Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      Speak for yourself
      Closet BU fan

Comment

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Twins were brutal the night before. Not an excuse, but just sayin'
        coulda shot it in the pooper
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

welp
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

that's a hoky like post

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
              Closet BU fan
              No, I just find NU fans to be much more annoying. Go back to the preseason thread and look at how some of your fans responded to even modest criticism. Its actually pretty simple

My opinion on Amherst is someone needs to finish in last, I would prefer it be Amherst.

When it comes to NU and the beanpot its similar. Someone has to finish second, I enjoy seeing it be NU.
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by wysi View Post
                I was sitting next to a Gophers fan at WBA the night Chris Lappin scored his first goal. She had been cheering rather too loudly, but Chris shut her up.
                Peter Fish beat Hobey winner Robb Stauber that night. One of those rare high points during a tough stretch in the late 80's. Another was the 12-3 (I think) win against PC where Kelfer had a Hat Trick on the first period and finished like 4-3-7, Tomlinson had something like 2-5-7, and I believe Joe Sacco was on their line and had a 5 point night.

Many low points during those years, including Fish practically putting the puck in his own net against NU in the Beanpot, and Cornell destroying BU something like 8-2 at the Garden.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  Peter Fish beat Hobey winner Robb Stauber that night. One of those rare high points during a tough stretch in the late 80's. Another was the 12-3 (I think) win against PC where Kelfer had a Hat Trick on the first period and finished like 4-3-7, Tomlinson had something like 2-5-7, and I believe Joe Sacco was on their line and had a 5 point night.

Many low points during those years, including Fish practically putting the puck in his own net against NU in the Beanpot, and Cornell destroying BU something like 8-2 at the Garden.
                  Of course Fish didn't have to do too much vs Minnesota, as he only ended up facing 17 shots. Stauber also didn't have to work too hard, facing only 19 shots, but he let in the only goal of the game.

The BU-PC game was the fourth of the 1988-89 season and moved BU to 3-1 on the new season (unfortunately they went 11-20-1 the rest of the season). Kelfer did have the first period hat trick and 4-3-7, including the first two 35 seconds apart. David Tomlinson also had a hat trick, with 3-4-7, and Joe Sacco had 2-2-4. Joe's brother David, who was playing third line right defense, had 1-3-4. By the way, the 18 points by Kelfer, Tomlinson and J. Sacco is tied for most points by a BU line in a single game in my database (1918-1951 and 1984-current). However, they only ended up playing 12 games together in 88-89 with 26-30-56 line totals (so the PC game accounted for roughly a third of their points together).

The BU-Cornell game at the Garden (an 8-2 loss) was part of an ECAC-Hockey East double header and drew a 3,427. It was also the last non-tournament game BU played at the Garden.

Sean
                  Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-01-2017, 11:53 AM.
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I admittedly know next to nothing about the PWR but looking at where we currently sit (7th) and seeing where UML and PC sit, and knowing that PC will be in Providence and is currently a 2/3 seed (and same with UML).....we go west. What needs to happen to keep us east? Win the HE tournament? Other things?? Not playing this weekend is all well and good but Providence's two wins this weekend will most likely move them up, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      I admittedly know next to nothing about the PWR but looking at where we currently sit (7th) and seeing where UML and PC sit, and knowing that PC will be in Providence and is currently a 2/3 seed (and same with UML).....we go west. What needs to happen to keep us east? Win the HE tournament? Other things?? Not playing this weekend is all well and good but Providence's two wins this weekend will most likely move them up, no?
                      PC is not the host, they aren't tied to playing in Providence. Also, two wins against UMass are virtually meaningless in PWR. Wouldn't surprise me if they end up being removed from PC's RPI calculation since they'd likely hurt their number by virtue of simply playing them.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        PC is not the host, they aren't tied to playing in Providence. Also, two wins against UMass are virtually meaningless in PWR. Wouldn't surprise me if they end up being removed from PC's RPI calculation since they'd likely hurt their number by virtue of simply playing them.
                        We played them 3 times and still do not have an asterix (and we played RPI...). I doubt UMass will count for much, but right now they (shockingly) are counting for something

I think BU stays East if they end up banded with Harvard. I can't see a Beanpot rematch in Providence or Manchester not being a draw for the committee. Lowell probably needs the same situation. The one thing that will help both schools is if the NCHC/B1G teams end up originally pairing up for interconference 1st rounds. I think once a couple of those need to get fixed the committee will be a bit more liberal with fitting geography
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Currently their are 3 2 seeds from the east (2 HE, 1 ECAC), and 2 3 seeds from the east (1 HE and 1 ECAC). The way things currently stand Union and PC would play in Providence and UML or BU would play Cornell in Manchester, while the other of BU/UML goes west, it's a toss up as far as who stays and who goes.

PC is 12 and will likely not move up by sweeping UMass, because UMass is bad.

PC dropping a spot to 13, and Union dropping a spot to 9, with the other teams staying where they are would result in BU and UML playing Union and Cornell with both games in the east. PC would also probably be the only eastern 4 seed, and they would stay east as well. So that would be a nice result for everyone (besides PC and Union fans who wanted to win the league tournament).

Comment

OK thanks all. I could have sworn PC was the regional host and went back to re-read the article I saw and realized when it said Providence plays host, it meant the city and not the school - d'oh!!

Any opportunity for BU to regain a #1 seed or is that all gone?

Comment

OK thanks all. I could have sworn PC was the regional host and went back to re-read the article I saw and realized when it said Providence plays host, it meant the city and not the school - d'oh!!

Any opportunity for BU to regain a #1 seed or is that all gone?
                              CHN has you guys pulling off the #4 overall about 6% of the time. I would bet all 6% of those involve you winning the conference tourni.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rat...lityMatrix.php
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                PC is not the host, they aren't tied to playing in Providence.
                                Correct, but the committee will have high motivation to put them there for attendance reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X