which I do believe there is enough height to accommodate. Or add another endwall screen on the south end. The resolution on the current one is crappy.