Patty Kazmaeir 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patty Kazmaeir 2017

The season is winding down.....Is it ARD vs Pannek? No one else really jumps out at me statistically, they both lead their respective stats comfortably. Are there any Eastern players to consider?
    Last edited by Timothy A; 03-09-2017, 03:09 PM.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Re: Patty Kazmaeir 2017

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    The season is winding down.....Is it ARD vs Pannek? No one else really jumps out at me statistically, they both lead their respective stats comfortably. Are there any Eastern players to consider?
    nice of you to pretend somebody else has a chance

I see someone has finally passed Cameranesi's goal total, it "only" took 7 games

Comment

....... Are there any Eastern players to consider?
      And if we did would that be considered Eastern Bias?
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
        And if we did would that be considered Eastern Bias?
        Check out Wednesday Women for their insight on the PK. There is eastern content that might surprise some.

Comment

I'll go with Pannek.
          "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Now that Pannek is in the Patty K discussion, I don't want to be a bad source, I'd like to correct some information I sent out recently that I discovered was incorrect.

Pannek is 2nd among forwards in blocked shots in the WCHA. not the NCAA as I previously reported. Still pretty good, but.......
            Last edited by KTDC; 01-19-2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure if ARD missing 5 games will be a factor or not. It probably helps her case that her GAA is 1.00 less than her back-up's and her save percentage is 6% better, so it's just not the team in front of her. If it's anything like Coyne's last year, it's more like a college hockey lifetime achievement award than just based on that 1 season.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I do not believe missing games is a factor. It might have more to do with the fact that ARD averages 15-16 shots against per game on the #1 ranked team in the nation. Your comments on the back-up are fair. There is no denying that ARD is a talented goaltender however playing on a powerhouse team likely hurts her more than helps her which some would say is unfair. Personally, I like Howard from Robert Morris. She doesn't have the supporting cast that Pannek has, not even close and is putting up the numbers. Having said that, if the Patty Kazmaeir was awarded today, it would have to go to Pannek.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                  I do not believe missing games is a factor.
                  It's always a factor. A player only has so many chances to make her impact, and each game missed is one fewer chance. It can be overcome, but then more has to be shown in the remaining games.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    It's always a factor. A player only has so many chances to make her impact, and each game missed is one fewer chance. It can be overcome, but then more has to be shown in the remaining games.
                    Looking back on my comment, what I meant to say is "I do not believe that missing 5 games is a factor" and agree that it can be a factor however it does depend on how many games are missed and whether or not a player can make a difference in the remaining games. Tough for a goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                      Check out Wednesday Women for their insight on the PK.
                      the PK is not an MVP award like in baseball

"the Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award is presented annually to the top player in NCAA Division I women’s ice hockey. Other selection criteria include outstanding individual and team skills, sportsmanship, performance in the clutch, personal character, competitiveness and a love of hockey. Consideration is also given to academic achievement and civic involvement."

and I don't see anything where previous years must be ignored. So the fact that Desbiens isn't breaking the records she set last year, it shouldn't preclude her from winning it this year.

and also the comment that Pannek has the support Howard does not, they should probably look at the Gopher injury reports

Comment

If your goalie doesn't win the PK it will be a crime. She has been the best player in the country hands down. If there were a player that had ridiculous numbers that haven't been seen in decades I could see her losing...that's it...but there is no such player this year. For a goalie to put up those numbers...for a couple of years now...there is no way she does not get that honor. If they give it to a player that blows Carpenter or Coyne's numbers out I could see it. The problem is that there are no players that good this year. ARD has numbers that are once in a generation. There were 6 forwards with higher numbers last year. This year is mediocre at best for forwards. ARD HANDS DOWN!!!...and I'm from the East!

Comment

My Sonmorlike quality thinks Pannek should win, but the numbers say Desbiens. Averaging 17 saves a game (if my Harding math is correct) is not huge, but her numbers are similar to last year (when I thought she should win) and she's a senior and Pannek's a junior and I'm sure they're both nice people and good students so...
                          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

If I had a vote it's ARD, no question.
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Hard to argue against Desbiens...
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                              X