This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terriers rising

And ND with Jackson has always been a TERRIBLE matchup for BU. He does the same thing he did at Lake Superior State. Stifling defense (and if that doesn't work a great goalie to bail him out) and opportunistic offense. We don't have an answer for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
      Don't suck tonight.

- All of Hockey East.
      Taken from "Trouble With the Curve."

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        - McAvoy indeed had a tough night. Directly responsible for two of the three goals. Perhaps the talking heads will stop penciling him into the Bruins lineup for next season.
        Not just two, all three. Turned the puck over off the faceoff that lead to the first. Checked his guy (the eventual goal scorer) down in the corner and loses his stick then doesn't hustle back to cover the guy he checked who hustled to the net and got the loose puck for goal two. And of course pinched and got stuck flatfooted that lead to odd man rush for goal three. Horrendous performance.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
          Don't suck tonight.

- All of Hockey East.
          I'm quite ok with them sucking tonight

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            And ND with Jackson has always been a TERRIBLE matchup for BU. He does the same thing he did at Lake Superior State. Stifling defense (and if that doesn't work a great goalie to bail him out) and opportunistic offense. We don't have an answer for it.
            BU is 1-5-1 against Notre Dame during their time in Hockey East. No tears for sure from any Terrier fan about ND leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              I'm quite ok with them sucking tonight
              Well. you are a true BC fan then. No more Westfield State jokes...

I would think even many BC fans want BU to win tonight. (or at least tie) No great love for ND from BC fans either and I don't think many want to see ND win an outright title on their way out of HEA.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Yup. His teams are deadly against Dump and Suck. Jam up the attacking forwards and easily retrieve the puck then seize the opportunity to head the other way. Also agree this team should absolutely not be using this style of play. Nobody parks themselves in front of the next so chasing the puck in the corner, and then passing it back up to the blue line so the D-man can shoot an unobstructed puck into the goalie's chest doesn't work on either 5 on 5 or on the power play. My estimation of Quinn's coaching abilities sinks by the day unfortunately, and no I don't want Parker back.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                  Well. you are a true BC fan then. No more Westfield State jokes...

I would think even many BC fans want BU to win tonight. (or at least tie) No great love for ND from BC fans either and I don't think many want to see ND win an outright title on their way out of HEA.
                  I'm ok with a tie! Or whatever gives BC a better chance to avoid NU in quarters

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    I'm ok with a tie! Or whatever gives BC a better chance to avoid NU in quarters
                    A tie means you finish 2nd. We're the 7 seed if we don't lose to Maine tonight. So, you're not rooting for a tie, you want anything but.

Anyway, came in here to say I'm also rooting for a tie or a BU win. 10 teams are counting on you. Take it home.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      I'm ok with a tie!
                      Right, both of them sucking seems like the best option
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015
                      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

I'd also like to see a BU-PC quarters matchup

Comment

While I certainly would never, ever root for BU to lose, I certainly won't be shedding any tears for the rest of the league not wanting ND to win if they do, because if you don't want ND to win, all the other teams should have done their part to beat them so they wouldn't be in the position to take the regular season title. /run on sentence

Serves you all right for actively rooting for Harvard in the Beanpot final.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            While I certainly would never, ever root for BU to lose, I certainly won't be shedding any tears for the rest of the league not wanting ND to win if they do, because if you don't want ND to win, all the other teams should have done their part to beat them so they wouldn't be in the position to take the regular season title. /run on sentence

Good retort. Almost funny, isn't it? They all like us for one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Wasn't rooting FOR Harvard, I generally root against Comm Ave, but not for anyone. It's awkward knowing if Lowell gets the , the 1 seed it'll be partly due to Amherst beating notre dame.
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                Not just two, all three. Turned the puck over off the faceoff that lead to the first. Checked his guy (the eventual goal scorer) down in the corner and loses his stick then doesn't hustle back to cover the guy he checked who hustled to the net and got the loose puck for goal two. And of course pinched and got stuck flatfooted that lead to odd man rush for goal three. Horrendous performance.
                                And once again it won't matter...score 8 goals change the D...score one goal double down on your stupidity...3 D with one goal between them and GQ is on NESN saying he needs more offense from the D...this guy really is laughable.

Comment

Working...
                                X