Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ SLU & Clarkson (1/27, 1/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ SLU & Clarkson (1/27, 1/28)

Discuss!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ SLU & Clarkson (1/27, 1/28)

Congratulations to SLU and CCT on at least two points this upcoming weekend.

Don't think I'm going to go to this one...

Comment

Right now, St. Lawrence and Clarkson are surely more focused on their games against Colgate and Cornell on Jan. 20-21.

Once those are out of the way, the St. Lawrence - Union game shapes up as a battle for first place in the ECAC. Currently, Union leads by two points, but by the time next weekend rolls around, they could be anywhere from two points ahead of St. Lawrence to two points behind.

St. Lawrence has an excellent 8-1-3 record in ECAC play, but they have been so-so in non-league games, going only 4-5-3 in those.

Clarkson hasn't been quite as good, but they are a couple games over .500 in ECAC play at 6-4-1. They also have been only so-so in non-league games, going 5-5-2.

Both of them defeated RPI in Troy and both should be favored to do so again on their home ice.

However, it should be noted that two of RPI's last three games have been against teams in USCHO's top ten, and they gave both of those teams all they could handle (in fact, they gave Harvard a good deal more than they could handle). Interestingly, on Friday night, St. Lawrence is going to be in the same position Harvard was on Jan. 13 - facing RPI, in a game they are expected to win easily, the night before what shapes up as a big game against Union.

Comment

Now that last weekend is over, I'll bump this thread up to where the St. Lawrence and Clarkson fans can see it, in case any of them want to chime in.

In action over the past weekend, Clarkson had leads in both of their games but couldn't hold them, as a 3-1 lead turned into a 3-3 tie with Cornell, then a 2-1 lead turned into a 3-2 loss to Colgate. St. Lawrence scored a solid 3-0 victory over Colgate, but then lost a close one to Cornell, 3-2. Seems as though the latter was a pretty rough-and-tumble game, with the two teams combining for 85 minutes in penalties.

Going into this weekend's action, St. Lawrence is tied for first place, points-wise, with Union, but the Dutchmen have two games in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Congratulations to SLU and CCT on at least two points this upcoming weekend.
          Having watched Clarkson this past weekend, I don't know if I agree... we were horrible Saturday. I could see RPI getting points if we play like that again.
          Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
          Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
            Having watched Clarkson this past weekend, I don't know if I agree... we were horrible Saturday. I could see RPI getting points if we play like that again.
            Much better RPI teams have lost two games in the NC. They only way that RPI can beat Clarkson is if Clarkson takes them lightly -- very lightly.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
              Same could have been said after your Northeastern game... not only did we not get any points, we almost didn't get any on the scoreboard either.

Only way RPI gets points is if one of these two teams forfeits.

Comment

Working...
              X