PDA

View Full Version : Beanpot LXV - Does Anything Else Even Matter?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Split-N
01-29-2017, 12:19 PM
OK boys and girls, seven days and a wake-up before the puck is dropped for the 65th Beanpot Tournament. Let the hype begin!

northeastern
01-29-2017, 04:47 PM
This year.. it really is Harvard's turn.
For real.

joecct
01-29-2017, 04:51 PM
For real.

https://youtu.be/GQ9Nm_c3GVY

Split-N
01-29-2017, 06:21 PM
For real.

The Crimson Menace?

northeastern
01-29-2017, 06:36 PM
The Crimson Menace?

ha, ha.. something like that.

J.D.
01-29-2017, 07:07 PM
The North Star Cup will overtake the Beanpot someday...mark my words.

bothman
01-29-2017, 07:41 PM
The North Star Cup will overtake the Beanpot someday...mark my words.

In my experience, there have been 3 certainties - Death, Taxes, and Harvard no showing in the Beanpot.

Until Harvard actually does show up, I expect nothing from them.

Nick Papagiorgio
01-30-2017, 09:15 AM
I know this is going to result in a meltdown by scarlet but... I'm just sayin.... keep an eye on the weather. As of yesterday one major model had quite a storm heading this way for Beanpot Monday. We'll have to see how this develops. :D

Scarlet
01-30-2017, 09:27 AM
I know this is going to result in a meltdown by scarlet but... I'm just sayin.... keep an eye on the weather. As of yesterday one major model had quite a storm heading this way for Beanpot Monday. We'll have to see how this develops. :D

HA HA!! You have no idea how timely this post is!! Because, as luck would have it, I'm going to the Super Bowl (yay!) and booked my flight home to be back in time for the Beanpot (since we have the second game). Did that Thursday night. Woke up Friday morning, watched NECN to see the 10-day forecast which took us out to Sunday. And what did I see? many flakes. Greeeeaaat. Because we all know that even though forecasts change a million times, I know that if it was showing up as snow on Sunday, that means the actual storm would be the next day. And sure enough, I woke up Saturday, watched the 10-day, and now I see much snow Monday. I checked AccuWeather.com, they show nothing. By Saturday afternoon, the 10-day now has snow late Monday into Tuesday. Oh perfect. What do I do about the game? I am deciding about driving to the airport to park and then go right to the Garden but do I want to go further into debt and pay the ridiculous cost to park there or take the T in and take a cab home? But what if it's bad weather? Stressed me out ALL WEEKEND. Then I watched NECN this morning and now no snow till Wednesday. So weird. Needless to say, I will be watching daily to see what happens. Because what do I pack???

Rainman
01-30-2017, 10:29 AM
In the history of the Beanpot, we have never had a Harvard-Northeastern final. Every Beanpot championship game has featured either BC or BU. That will continue this year, with Harvard and Northeastern meeting in a semifinal game due to "regular rotation" of semifinal matchups.

Given the teams' regular season records, will Harvard make it back to the Beanpot championship game for the first time since 2008? Or will they choke again? Only time will tell...

Scarlet
01-30-2017, 11:02 AM
Back in the late 80s/early 90s the joke was that Harvard only won a Beanpot the February after a new president was inaugurated. So, this could be the year!!

kdiff77
01-30-2017, 11:10 AM
This will be my sixth straight year going to the Beanpot as a neutral. Always a great time! Hoping to see a BU-Harvard final, as those are the two most fun teams to watch IMO. I won't be upset if NU makes the final, however, as their fans always come out in force and create an awesome atmosphere that really elevates the experience.

Let's hope the snow doesn't ruin everything (again).

Scarlet
01-30-2017, 12:11 PM
Let's hope the snow doesn't ruin everything (again).

This 10-day forecast seems to indicate weather will not be a factor. (http://www.necn.com/weather/?zipCode=02201) Knowing of course this could easily change by tomorrow.

CommAvHusky
01-30-2017, 12:12 PM
Ahhh the Beanpot, a legit excuse to get drunk 24 hours after the Super Bowl.

Thiessen'sBetter
01-30-2017, 12:13 PM
If it snows, just postpone until Nolan Stevens is ready to go. ;)

Thiessen'sBetter
01-30-2017, 12:17 PM
In my experience, there have been 3 certainties - Death, Taxes, and Harvard no showing in the Beanpot.

Until Harvard actually does show up, I expect nothing from them.

Haven't watched Harvard much this year, they're clearly a very good team, but how in the hell did you lose to RPI 4-0? It'd be cool with that team showing up on Monday.

Scarlet
01-30-2017, 12:32 PM

:eek: It is aliiiiiiiiiiiiiive!!

Welcome back CAH. I'll go get you a beer!

Nick Papagiorgio
01-30-2017, 12:33 PM
Whether it snows or not, I'm looking forward to another few hundred references to the Blizzard of '78 in the media/broadcast.

Nick Papagiorgio
01-30-2017, 12:33 PM

As if you needed a legit reason.

kdiff77
01-30-2017, 12:37 PM
This 10-day forecast seems to indicate weather will not be a factor. (http://www.necn.com/weather/?zipCode=02201) Knowing of course this could easily change by tomorrow.

Cross your fingers!