PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Timothy A
06-28-2017, 01:18 PM
I applied to be on the Fan Advisory Board. I touted my level-headedness, common sense approach, love of analytics and objectiveness. I probably won't get the call due to the only events I actually attend are hockey. I would like to see a soccer game once and maybe a VB game. I have no interest in attending a BB game and have gone to 1 FB game and really enjoyed it, a Russell Wilson romp of IU.

gwhinwi
06-28-2017, 01:28 PM
I touted my level-headedness, common sense approach, love of analytics and objectiveness.

So, you didn't mention your presence here then? Haha.

Timothy A
06-28-2017, 02:42 PM
So, you didn't mention your presence here then? Haha.

Gotta change my user name here and on twitter. If they properly vet me I'm screwed.

gwhinwi
06-28-2017, 02:57 PM
Gotta change my user name here and on twitter. If they properly vet me I'm screwed.

Without a doubt...

KaMiGo
06-28-2017, 04:18 PM
I applied to be on the Fan Advisory Board. I touted my level-headedness, common sense approach, love of analytics and objectiveness. I probably won't get the call due to the only events I actually attend are hockey. I would like to see a soccer game once and maybe a VB game. I have no interest in attending a BB game and have gone to 1 FB game and really enjoyed it, a Russell Wilson romp of IU.

Allow me to dust off my "Hey, I did it and it was pretty fun" speech.

I was on the 2nd edition of the board, I think this year will be 5 or 6.

I was (and still am) a hockey-only ticket holder. There were a handful of others who were only ticket holders in some of the "minor" sports. Some with just volleyball, some with just women's hockey. The majority were football and/or men's basketball.

It was a very educational experience. I got some time to talk one-on-one with people inside the administration. Barry came in for the first 15 minutes of the first meeting and then we never heard from him again, but there was a strong representation from others in the Athletic Department. Each of the meetings (4 total if I recall correctly) also had at least one guest coach come in and say hi to the group and do a quick Q&A.
When Eaves was the guest I caught him off-guard with a comment about the players after the game. I think this was right after an 0-2 visit from North Dakota. The players stayed on the ice after the handshakes to acknowledge the crowd. I commented that it was fantastic that they players did that and his response was along the lines of "Oh, they really did that? I'm usually one of the first back to the locker room so I guess I didn't see that. Thanks for letting me know, I'll make sure to pass on the guys that people notice and appreciate that".
--personal note; please don't let this devolve into Eaves bashing, there isn't a need for that anymore--

There were also usually meals provided. One of the meals was a sampling of the new offerings at Camp Randall that year, some pretty good stuff.

And you usually get some behind the scene tours. The video control room at the Kohl Center was one of my favorite places to see. They control everything at the KC, the Field House and Camp Randall from there.

OK, enough with all of that...

I encourage anyone who is eligible to apply. I think it is only season ticket holders for one of the season ticket sports. It is a fun experience and I'm sure that you will enjoy it if you get in.

Timothy A
06-30-2017, 07:36 AM
I encourage anyone who is eligible to apply. I think it is only season ticket holders for one of the season ticket sports. It is a fun experience and I'm sure that you will enjoy it if you get in.

So your are saying there's a chance? Maybe I can meet Mark Johnson and get my son's Mark Johnson Whaler jersey signed, that would be cool.

Kind of shocked at the lack of discussion on Strobel.

gwhinwi
06-30-2017, 08:16 AM
Kind of shocked at the lack of discussion on Strobel.

Maybe everyone has Muskie fever?

Or people tuned out the thread after it became a Blackhawks discussion for a bit? Got me.

I'm happy with Strobel as an assistant. I think the right plan is in place and I think he'll make a positive contribution.

Gurtholfin
06-30-2017, 10:40 AM
It's June and we hired a second assistant.

-yawn-

Not sure what there is to discuss.

Timothy A
06-30-2017, 02:10 PM
It's June and we hired a second assistant. -yawn- Not sure what there is to discuss.

Surely a seasoned well oiled fan as yourself has an opinion of the hire or had a preference on who TG should have hired, besides yourself of course. Hopefully you applied.

Musky fever....my boat is enfeugo, we've caught 5 so far. Only caught 2 all of last year. This weekend I pea in the general direction of rodentsota from Merrick St. Park. We actually go eat Chinese in Winona for lunch one day, it's expensive burning the tyres off the Explorer and clothes we wear after we get back, but we like the food there.

MadCityRich
06-30-2017, 02:48 PM
Surely a seasoned well oiled fan as yourself has an opinion of the hire or had a preference on who TG should have hired, besides yourself of course. Hopefully you applied.

Musky fever....my boat is enfeugo, we've caught 5 so far. Only caught 2 all of last year. This weekend I pea in the general direction of rodentsota from Merrick St. Park. We actually go eat Chinese in Winona for lunch one day, it's expensive burning the tyres off the Explorer and clothes we wear after we get back, but we like the food there.

What lakes do you frequent for the 'lunge? Might as well talk fishin' .

GBBadger14
07-01-2017, 12:57 PM
Brian Elliott to Philly.

WiscDC
07-01-2017, 02:43 PM
Maybe everyone has Muskie fever?

Or people tuned out the thread after it became a Blackhawks discussion for a bit? Got me.

I'm happy with Strobel as an assistant. I think the right plan is in place and I think he'll make a positive contribution.

I just don't really know anything about him beyond what I read after the announcement, so I've got nothing to offer on that front. :D

For me, it's been predominantly Australian football fever.

vicb
07-01-2017, 03:05 PM
It's June and we hired a second assistant.

-yawn-

Not sure what there is to discuss.

So the SLU fans have now reported on their facebook site that Kyle Haydon will be a Badger this fall. How about talking about that. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203130979728057/

WiscDC
07-01-2017, 03:17 PM
So the SLU fans have now reported on their facebook site that Kyle Haydon will be a Badger this fall. How about talking about that. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203130979728057/

Is he a guy who would be #1 or #2? If not, it would seem to be an odd move for him unless it's just a matter of academics (especially if this is a "go to grad school, play right away" situation). If so, that's good. Assuming this is a real thing.

Badgers1
07-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Is he a guy who would be #1 or #2? If not, it would seem to be an odd move for him unless it's just a matter of academics (especially if this is a "go to grad school, play right away" situation). If so, that's good. Assuming this is a real thing.

He was 2nd team All-American last year so he's coming to play. Might signal trouble for Jurusiks roster spot. If this is indeed correct would be great news.

hockeyplayer1015
07-01-2017, 04:13 PM

It would most likely be a grad school transfer. He was due to pretty much re-write the SLU goaltending records, and already broke atleast one (career shutouts, in less than 3 years). Career save % of around .930 (while typically facing top 10 shots against nationally).

If this happens, and there's a whole lot of smoke in the NoCo about it, he'll definitely be missed. Small goalie, but great quickness allowed him to make some highlight reel saves. Only weakness seemed to be high glove, particularly this last season.

GBBadger14
07-01-2017, 04:33 PM
FWIW, he recently started following JD Greenway, UW Hockey, and Todd Milewski on Twitter. Greenway, Milewski, and Brian Posick also recently started following him.

critsports
07-02-2017, 12:35 PM
He was 2nd team All-American last year so he's coming to play. Might signal trouble for Jurusiks roster spot. If this is indeed correct would be great news.

FWIW, he recently started following JD Greenway, UW Hockey, and Todd Milewski on Twitter. Greenway, Milewski, and Brian Posick also recently started following him.

It is indeed correct. After only three years at SLU (as hockeyplayer indicates below) he broke the school career record for shut outs and was on his way to breaking just about every SLU goalie record (had he stayed for his senior year.) There is speculation about him finishing his degree this summer so he can transfer as a grad student and not have to sit out. There is NO SPECULATION that he is transferring to Wisconsin. The only speculation is if he will have to sit out or be eligible to play right away. He is a very bright kid so our educated guess is he finishes his degree and graduates this summer.

Hockeyplayers description below is spot on accurate. He is a scrawny kid but feisty as hell.........will offer up a salute to the opposing crowd after a victory and we will miss him greatly. This is a huge loss and blow to our program.

techtodenver
07-02-2017, 04:03 PM
He's a good one, extremely athletic, doesn't have a big frame but he squares up well to the shooter and makes himself look big in the net despite his size, when Wisconsin came up to the North Country last season you actually saw Arthur Brey who was the backup, he's a solid goalie as well but nowhere near on the level of Hayton.

DPlaya
07-03-2017, 08:22 AM
Wow. Big news for UW. I'm actually torn if I'd like to see him this season or next. He would help upgrade the back end this season along with the arrival of Inamoto, Kalynuk and Ess. The upgrade in defensemen next year is going to be absolutely ridiculous with Ty Emberson, K'Andre Miller, the 2 Krygiers and Peltonen arriving on campus, so having a guy like that with 6 stud defensemen in front of him could be special.