Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beanpot LXV - Does Anything Else Even Matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beanpot LXV - Does Anything Else Even Matter?

OK boys and girls, seven days and a wake-up before the puck is dropped for the 65th Beanpot Tournament. Let the hype begin!
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

This year.. it really is Harvard's turn.
    For real.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      For real.
      https://youtu.be/GQ9Nm_c3GVY
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Beanpot LXV - Does Anything Else Even Matter?

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        For real.
        The Crimson Menace?
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
          The Crimson Menace?
          ha, ha.. something like that.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

The North Star Cup will overtake the Beanpot someday...mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              The North Star Cup will overtake the Beanpot someday...mark my words.
              In my experience, there have been 3 certainties - Death, Taxes, and Harvard no showing in the Beanpot.

Until Harvard actually does show up, I expect nothing from them.

Comment

I know this is going to result in a meltdown by scarlet but... I'm just sayin.... keep an eye on the weather. As of yesterday one major model had quite a storm heading this way for Beanpot Monday. We'll have to see how this develops.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  I know this is going to result in a meltdown by scarlet but... I'm just sayin.... keep an eye on the weather. As of yesterday one major model had quite a storm heading this way for Beanpot Monday. We'll have to see how this develops.
                  HA HA!! You have no idea how timely this post is!! Because, as luck would have it, I'm going to the Super Bowl (yay!) and booked my flight home to be back in time for the Beanpot (since we have the second game). Did that Thursday night. Woke up Friday morning, watched NECN to see the 10-day forecast which took us out to Sunday. And what did I see? many flakes. Greeeeaaat. Because we all know that even though forecasts change a million times, I know that if it was showing up as snow on Sunday, that means the actual storm would be the next day. And sure enough, I woke up Saturday, watched the 10-day, and now I see much snow Monday. I checked AccuWeather.com, they show nothing. By Saturday afternoon, the 10-day now has snow late Monday into Tuesday. Oh perfect. What do I do about the game? I am deciding about driving to the airport to park and then go right to the Garden but do I want to go further into debt and pay the ridiculous cost to park there or take the T in and take a cab home? But what if it's bad weather? Stressed me out ALL WEEKEND. Then I watched NECN this morning and now no snow till Wednesday. So weird. Needless to say, I will be watching daily to see what happens. Because what do I pack???

Comment

In the history of the Beanpot, we have never had a Harvard-Northeastern final. Every Beanpot championship game has featured either BC or BU. That will continue this year, with Harvard and Northeastern meeting in a semifinal game due to "regular rotation" of semifinal matchups.

Given the teams' regular season records, will Harvard make it back to the Beanpot championship game for the first time since 2008? Or will they choke again? Only time will tell...
                    Colgate '09

Comment

Back in the late 80s/early 90s the joke was that Harvard only won a Beanpot the February after a new president was inaugurated. So, this could be the year!!

Comment

This will be my sixth straight year going to the Beanpot as a neutral. Always a great time! Hoping to see a BU-Harvard final, as those are the two most fun teams to watch IMO. I won't be upset if NU makes the final, however, as their fans always come out in force and create an awesome atmosphere that really elevates the experience.

Let's hope the snow doesn't ruin everything (again).

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                          Let's hope the snow doesn't ruin everything (again).
                          This 10-day forecast seems to indicate weather will not be a factor. Knowing of course this could easily change by tomorrow.

Comment

Ahhh the Beanpot, a legit excuse to get drunk 24 hours after the Super Bowl.
                            Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                            —H. L. Mencken

Comment

If it snows, just postpone until Nolan Stevens is ready to go.
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                              X