Raise the trophy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise the trophy?

Sorry Gopher fans to hear about Cameranesi's season ending injury. IMO, this hurts the Gophers more this year than other years when they lost one of their stars (Kessel) to injury. The Gophers just do not seem to have the depth with goal scorers this year to make up for the loss. This hurt's big time with their efforts to repeat as champions. Does this mean Wisconsin finally gets over the hump? My guess is "yes!"

Re: Raise the trophy?

Moderators, please move this thread to the This Is Where We Try To Jinx The Badgers forum.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by 2Bladedskates View Post
      Does this mean Wisconsin finally gets over the hump? My guess is "yes!"
      If you look at how much better their players are than any other team's I realistically don't see any way they don't win it all this year.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Moderators, please move this thread to the This Is Where We Try To Jinx The Badgers forum.
        Originally posted by D2D View Post
        If you look at how much better their players are than any other team's I realistically don't see any way they don't win it all this year.
        Moderator, please delete this thread. I find it offensive, abusive, full of lies and it makes me feel very uncomfortable.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Moderator, please delete this thread. I find it offensive, abusive, full of lies and it makes me feel very uncomfortable.
          We gave it our best shot, but Wisconsin was just too good!

Comment

Sorry Gopher fans to hear about Cameranesi's season ending injury.
            Thanks, it's a disaster for the Gopher's season, and such an unfortunate way to end her career (there are some sources, last I heard, that are claiming she has a small chance to come back for the postseason).

Gophers are down to 6th in the pairwise currently, so we look like we will be fighting to make the tournament.

Hopefully, some more of our forwards will start figuring out how to put the puck in the net. Also hopefully, the goaltending position will trend upwards after giving our team a shot in the arm last weekend. I think at least, if the Gophers make the tourney in the bottom half of the draw, we can make our opponent feel bad about the team they drew in the opening round

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              I agree. If Wisconsin doesn't win it all this year, Brad Schimel should look into it.
              "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                I agree. If Wisconsin doesn't win it all this year, Brad Schimel should look into it.
                I sincerely hope that the team is grounded and not as overconfident as the above posters as it could come back to haunt them. Play the game first and then raise the trophy if it is indeed yours to raise!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                  I sincerely hope that the team is grounded and not as overconfident as the above posters as it could come back to haunt them. Play the game first and then raise the trophy if it is indeed yours to raise!
                  As a lifetime Gopher fan since the days of Oscar Mahle anyway, I hope that the Wisconsin team is grounded too, maybe due to bad weather at the airport and my favorite team wins it all in St Charles. Still joking, sort of.
                  "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Hockey is a game where a few mistakes in a game or a goalie standing on their head can torpedo a season in single elimination. No one knows that more than WI. I for one am confident UW will make the tourny and get a home game, other than that all bets are off.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      (there are some sources, last I heard, that are claiming she has a small chance to come back for the postseason).
                      that's just Putin and his boys messin' with the cheesheads

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                        that's just Putin and his boys messin' with the cheesheads
                        Hacking, slashing, whatever.

Comment

Sorry Gopher fans to hear about Cameranesi's season ending injury. IMO, this hurts the Gophers more this year than other years when they lost one of their stars (Kessel) to injury. The Gophers just do not seem to have the depth with goal scorers this year to make up for the loss. This hurt's big time with their efforts to repeat as champions. Does this mean Wisconsin finally gets over the hump? My guess is "yes!"
                          Brandt played all of last season injured, she had surgery after the season. It was obvious she was not playing up to her ability. The Gophers were able to overcome that in part because Hanna at 50% is still very good but it cost her the Kazmaier. If there was a book in Vegas I would put money on the Badgers but I would have done that last year too. Frost has stated every year that winning the whole thing has a strong luck component. I hope nobody loses because of injuries or a bad bounce but it does happen.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                            (there are some sources, last I heard, that are claiming she has a small chance to come back for the postseason).
                            This would be actual proof that there is no God.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              This would be actual proof that there is no God.
                              "You know you got to go through hell before you get to heaven"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEp_IAfyldo

Comment

Working...
                              X