Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota at Penn St. - Feb. 17-18, Let's get ready to Rummmble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota at Penn St. - Feb. 17-18, Let's get ready to Rummmble!

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    I didn't think Kloos' goal was CLEARLY a high stick at all. Very well may have been, but it didn't look like they had enough video evidence to overturn it. Didn't bother me though, because the disallowed goal for PSU should have been good.
    Wasn't the goalie interference a call made immediately, so would have had to have been clear evidence to overturn? While the OSU player was clearly pushed into the crease, the movement of his stick to follow through and take out Schierhorn's feet was accelerated beyond the speed of his body being pushed in. It was tough to tell the intent, but that motion is what took Scheirhorn down, not his body being pushed into Scherihorn. In both cases, they seemed they could go either way to me, and in that case I favor sticking with the call on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
      What I find amazing about Rem is 3-4 years ago he was list at 5'3" 125 lbs. when he committed to the Gophers. Then suddenly the "devour your Wheaties" phase and then the growth spurt. Now he's listed at 5'10", 205. If his talent trajectory keeps escalating to a top six pro upside, I suspect the Predators may call and he may forgo his senior year.

Although I agree, with his high octane speed I hope he does a "Kyle Rau" and stays for full four years.
      By a 'few years", I meant more than 2. I could imagine him being good enough to consider leaving after next year if he keeps progressing, but his comments made when he thought he was staying in Juniors another year make me hopeful he isn't in as big of a hurry as some players are. Would be nice to see him and Middlestedt together in 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        Would be nice to see him and Middlestedt together in 2 years.
        Not if you're a Penn State fan!
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I didn't mind the waived goal for the high stick. The camera angle from behind the net when slowed down to me made it pretty evident his stick was at least shoulder length high of a PSU player that is clearly higher than the crossbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            I didn't mind the waived goal for the high stick. The camera angle from behind the net when slowed down to me made it pretty evident his stick was at least shoulder length high of a PSU player that is clearly higher than the crossbar.
            My take as well.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

At least the two waived goals cancelled each other out. Both were close.

Comment

FWIW Don Lucia was asked about it and he thought it was a good goal, the puck hit the bottom of the blade of the stick which was below the crossbar. So I guess that settles it then.
                Last edited by SteveO; 02-18-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  The Kloos goal was clearly a high stick. I had no issues with them overturning it.
                  Clearly how? There was no evidence. The view on the ice showed the stick at the same level as the crossbar. You could see the boards behind the goal to figure out the measurement. It was a crap call. They made it up.

Row The Boat with a Broom tonight fellas.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The view from the ice looked way high to me.

My $0.02
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What a win! This team just never quits. Without looking that has to be at least their 5th come from behind win after being down by 2 or more.

Comment

This is a season defining win.
                        Code:

Comment

Devastating loss for psu

Comment

One of the craziest finishes to a game I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them. Big Wow!
                            Last edited by D2D; 02-18-2017, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Quality win.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Good teams find a way to win and the drama continues with this team in the second half of the season. Credit Taylor Cammarata with perhaps his biggest face off W as a Gopher with 7 seconds left and the dish to Kloos with the rocket in the corner for the tie with 3.5 seconds left in the game...it doesn't get any better than this. I thought the Gophers struggled with their structure, breakouts, and playmaking for much of game, but the ending shows this team never quits. Fitting for Pitlick with a huge weekend to bag the winner in OT. BIG win and season sweep of the Nittany Lions. Hang that scarf!
                                Last edited by SteveO; 02-18-2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X