CIS rebrands as U SPORTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIS rebrands as U SPORTS

Not sure if this belongs here, but seeing as most of us play exhibition games against these guys every year I figured I might as well post it. Apparently this past fall, Canadian Interuniversity Sport, basically the Canadian NCAA, rebranded as U SPORTS (all caps apparently). Kind of stupid in my opinion. U SPORTS sounds like the name of a low-budget college sports news website, but I guess they wanted a name that would be the same in English and French so that they wouldn't have separate acronyms (CIS, SIC). Anyway, now if anybody sees their team playing someone from "U SPORTS" next year, you'll know who they're talking about.
    Last edited by Buckeye22; 01-29-2017, 03:39 PM.
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
    University of Western Ontario '19

Re: CIS rebrands as U SPORTS

Miami (FL) will contest the brand name!!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

On level with ESPN 8 the Ocho.
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Miami (FL) will contest the brand name!!
        That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

They can call themselves whatever they like and I'm cool with it. I just want to know when some of their hockey teams are going to join the NCAA. Then we can rebrand to ICAA - International Collegiate Athletic Association. This would also be a more fitting name since most of us know that organization as the Incompetent Collegiate Athletic Association.
          Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
          X