PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Gurtholfin
06-22-2017, 09:02 AM
The concussion issue would have been the get out of jail free card and in this climate, no one would have argued it.

I thought he might actually be dead after the Torres hit.

bucky15
06-23-2017, 10:32 AM
The concussion issue would have been the get out of jail free card and in this climate, no one would have argued it.

I thought he might actually be dead after the Torres hit.

I need more Hossa! I am still bumming from the news. I think he is a first ballot HOF. One other thing, no one knows how long he has been fighting this skin condition.

UWisco
06-23-2017, 05:04 PM
Stepan to the Coyotes.

KaMiGo
06-23-2017, 05:09 PM
Some Articles on Badgers heading into the draft

5-Foot-3, but He Skates Above His Level (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/22/sports/hockey/nhl-draft-sean-dhooghe.html?ribbon-ad-idx=4&rref=sports/hockey&module=Ribbon&version=context&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Hockey&pgtype=article)

Barrington's Tyler Inamoto trying to be trailblazer for Japanese hockey players (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-tyler-inamoto-nhl-draft-japanese-spt-0620-20170619-story.html)

Badgers men's hockey: Tyler Inamoto isn't sweating the NHL draft waiting game (http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-tyler-inamoto-isn-t-sweating-the/article_7c97c1d3-c7f9-5b47-bee4-af9e926fe605.html)

Tyler Inamoto 2017 NHL Draft Profile (https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017/6/19/15830466/tyler-inamoto-2017-nhl-draft-profile)

Tyler Inamoto Ė 2017 NHL Draft Prospect Profile (http://thehockeywriters.com/tyler-inamoto-2017-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/)

A Wisconsin hockey fanís guide to the NHL Entry Draft (https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2017/6/18/15826140/nhl-draft-2017-preview-wisconsin-badgers-hockey)

Happy
06-24-2017, 03:51 AM
I was speaking of the business operations.

Hossa is a fierce competitor and still effective. You really believe that he is willing to walk away and give up his career to help the team and their cap issues? That needs to be the case for your conspiracy theory to have merit.

Athletes like Hossa have to be dragged away.

Also - the NHL changed the rules AFTER Hossa's contract was signed.

Probably a topic for another thread although your tears are quite tasty.

yep, he has made more than 90 million dollars, and suddenly, when his salary drops to a tiny fraction of his previous salary, he is done.

IndianaBadger1995
06-24-2017, 12:03 PM
I was speaking of the business operations.

Hossa is a fierce competitor and still effective. You really believe that he is willing to walk away and give up his career to help the team and their cap issues? That needs to be the case for your conspiracy theory to have merit.

Athletes like Hossa have to be dragged away.

Also - the NHL changed the rules AFTER Hossa's contract was signed.

Probably a topic for another thread although your tears are quite tasty.

I'm saying if Hossa is put on LTIR to avoid his recapture penalty (approx. $3.675m cap hit through 20-21) then the Hawks should be punished. I mean, awfully convenient time now that his actually salary went from $7.9m two seasons ago, to $4m this past season and is now down to $1m for the duration left on his contract. If Hossa retires and the recapture penalty is distributed then it's fair game. If not, the Hawks should be punished. It doesn't get more obvious unless one turns a blind eye for their favorite team. The Hawks are not the only team dealing with this (also have Duncan Keith for cap recapture). NJ did with Kovalchuk. Minnesota is going to eat it with the Parise/Suter contracts. Whoever gets the cap recapture for Shea Weber will have trouble (I believe it is Nashville).

UWisco
06-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Inamoto, Kalynuk, Ess, and Weissbach were drafted today.

Timothy A
06-25-2017, 08:55 PM
Any thoughts on DG's replacement? Todd Milewski floated a bunch of names, I like Steve Miller, Mark Strobel and Kevin Patrick.

WiscTJK
06-26-2017, 12:44 PM
job opening for assistant closes today. hopefully they knock it out of the park.

Gurtholfin
06-26-2017, 12:49 PM
I'm saying if Hossa is put on LTIR to avoid his recapture penalty (approx. $3.675m cap hit through 20-21) then the Hawks should be punished. I mean, awfully convenient time now that his actually salary went from $7.9m two seasons ago, to $4m this past season and is now down to $1m for the duration left on his contract. If Hossa retires and the recapture penalty is distributed then it's fair game. If not, the Hawks should be punished. It doesn't get more obvious unless one turns a blind eye for their favorite team. The Hawks are not the only team dealing with this (also have Duncan Keith for cap recapture). NJ did with Kovalchuk. Minnesota is going to eat it with the Parise/Suter contracts. Whoever gets the cap recapture for Shea Weber will have trouble (I believe it is Nashville).

Whatever the rules are is what should happen.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

I call into question the conspiracy theory that Hossa is somehow in cahoots with management and willing to make up a bizarre medical condition and retire early even though he is still effective.

Again, whatever the rules are is what should happen.

gwhinwi
06-26-2017, 12:54 PM
job opening for assistant closes today. hopefully they knock it out of the park.

Patrick would be my top choice if they wanted to continue with what they started last year, but I have faith in the system.

Timothy A
06-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Patrick would be my top choice if they wanted to continue with what they started last year, but I have faith in the system.

Him or Miller. I can't wait to see the list when it's available.

Timothy A
06-27-2017, 01:46 PM
I am shocked this thread isn't full of thoughts on the possible assistant coach. Maybe TG brings in a an old NHL buddy he worked with in the past.

How was the BG Classic?

Quadzilla13
06-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Life long Bucky hockey fan... Long time reader... first time poster! Finally racked up the cajones to chime in with you big dogs!

This was my first year at the BG Classic and I had an absolute BLAST! Great entertainment and very fun experience. I will definitely be making this an annual trip down from Appleton as long as Blake keeps hosting it.

I was a tad disappointed in the crowd size as I thought it would be more full than it was. It was really cool to see some of the former women come play, I think Hillary Knight received the loudest cheers from the audience during the team lineups.

The bidding was really cool. I ended up leaving with the autographed Jack Skille jersey that I will be making my 2006 national championship shrine built around. I wish they would have had smaller things to bid on (gloves, helmets, pictures) for the fans who didn't have the capability to purchase the large items. I likely would have spent more money getting 5-10 items in the $50 range than just getting one big item.

All in all, great event for an even greater cause. It was a bit emotional in the stands during Blake and Adam's speeches about AJ, but the crowd did an amazing job of making it special for him.

WiscTJK
06-27-2017, 03:31 PM
Mark Strobel welcome back

https://twitter.com/BadgerMHockey/status/879780768171438080

I guess were GM^2 now or TM^2.

Timothy A
06-27-2017, 04:05 PM

That didn't take long.....no drama there. I wonder why he went with Strobel, a bit of a curious choice. He's a tad light on the coaching side of the ledger, especially getting the title Associate Head Coach.

I feel bad for Rohlik, though he is coaching the enemy. I like TM^2.

MadCityRich
06-27-2017, 08:09 PM
That didn't take long.....no drama there. I wonder why he went with Strobel, a bit of a curious choice. He's a tad light on the coaching side of the ledger, especially getting the title Associate Head Coach.

I feel bad for Rohlik, though he is coaching the enemy. I like TM^2.

I'm worried about his experience as well. 2 years here, 2 years there. Yes, he was at a couple high profile college hockey schools, but only for a short time. The Bill Michaels radio show has a buy-or-sell segment. I'm not going to sell yet, but currently I'm not buying.

That said, prove me ****ing wrong.

solovsfett
06-28-2017, 09:15 AM

Interesting choice. What was Strobel's role at osu? Recruiting? D-men?

I recall Mark playing in the 1992 title game, on a 3rd pairing I think.
Also recall the time Mark and Mike Strobel took on two rodents at the Dane. Mike Crowley was getting pummeled and I forget who the other mn player was, maybe Rasmussen?

dtrumbower
06-28-2017, 11:30 AM
This morning on Lucas, they said Strobel loves recruiting. Don G, didn't so much.

Timothy A
06-28-2017, 12:05 PM
This morning on Lucas, they said Strobel loves recruiting. Don G, didn't so much.

Strobel may love to recruit, but Oz is the still main recruiting guy according to what I have read. Steve Miller was a heck of a recruiter, but we don't know yet if he had applied or was reached out to. Seems to me TG wanted a UW legacy guy. He should have reached out to Rohlik. It is Wisconsin afterall coming a calling. ;)